Register now to get rid of these ads!

UPDATEon my BEATER '51 chevy....a lil SNEAK PEEK...(now with more pics!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam F., Jul 13, 2007.

1. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

yeah,,,,its been while since i did some updates as my computer took a nice shit a couple weeks back,,,but here it is.....now,,,nEEds some GLASS.......and ......some other things,,,

ROLLING

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eric

eric

dude, now you have "2" FIRME rides!!!:eek:

3. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks homie :D......along with thechop i shaved the door handles,one pieced the hood filled the emblems and trunk too(except the trunk key)

4. Did you have previous updates on the chop and such?

5. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

6. Big Shane

Big Shane
    from Pearl, MS

I really like this...the narrow whitewalls really gives it a different (in a good way) look. The chop looks great too, not too much, really good proportions in my opinion.

7. eric

eric

Buttreynolds when are we going to see an outside profile shot???

8. Man, I missed all those posts! Very cool, now come chop mine

9. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

tommorow...:D

Tman,,i am retired from chopping tops....unless JIMMY SHINE wants me to go work for him at $85.00 an hour! hahahahaa :D

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Very nice! Good job!

11. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Man that looks good, great job

12. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

some MORE pics for YOU!,,well,,just because, you're SWELL.....and you SMELL GOOD TOO!,,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is that a church parking lot????looks good BTW

14. customcory

customcory

Hey Sam F., Really have enjoyed the progress on your Chevy. I got a 51 that I am getting ready to chop, and I like the profile yours has. When you get ready to cut the windshield , keep us posted. I would like to find somebody that cuts windshields on our end of the country. If you do it yourself, that be fun to watch too.:D

15. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks, i'm not sure which route i will be going on the windshield yet,,but i should know by monday...there is a local glass shop that used to cut down windshields,,so i need to check to see if he will still do it,,,otherwise i was thinking of doing the sandblast method....

16. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

yeah,,,it was the closest parking lot to my house since i didnt want to go to far without a windshield,,,you shulda seen the priest running towards me with a bible in one hand and a cross in the other,,i had to haul ass outta there! i guess the car looked EVIL to him,,hahahahaa :D

17. The Neophyte

The Neophyte
    from AZ

Beater? I wish I had a "beater" that looked that nice.

18. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i guess you guys dont like my car....*SNIFF SNIFF* ,,not trippin,,,just figured i'd have a lil more response as i've been slavin over this thing for the past two months,,,hahhaa,,i guess it was the semi gloss black and thin white walls,,hhahaha,,oh well ,it looks pretty cool in my garage,,,:D

19. eric

eric

holy crap dude, that chop looks nice!!! what other plans you have for it?? also like that DOG TOWN & THRASHER sticker!!!!:cool: skate or die! por vida!!:D

20. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

just planning on getting the glass back in,,get the belt molding on and rubbing out the paint for a lil more shine(but not too much) and then bagging it this winter,,,,:D SKATE OR DIE!

21. luckystiff

luckystiff

well if it makes your head swell sam i've been wanting a chevy since you threw this one up the first time. the more i see this one the more i want another. so bad in fact i listed the single cab on a coupla sites the other day. i missed out on a great deal on a 46 fleetmaster last week. that shit was gonna go straight BOMBA. oh well. guess i'll keep digging for me a chevy round here. you find a deal your way yell...ken....

22. That chop is pure perfection...gotta say I liked the blue and WWs better, but I'm sure you're sick of people telling you they liked the old paint scheme :D

Bryan

23. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I was wondering myself what the trim rings would look like with my 5:20's..Thanks for helping me out!...lolol

I really dig the final results holmes!!

24. davo461

davo461

That is the best profile I've seen for a looooong time!

25. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Yeah, I like it, especially the narrow ww, and the semi-gloss black. I was trying to decide if I should keep my spear trims, and decided they'll look pretty good. I'm beginning to like semi-gloss more all the time. Nice "beater". Keep it up....Ole Pork

26. v8minor

v8minor

Very very nice what you take out of the roof looks likes around 4 inches ,Are you running the 235?
    I chopped mine 4 inches all round . Used to be a 4 door . Only thing over here in Northern Ireland ye just cant get glass without paying big bucks for importing ,So I am making it flat glass in front looks Ok. No one here will know the difference.
    [​IMG]

27. that thing is looking GOOOOOD! I remember what a pile it was when you first started on it!

28. JAWS

JAWS

Great! even more inspiration to hack mine apart. I hope it turns out half as good as yours did. Both of them.

29. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

4" in the front and 4 3/4"in the rear, yup, running the 235,

man,,ive been watching your updates, awesome job,,,the flat windshield will look very cool!(like a shoebox ford,right?)

30. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Damn, that chop looks good.