Register now to get rid of these ads!

What I'm doin'....prompted by Petejoe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dickster27, Jul 14, 2007.

1. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Ok guys, I just quietly do my own thing here in my shop without a soul to yak with all day until my sweet wife of 40 years comes home or until the cell rattles. Anyway, Petejoe has given me an extremely kind accolade for my work but iwhat I do is just therapy for me. He also ask me to show my fellow HAMBER's what I am doin. Soooooo.................here is the current ride I am working on and the new induction system I build for it just because I got tired of hearing folks tell me you CAN'T put 4 in a row on a smallblock, well, here is the living prove it can be done.Also am including pics ( ok Rick, I'm finally doin it) of my current barn find, so to speak. I also am including a shot of the induction system on the "ARACNID ROD", which by the way could be bought as it is a 2 year old fresh ride that has not been on the street as yet. So, hoping this junk of mine will acquire a few comments.
    the Dickster

Attached Files:

2. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

More of the 4x2 setup for the '34 and the 6 deuce on the '29. These pix also shows some of the new ribbed products I now have availabe besides the oil fill and the fuel filter.

Attached Files:

3. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Havin trouble getting a couple fo these shots to resize. Here we go for another try. Well crap, I'm having trouble with the fuel log, and air cleaner pix, although if you double click on the ones I have you will get an idea of what there is.

4. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

That 4 carb setup is NICE! 4 twos on adapters to a twin 4 barrell low rise intake huh? Did you make the adapters or are they bought? I once had the thought cross my mind only I was gonna do it on a tunnel ram with the adapters speedway now sells and 4 Holley 94 Ford Script carbs, but I recently sold the 94's so the idea is toast for now.

5. 31whitey

31whitey

Wow...I can relate man, pretty much just quietly work on my projects also. Every once in a while a slack jawed old friend will show up. Its the way I like it. Nice work man, great cars, sweet parts, and a clean garage...I like your style

6. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Your idea is good in theory but what you were planing on using wouldn't work.

7. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Thanks for sharing, you have some real nice junk there.

8. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I bought one of Dicks finished products about a month ago. I just can't make myself put it on the motor I had it made for. It's just too much a work of art, so it sits on the shelf in the computer room where I can admire it when I'm on the computer. Pretty sick I know, but I just can't help myself.

9. wvenfield

wvenfield

Way cool. I'm still pleased to be able to get one carb worked real well and two working. LOL

10. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Good thing I didn't try it then, would have been dissapointed, thanks for letting me know it won't work! I just decided to go single 4 after selling my other carbs anyhow.

11. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

"No guts, no glory". If you want multiple carbs go for it. There are to many out there that will tell you just that as they are running them with great success.

12. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Holy fish paste Batman! Are you a plumber? Cool set up!

13. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Thanks, just like non "cookie cutter" and non mainstream things. You gotta really rack your gray matter to do something different these days.

14. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

And that's what makes it so cool, thinking outta the box.

15. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I bought a set-up from dickster (through levisclassic), man does it get attention. You are talented, big time.....

16. wow! super cool setup dude. what are the "screws" or auger for in the backround for? look like they fit some kind of extruder?

17. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Hey Dick...yeah your right...it's pretty much junk!!!:p:D I'll come over and take it off your hands before it starts rusting all over the garage floor and Linda kicks 'ya outta the house!!!:eek::D:D

18. malibu283

malibu283

19. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Come on man, don't give her any idea as she has enough of her own.

20. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I guess I don't see what you are lookin at???????? which pic you referring too?

21. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I've seen the work of Dickster for several years now. He's always up to something wacky. This is a reeeeeally small taste of what he does. There's nothing else out there like it. Sure they are beautiful, but more importantly, all of his setups actually work well. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else. I am, however, surprised that your hot rods show up on film or in sunlight. I was starting to think we were only allowed to see them at your house! I like the new coupe! I still think you need to show of the arachnid rod more though. There are some really neat details on that car.

22. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I've got a "Cool Dual" setup from the Dickster that will soon be going on the Lander. The powder coater had the intake for 2 months, but it's finally back home. It's perfect for the Lander,and i'll post some pics when I get her mounted up. Dick is THE go to guy for cool induction systems.

Doc.

23. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Gosh, if I wasn't so bashful I would say you guys are imbarrassing me. Actually, I really appreciate the compliments.
    the Dickster

24. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Well well well!
    I have Known Dick and seen his work well before the Hamb.
    Dick was a hotrodder well before we decided to stand up and pee.
    I love the in line setup Dick. I just wish I had the time and talent that you have. Meticulous. We are very lucky to have an old school hotrodder in our midst.
    Now that the word is out.... I'll never be able get you to build me another intake setup.:)
    The 34 is really clean. My dreamcar...
    Show some pics of the Arachnid Dick. I'd like to see the wild stuff you did to it.
    Thanks for finally posting buddy and thanks again for your help on my cutout issues. Rick