Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Deuce Of Spades" - The Next American Graffiti?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

I'll keep it in mind.. Might owner be willing to donate the location (aka: let me film there at no charge) ?

2. Do you think printing plates and tags on paper and gluing them to cardstock would work?

ACME License Maker example:

Thanks,
    Kurt

Attached Files:

3. Oh man that site rules! I went to the Church sign link and am hooked......To bad they don't have a 1955 plate as that is exactly the kind of thing we used to do back in pre computer thingy days. I think the ones we used were screen printed. Actually I bet you could scan an original 1951 plate with a 55 tag and photoshop different numbers, you would just need them on the foreground cars....

4. Not the next American Graffiti, the next Rumblefish.

5. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Rumblefish and Purple Rain. Two classic pieces of trash!!!!!:D Sorry Phil.
    Hey, Hiboy I could probably wip up some prop licence plates. -stick

6. Don't apologize to me, stick. I'm glad you have an appreciation for the Classics. I didn't say it was going to be the next Cobra, starring Sly.

7. The Neophyte

The Neophyte
    from AZ

Sounds kinda cheesy if ya ask me. A little too Betty Boop, James Dean, poodle skirt, soc hop kinda shit. Tone down the image stuff and work on a good story first. Ya can add as many cool cars as ya want but it ain't gonna make a movie. I'm sure there are a lot of good artists here that could help you out with your graphics too. Just because its "no" budget it doesn't have to look that way. Good luck on the film.

8. Abomination

Abomination

I used to run into those folks when I worked for AT&T. I don't know how many people I convinced to buy a $10 Radio Shack phone, and if it broke, to buy another....

Me, I'm a collector and restorer. I have old phones (yes, PLURAL) in about every room. You should hear it ring!

~Jason

9. Abomination

Abomination

The pic of the phone I posted, the 302, while originally a metal bodied phone when introduced in '37, was offered in plastic starting in '41 to save metal for the war effort. This phone was exclusively used until about 1949, when the 500 sets came out. For a few years, the phone companies couldn't keep up with demand for the new 500 sets, so they rebodied the 302 sets with look-alike 500 shells (the 5302). People never knew the difference. :)

Now, most folks didn't just automatically get a new phone unless they absolutely needed one. The 302 sets were commonplace until the 60s, as not everyone just up and paid the extra for the 500 set. If you stayed with your old phone, you paid the lower monthly lease payment. Folks with new service sometimes didn't even get a 500, they were stuck with whatever the installer brought in the van - kind of like how today you get pretty much whatever cable modem the installer has in the van when he comes out to set up service.

So it's a crap shoot between the 500 and the 302, but I'd stick with the 302. Lucy and Ricky had one. :)

[​IMG]

10. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

So I should use this one (and change numbers) with a 55 tag?

[​IMG]

Does anyone have a 55 tag they could take a good close up in focus shot of for me and email it so I can photoshop away? :D

11. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

YOU'RE ON :D I;ve got a lot on my plate right now so that would be great if you are willing /able to make them...

12. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

My darling,

you are passing a harsh judgement on the film and you have not even read the script? You have no idea how strong the story is... And by the way there is not a single poodle skirt in that movie. No Bettie Boops either. You are so way off it's kinda funny.

PS: Mean people suck.

13. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Kurt, you rock :D. Positive, supportive people RULE! I may be able to use the location for the second portion of the night scene... But I don't think it will work for the day scene... I plan to drive out there to check it out in person soon (maybe sunday)... Thank you so much for taking the time to snap the photos! I am grateful.

14. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

You may have mentioned this, I'm not sure, are you going to speedweek at Bonneville?

15. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

NOTE

It's interesting and enlightening to see how forums clearly put people's spirits in the light. Because a post is so anonymous, people feel they can just "be themselves" and just say anything that goes through their mind in all impunity.

And so you see who they really are so very clearly.

On one hand, the positive, supportive people, the ones that offer help, suggestions, participate. I wish there were more of you in this world.

On the other, the negative, critical people who only know how to tear down others. Of course we do not see these people accomplish much of anything. They are too busy trying to tear down the things others are trying to accomplish.

Rightly so someone once said: It is easier to pull down others than to elevate oneself.

Whether the movie turns out great, or OK or even barely fair, we will have to wait and see. The important thing is I am out there doing it. The question then becomes, for those people who are so inclined to spit on the parade, how many hotrods movie have YOU done lately? And how good did they turn out?

PS: You are entitled to your opinions, but common courtesy dictates that if you have nothing good to say about anything, then perhaps you should say nothing at all and just go your merry way... It's not like we really need to hear your opinions or they matter. If you do not like the movie then simply don't watch it. See? It's so very very Simple...

16. I will shoot some pics of my plates (51 with a 52 tag) you will need to photo shop the 55 tag but it will give you something to play with. Please change the number though! PM me wiht your e-mail and I'll get the pics sent your way.

17. I certainly wish you well on your project. But a thin skin will work against you on the HAMB, in the film world and, I think, in life in general. We tease each other on here. Don't let it get ya down. Have faith in your vision and keep on keepin' on. But you're sort of leading with your chin in that last post. Good luck, Faith.

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Your pomposity is repellant, HiboyGirl, I don't think anyone should ever refer to their own work as "wonderful."

HiboyGirl likes this.
  19. Oh, I dunno, Nads. MY work is wonderful in that's a wonder that I ever get anything done.

But you sure have a way with words, and I happen to agree with your statement.

20. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Pomposity- is that when a rockabilly is having a really good hair day?

21. Speaking of pomposity, Jim, when is the Open House going to be?? I have a big ol' puddle of tranny fluid for your parking lot.

22. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

You'll be well informed.

23. Hell, I already am well informed. So much so that I don't even have to listen to talk radio.

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Damn, good one!

25. Steve

Steve

yeah let me know too so I can make sure to have a pomposity day that day.

26. plan9

plan9

hiboy - im in the vfx business. i can help remove any unwanted stuff from a shot, (within reason). hit me up if you have any questions.

27. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

It's a 50/50. Bonneville is not actually n the script but if I do , I'll incorporate it. All my SCTA friends are going...

28. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

:D that's great! Thanks for offering your help, I will IM you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.