Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hootenany 2007

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by creepyjackalope, May 10, 2007.

1. LuckyBastardMiguel

LuckyBastardMiguel

That's why I dont go either nothing but little fucking kids just fighting they should change the name to FIGHTNANY.

2. Ha! I'm on my way to Huntington Beach in a half hour. IN MY OLDS!! What time do you stop for lunch? If your butter's too cold next Sat, I'll warm it up under my arm for you. Besides you need to man up and order WHEAT toast. It doesn't tear so easily.

3. Brewton

Brewton

Heat, beer, and high testosterone = idiots ruining a good thing. I hope they don't find their way to the Roundup! This kind of shit will ruin a good time for sure!

4. I think you should switch to decaf...too much butter and caffeine "angry's up the blood". Next thing ya know you're yelling at chubby, skanky models for sitting on your car.:cool:

5. John Denich

John Denich

Ya thats right you were at that show with us!!!! if it was not for you I would still be lost in Santa Ana.....see we had breakfast that morning thats why I was angry!!! blame the butter:D:D

6. plan9

plan9

i spent all of my teenage yrs going to punk shows during the early 90s... drunken fights and acting like an idiot was normal, Hootenany is an all ages show, it doesnt suprise me. ill bet an even share of blame can be put on OC white trash.... those fuckwits are the worse, they have more to prove than the mexican kid with a pomp. either way, its fucked up.

7. OLLIN

OLLIN

Nah....Ill just stick to "Pooh-nanny".

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

The Hootenanny, VLV, Blessing of the cars, etc,etc is the reason i created "RHYTHM BOUND" ..... An event that debuted last year, where REAL music lovers and REAL car lovers gather. Yep, You heard that right...I said VLV. More on that situation soon to come.

Chili Phil. These trouble makers are all over So-Cal and are nothing more than jacket clubs (usually around 20 members) who have one old car.
    They are predominately (but not limited to) being hispanic and i find that some are from the barrios and the gangs that infest in area's like that. I'm all for someone genuinly getting in to the 50's culture. problem is, many of these guys bring that gang mentality with them.

9. Don't blame it on the cholesterol, man...nobody forced the french toast on you. You knew exactly what you were doing.

10. So did anyone actually go and take some pix?

11. kopis

kopis

No pictures here, but I heard that not that many cars went. Either they did not wanna deal with all that madness or they got rejected at the door for trying to bring in beer. Who knows.

12. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

We went, had the time of our lives, and did not see any fights or even attitude for that matter? Keeping a smile on your face and being polite seems to work as it always has. We met David and Greg who are Hambers and all around very nice guys. The only thing we were dissapointed about was the small amount of cars. Maybe 50? But we got to see Supersuckers front and center, Throwrag, Roger Miret, Nekromantix and Social Distortion. The sound system was great and everyone put on an amazing show. Yes you could see all these bands in a better place but all at once is hard to top!

I have a few pics and will post them when I can. We appreciated all the advice.

13. ryno

ryno

glad to hear that you made it and had a good time.

14. I made it out too. Not alot of cars, maybe 30 or 40 tops with two of them being 60's muscle not custom. The bands were decent, the crowd was not combative, but all in all I more than likely will not return. Talked to a friend of the organizers afterwards, he said the reason for the poor car attendance was that they turned away most clubs because of last years fights and mostly only let in lone wolves.

15. Crankhole

Crankhole

Never been...never will. I'm getting to old for this kind of shit.

16. Wow, that's crazy to hear. Godd to see they are trying to make a difference.

17. photofink

photofink

Never been to VLV, but man Ryhthm Bound was GREAT! I just wish more cars would have showed up, but with all the great bands and diversity of music there I didnt have a lot of time to keep checking the parking lot. Cant wait till next one... I went while sick and didnt get to fully enjoy the last one.

18. Bryan

Bryan

"Talked to a friend of the organizers afterwards, he said the reason for the poor car attendance was that they turned away most clubs because of last years fights and mostly only let in lone wolves"

now thats fucking ridiculous......it's not "CAR" Clubs that are the problem. It's the "clubs" "crews" "Gangs" whatever you want to call them that have a high percentage of members to low percentage of cars. 12 guys packed into a primered mid sixties more-door with skull door lock knobs, and every COOP sticker in existence. The ones who stayed up late the night before, getting psyched up by watching "Douches Wild" and "The Outsiders", getting the cuffs dialed in to regulation height. Prepping their cans of Murrays, sharpening their switchblade combs.

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

20 people in one car, isn't that kinda the normal ratio for M******s?
    Anything else is considered roomy.

20. rendog

rendog

yeah me and the lady went. we were down there for a week and it was the end of a stellar time in Cali.

Just getting in was a major pain in the ass. the chain on my wallet was too long, I had opened water in my shoulder bag, yadda yadda yadda. Yeah the cars were a bit of a let down, not really that many there. listened to some great music and got one helluva bad burn on my back even with the spf 9,000,000. bought a bunch of stuff, and generally had a good enough time there. probably going to head back there depending on who's playing.

Planning on heading to Viva Las Vegas next year in April though. hoping to be able to drive down in the new project

21. frankenford

frankenford

man barely anybody has anything good to say about the show. Man thats sad. Hopefully it gets turned around and not shut down.

22. FastJaggersSC

FastJaggersSC

rockabilly/"rat rods" are trendy right now. let it all pass and it will be tollerable again....in a couple years.

23. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Nads you must have shit for brains to say something like that. Make sure you ingage you brain before you open your pie hole.

24. kid berzerker

kid berzerker

fuck the "scene"!!! i think i'll stay in my garage.....if it's not at a dragstrip or a dry lake i don't want to go!!! I can spin those old records all night at home...i don't give a shit about seeing a band. Even if there aren't any fights there is always a certain "tough guy tension" in the air at these types of car shows. I'll save the $200 it would cost me to go to a show or to get a tattoo and instead spend it on a part or on some old magazines.

i love those video clips....400 punches thrown and only 5-10 actually connect face!!! these little cholo-billy's aren't workin' hard enough!!

25. mackster

mackster

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's spelled engage, and yes I do have shit for brains, ask Julio Hernandez.

27. What's wrong with 20 midgets in a car?

28. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Now that is funny. See Richard engaged his brain before he opened his mouth. Nad thanks for the spell check, some people just don't get it.

29. kid berzerker

kid berzerker

are the shifters ditchin' the strip? stay tuned!! p.s. axle, do something at Famoso so i don't have to drive anywhere.

Dammit!!! you mean i shouldn't start my club, "the lost ones" from boyle heights? And i just had all these jackets made!!!!

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City