Register now to get rid of these ads!

So my roadster was introduced to a Wisconsin State Trooper last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alex Yohnk, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Now that's a racist piece of shit that's need to be written up -even if you are white! What he said out loud to you is what that motherf#cker is thinking when he pulls over a minority, and if you'd been a little darker, it might have been a different story all together:mad:

2. Machinos

Machinos

Gilligan wasn't the captain, the Skipper was...

3. Degreaser

Degreaser

You are obviously a dildo. You think the cop test is hard? Try taking the test to be able to operate a 25 ton vessel in international waters....after 9/11.

4. 25Thobbyist

25Thobbyist

5. I think I would have told him something like "okay, I agree I need to get a parking brake on here, and maybe a muffler. But outside of that, I'd be more than happy to go have the inspection now, and you can then write me real tickets on the things that are in violation if you like. Is your supervisor (drop name) busy? I'll bring my friend that you pulled over last month, too."

Ultimately the thing to do is follow through on getting it overturned and getting the supervisor to bitch him out. That way at least he won't pull you over again, and if he does, ask him how his supervisor is doing, using the guy's name.

-------------------

Thing is in this state, if you get a fix-it ticket, and you fix it before the court date, they drop the ticket. Some things have to be verified as working by a motor vehicle inspection station or a police officer. On a no front plate ticket years ago I just brought a photo of the car with said plate on, to the judge.

The last time I got pulled over, a NY state trooper, was probably the most pleasant experience I had to ever get a ticket with. He got me because my Suburban had started a habit of having all the lights go out on the left when I hit the brake with the taillights on. Whatever the thing was grounded to was bad. But I'd also let my inspection run out, just had kinda forgotten it. I just said flat out "I guess you're going to have to give me a ticket then?" and was pleasant about it, and he told me he'd see what he could do. Which, what he did was write me a fix-it for the taillight, that I'd have to have inspected by a shop or a police officer, telling me that he figured I couldn't have a police officer look at it with the inspection run out on it.

End of story, I fixed the light, took it in and got it inspected, had the shop fill out the form to show the light was fixed, the shop passed it for me even though it wasn't 100% (backup lights don't work for some unknown reason), mailed in the form and the ticket pleading not guilty with return reciept, and never heard anything about it again.

Around here I never have a problem with the state guys, they're always professional. It's the small town guys who are more likely to have no business being police. And I have no problem with police, unless they're unprofessional and act like that badge makes them only need to answer to the president and the Lord himself.

6. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

so are you a cop?

7. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

California state law says side windows can be only so dark and no tint on front windshield and the back window as well as rear side windows you can have them as dark as you want them. Thats california state law.

8. Brian C

Brian C

Bad Cop!......No Donut!

9. FIRat

FIRat
    from MidWest

Show the mayor (who writes the cop's pay check) where your hot rod is a menace to society or the laws of the state, and I will show you a town with a crime wave. Where is that cop stopping a car thief and not a law abiding citizen with his DMV taxes paid on hit rod...

Rant over.

10. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Hey Degeaser how many Charter Boat Captains died in 911.......Gimme a break. Don't even try and compare your job to theres. I think the last time one of those boat captains was in the news was when they hit the dock and killed a bunch of people in NY. Maybe you should have a sit down with the Family's of the two NY Policeman that were just shot ( one died ) pulling over a car to get a better idea as to what they have to do. Your an ass

11. Your fighting this in the wrong place, you need to take it down town.
    Oh Ya and some of the responses in this tread are pretty immature.

12. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

Just talked to the superior officer. He's checking into the matter and is going to call me back. Lord willing, it will be taken care of.

13. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

What the fuck does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Like we should be more concearned about cops that died in 9/11 than other people?

Talk about a bullshit comparison.

Degreaser is right. It's still a matter of fact that any asshole with a grudge can pass the red tape to become a cop.... and comparitively it IS much harder to get licensure and certification to captain large shipping vessels.

Your comparison is assinie and petty.

I'm so sick of "patriots" backing on 9/11 for their bullshit idealogy... :rolleyes:

PS: Maybe if you people would take a little initiative to clean up your city cops wouldn't be getting shot for no reason.

14. bustingear

bustingear

You must have looked sinister. I have nothing but good times with cop reviews. Most of the time they just want to look, praise and swap a story.
    1. Stopped in Mckinney, TX. "You did not think we could let this go buy without looking" (one man car show) Have a nice day.
    2. Stopped on Central expressway Dallas. "You have a taillight out sir" Thanks officer. I will fix it when I get home.
    3. Columbus OH. Review at a quick stop. "That is a fun car. Be careful on the highway. I would not want anyone to damage that machine." Thanks officer.
    4. On the way to INDY with a flat in my buddies Roadster. I went to fix the tire. The trooper dropped flairs and stayed with my two buddies and my son for two hours making sure they were safe while he spit tobacco on the side of the road.
    5. Columbus OH ran out of gas because of of no guage. Columbus officer dropped flares and started to tell me about his dads restorations. Thanks for stopping officer.
    6. One of my personal frinds is a TEXAS cop whom I have persanally popped tops with driving down central in Dallas.

Give em a break boys. They are just people who get shot at.

15. MUDFLAP

MUDFLAP
    from wyoming

Hey 6t5frlane: the issue here is rather or not a cop is picking on a guy for having a " non-confirming" car by the cop's definition of the law. It is not about the "war" in Iraq or if somebody can pass a cop test. Don't be pissing on his wheaties over his or your abilitiy to be "blue".

16. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I would suggest that some of you read degeasers first post. That said he bought up 911. Good Luck Rustbelt. Done

17. Guys,

There are slugs everywhere in society. I've seen bad cops, bad service people at McDonalds, well you get the idea. Most policemen, boat captains, etc. are just everyday normal people trying to get along. When you start in with "ALL cops, patrolmen, government workers, etc.", it just makes you look little. We are better people than this, at least the majority of us are. If you turn over enough rocks you can find something to be offended about.

The bottom line is Rustbelt has a problem with one patrolman and he needs to follow some of the better advice offered here. Good luck with an unpleasant encounter, I hope it goes well. Be sure and let us know the outcome.

And no I am not in law enforcement.

18. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

And I suggest you use some comprhension of the english language... Degreasers post gives the implication that it's hard to get licensure and certification for large shipping vessels, and that it's harder after 9/11.

His post say's NOTHING about anyone of a certain employment field dying on 9/11, which was why the other response about how many "captains died in 9/11" is complete bullshit.

19. Degreaser

Degreaser

Thanks guys. I'm done arguing with this dude. He doesn't get it.

20. Good for you, Rustbelt. That's taking a positive step. Now go shoot some finish on that car and make it look like a hot rod. It's too nice of a project to run around looking like a junker. Might even consider brush painting it with an oil based enamel and color sanding it to a nice glossy sheen. Unless you're reading Old Skool Rat Rodz, the rust fad is long over.

21. Muttley

Muttley

22. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

Bad news. The sgt. told me that the car has been modified beyond factory specs and must be titled as a "reconstructed vehicle" which changes all the rules. Seriously, if anybody knows somebody high up in Wisconsin, I need some help.

And last night I did wire brush the body and put down some primer.

23. Good luck, man. And here I thought that California had the most restrictive laws.

24. Stop talking to low level bureaucrats. It just annoys you and usually they only know so much and make up the rest to get you to leave them alone. Go see someone at your state DMV and ask them to provide written guidance about your car. They will probably even have an inspector available. Your problem reminds me of the time I called the IRS hotline for assistance, three people gave three different answers. I then called a Tax Attorney and he provided the information I needed in written form.

I work in network infrastructure management and when someone calls in with a computer problem they never get directly to my desk. The first person they talk to is a lower level technician whose main duty is to make up a work order with enough information to help the actual repair tech make an initial assessment. Go to the next level and get yor answers in writing...

25. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

the dmv told me that as long as it looks like a model a, it's a model a, and not a recontstructed vehicle. the written law isn't much help either, it just says reconstructed vehicle= a vehicle that has been modified beyond manufacturer's specs. That's every hot rod in the state.......I hope I'm not being made an example of.

26. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

Aww man all this talk about being pulled over by the man. i hope i dont get pulled over. im a nice girl.

27. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

In California, you are only allowed to tint the windows behind the driver as dark as you want and only if you have a mirror on the passenger side of the car. No tint is allowed on the driver's window or the front passenger window. It also applies to out-of-state vehicles. So if you travel to California, you can be cited. 26708(a)(1) CVC
    I believe the fine is $75
    Also, fines in California are expensive. In the old days, the penalty assessment was $3. Now it's $17.50 for ever $10 of fine. For example, if the fine is $50, you pay 5 x $17.50 plus $50.

28. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Ever hear the phrase "Never argue with an idiot - they'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience?"

Get the car inspected by a DMV inspector. Get his OK in writing and carry it with you. If these cops continue to harass you, follow the better advice listed above.

I wonder if you could get a restraining order against a cop.....? Sorry, thinking out loud again!

29. redoxide

redoxide

youve opened a can of worms for yourself. the cops are correct, your vehicle is modified beyond original spec ( how many model A parts unmodified are actually on it) The guy that stopped you is probably the only one that does know what hes doing and actually cut you some slack with a warning.The rest of the cops are too lazy to be bothered.
    Like some of the other big mouths on here that shout loud and expect people to listen to there crap I can tell you they are WRONG and the cop is spot on the money. Like it or not. Hot rodders have been bending the registration regs for years all over the world, interpreting the law as they see it,for there advantage to register the vehicle and seek exemptions ( excuses) from having to build it properly.
    With the advent of the rat rod movement and the focus placed on it within the media and the WWW, official departments have been enlightened to the fact that lots ( all ) of these vehicles are improperly registered. California DMV closed loopholes a while back, but that wont stop you telling them what you "Think " you have. Unfortunately some of them have a good grasp of the legislation others dont and will pass any old piece of crap. Of course the ones that are doing there job properly ( the ones that are paid by taxpayers to do so) are termed assholes..... while the ones who dont do there job correctly and take tax payers money to gloss over the facts to your advantage are never chastised.. Its a funny old world..
    P.S there are good cops and there are bad cops there are good people and there are bad people there are good sea capts and there are bad sea capts, thats the way of the world, I just happen to be a good cop that builds proper hot rods. Above all Im a human being doing waht I do to pay a mortgage, maintain a standard of living and enjoy a hobby.. like the guys that love to hate cops, I have to say I love to hate assholes, be they hot rodders, cops, drug dealers crack heads or sea captains.

30. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

You are also a cop who is full of shit like the barber's cat. You know nothing of Wi. and our 305 , which the DMV and State Patrol don't even agree on. Why you would want to comment on laws in another country is beyond me. Especially when you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. You sound like an egotistical, self-centered Scottish Barney Phyfe. I just thank God you're in Scotland and not in Wisconsin. Being " America's Dairyland" we already have enough bullshit here w/o you adding to it....Ole pork