Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dare to be different, really dare.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrisp, Mar 8, 2007.

1. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Take your Ridlin and keep on choppin' !!

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I think it's cool, but then again, I like Jerry Lewis.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Great work and it's gonna be pretty cool, but don't whine when people start to tell you the obvious fact that this place is for traditional hot rods and that it doesn't fit here.

Before you decide to rant and rave about my comment, realize that it's just the truth, not an attack or an insult.

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

when did they first offer that body style? was it in the sixties? i'm thinking about building an 82 camaro, seventies style...

5. BusDriverJ

BusDriverJ

I cant wait to see this one done. Im a fan of European cars customized. Id eventually like to get a Benz from the 60's and do some work to it. Noting that crazy, but still not stock. Keep it up!!

6. Nice work! Great choice for the dash too!:rolleyes:

7. euro trash ;)

wish they did more projexts like this in europe...this would be a big NONO here,.,,

I like it!!!

8. It was produced from '55-'75...almost unchanged in all that time...

So, it kinda fits, I still think its gonna be awesome when its done :cool:

9. Nice work on a cool car. Ms. Detonator just got back from a trip to So Cal and the first thing she mentioned was this cool, restored DS that blew by her at about 90 on the I-5. Shitroens rock. How'd you like to pull into your local burger joints and order a side of Freedom Fries in one of these 2CVs?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

i dont want to hijack this thread, but do you have any more pictures or info on these? especially the first one?

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Ugly as heck, but cool as heck at the same time!!! Nice work!!

12. metalshapes

metalshapes

I like it a lot...

It would be cool if you could get a set of Euro one-piece headlights, and clean up the lines some more.

Chopper Olli from Finland did some great drawings of chopped DS'es, but I cant post any pics right now for some reason...

And his homepage is down so a link to that would be useless.

13. I don't know why I like those two weird little cars, but I gotta admit...I do.

14. Mai oui, mon ami! Voila -- Le Frog's Folly

[​IMG]

15. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

Cool Ride always liked them !! Hope you keep the front end (lights Bumper) Stock....it already looks kustom to me !!

16. chrisp

chrisp

I Knew when I started building this car that it wasn't gonna fit in any "category" 72 will open me the doors of muscle car shows, except it's not one it's a Kustom, but it's not old enough for those kustom shows, it's okay I'd be enjoying it driving it around, as stated, the DS was introduced in 55 so I do think that it kind of fit the bill.
    No there's no Maserati engine, it was in the SM a completly different car (hot rod magazine made a mistake. I was gonna buy an SM just to get the engine and shoehorn it in my DS but the old lady who had one (only around 13 000 build) sent her car tothe junkyard instead of selling it to me:mad: . Te DS that was in HRM is a street machine and we both started at the same time, only he's got more money than me, plus I think that this car lost her soul by giving up everything that made this car so special just an empty shell and I go for a more traditional look, no billet, no dub, just skinny whites and metal flakes.

17. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Err....isn't there something about if the body style was started before '64 and it runs...well...past it....than its "acceptable"?

Either way....thats an interesting euro.

18. v8minor

v8minor

Nice work ,Not a thing wrong with doin a DS

19. Kula Fucking Shaka. I have loads of Citroen bits in my Modified and loads of modified Citroen bits in my trike;

[​IMG]

20. metalshapes

metalshapes

Here is Chopper Olli's artwork...

Attached Files:

21. Looks to me like you've got trike bits in your 2CV :)
    Cosmo

22. chrisp

chrisp

Here goes, one of the thing I never liked on those cars is the absence of rocker panel, just a crapy bolt on aluminum panel which gives in my opinion an unfinished aspect to the car
    [​IMG]
    So I decided to fill that gap
    [​IMG]
    Not only the platform is no more visible but it accentuate the chop and it looks like it belonged there in the first place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also tuned the opening system of the 1/4 panel so it doesn't look like some Honda tuner
    [​IMG]
    Just to know, I measured the car's height, it's only 4' tall, not bad.

23. FIRat

FIRat
    from MidWest

Shot? Did that car just shoot you all up with goose bumps and FU to a Ford hot rod, (not really, but wow, what a body style)... sans the rear fenders.

Nice front on the 66 green. Now blend in a 34 Ford front grill licking up that hood. I really like the rear end a lot. Front and side need work, but that car works for me. 8th wonder of the world, (of auto body design). That is just a hot body.

Edit: The fenders make the 66B where the orange w/out looks better. The 66B is growing on me. I wouldn't touch it. It would ruin everything if I messed with it. It's great looking as is. I like different.

24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Someone mention Bonneville.
    Some nice fab work chrisp! I like it.

Attached Files:

25. Was just wondering the other evening if there was any updates on the DS as I saw one driving down the street.....

Great work man, keep those updates coming.

26. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

27. DashEight

DashEight
    from Seattle WA

I'm diggin the 2 door conversion. Awsome metal work! Keep posting progress!

28. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

I really love this car and will be coming back regularly for updates!

I remember when I was a kid in the 70's these cars were everywhere in France.

29. Skimmer

Skimmer

Theres one of these been left abandoned on the side of the road on an industrial estate near to me , it funny the local council were takin pics of it yesterday, someones gonna get a fine or worse.......i like the ole shitroens

30. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Nice fab work