Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hard Shine ( merged)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Jul 3, 2007.

1. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

WOW... That was surprisingly harder to watch than "American Hot Rod". I'm going to bed now. I don't deal with extreme disappointment very well...

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I dont think she ever got over loosing the fingernails :(

3. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Its only a little after 8:00 Pacific Time. To avoid the spoilers I have to avoid this thread for about three more hours...

4. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

I thought it was pretty good for mainstream tv. You know they are going to throw in some drama to attract people who aren't hardcore gearheads like us. You have to admit though, it is still as close as any program has come yet to showing real hotrods, beats the hell out of a Boydster anyway.

5. LuckyGal

LuckyGal
    from Saginaw

:D HeeHee!:D
    A shop/garage is NO place for Fingernails!

6. Overall...I still like the show. Dumbass little details...sure. Littleman is worth watching it. I've worked in two different shops,and it was just like that. A primodonna,a whiner,a "know-it-all",and a flake. I'll watch cause I like what they are building also. Beats many other attempts at a hotrod show. Rock on Littleman!!!

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yes!!!!! that would be perfect!

8. showing real hot rods? i only saw the coupe for maybe 5 minutes out of the hour and the black and white footage was cool but seemed like a nice so cal speed shop plug to show

9. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

that $30,000 paintjob include the purchase price of the body?

10. tinmann

tinmann

To all you neigh-sayers, I say give the show a chance. At least they're building a car that has style. I think the show is going to find itself and make most of us happy.

11. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

bring back Speed Racer & The Wacky Racers ......... please :cool:

12. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Ya know....it was. Even though we don't get along that well, I felt kinda bad for Jimmy. He's even more amazingly douche like on TV.

Viva El Dave. Sucks he had to spend an edited hour drivign around Pomona though haha.

13. LuckyGal

LuckyGal
    from Saginaw

I know - it's nice to see a good build - but keep the drama out - especially with the girls - those of us who actually know how to get around a garage are getting sick of seeing girls look dumb in a garage.

14. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

OK, so they are doing finish work on a $$$ hot rod. I watched the whole show and don't know anymore about finish work on a $$$ hot rod than at the begining.....not really the "learning" channel any more.

15. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

better than anything else on tv right now. i enjoyed it.

16. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

I had high hopes. The first show was the worst! However, I will tune in again to see how Littleman and the ex-gang banger do. We know Dave's work and the other guy shows potential.

Honestly, who the hell selected the others? I understand the premise of taking "rookies" and making them into something. Quite a wide swing of the talent pendulum, don't ya think?

I respect Shine and especially Pete, but this show doesn't do SoCal justice. Why can't those jackass producers get it right? "Rides" was the only show that I considered worth my time.

17. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

I'm glad someone cought that,.....30G's for THAT paint job!

who painted it ???

I'll bet the car cost's over a 100G's:eek:

18. INXS

INXS

I wanna see the show where Jimmy Shine is the rookie who has to climb Mount Everest with a bunch of Prima Donna Mountain climber experts:D

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well folks,....... it was the first show, let's give it some time, I personally enjoyed most of it, but it did get a lot better when Dave got there....... as far as the starter spacer for the nailhead,... if this is a 6 figure car, all the parts should be a "10" not a "2". (IMHO),...
    Were all proud of you Dave !

20. after all my negative talking about it ill most likely still find myself watching it so i should probably just realize what it is and wait to see what happens

21. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

great work to LittleMan!!! GoGo!!!

22. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I had to turn it but I'm still wondering about the $30K paint job. If he paid that for that paint job he got fucked...plain and simple. Now, where's that Krylon can?:D

23. Tin Can

Tin Can

I thought the show was cool. A little drama but at least it is better than American Hotrod. They are at least building our kind of cars

24. From what I saw, the job is Littleman's to take...

... but will he pick up & move to Cali?

Congrats Dave.

JH

25. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

i got to agree on that one, if i was the customer i would be pissed. just cause you cant see it doesnt mean it doesnt deserve to be perfect.

26. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

A disappointment for sure. Why give such an opportunity to such an undeserving bunch of... I'll just leave it at that. Do I think I'm more deserving? Yes and no. I know I would be smart enough to not hang outside smokin when I should be inside helping or learning or at least pretending to be helping or learning. What a shame. It really bugs me that the majority of the people on this forum could have taken the opportunity and made the most of it.

Nails??? No power tools?!!! Do that for me!!!???? Jesus frickin Christ!!! What a waste of space!!!!

Littleman will be the only reason I watch the show again. Both of the cars I have seen that he has built are perfect and I have the utmost respect for the talent he has.

27. 31modelo

31modelo

Thank God Dave is a little guy cause Shine needs all the room he can get for that head. This show is about guys trying to make it in the business or how great shine is?

28. Gotta be almost impossible to please everyone, in TV land. Does look like a direct competitor to a few other gearhead reality shows. Gotta say, that I visited the shop, while in LA last year, and was kinda druelling over the projects. Everyone was nice to me and my buddy, as the parts guy gave us the nickel tour. Was actually dreamin' of working there for awhile. :D

Proud to see a fellow Clevelander on the big screen. Allot of talented "Joe Lunchbuckets" working in whats left of the tool and die shops. Truly believe our ethnic heritage had a big influence on the old-world- craftsmanship-work-ethic. Could use a whole shit load of it down here. Never met so many lazy people.
    Go get em' Littleman, make the Slick Devils and Cleveland stand up and cheer. :cool:
    JT

29. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Well...it isn't so bad.
    Jesse James does a better BAD ASS act but what do you expect...its in his genes...somewhere! :D

I think the show gonna be OK...and I expect it will improve as the "rookies" get the feel of the shop and those unnerving cameras.

Littleman took it on the chin over that holesaw VS bandsaw baloney...but his way is totally viable and it really comes down to personal choice AND more importantly the tools your used to working with.

I wonder how "his Shinyness" would approach working in Littlemans shop. He'd have a learning curve to contend with as well I'm sure.
    Compared to what he's used to now it might be called minimalism...;)...and thats a tough beast to master.

30. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

little man was a little late, my money is on Ritchie, for a gang banger that was some nice welding and fab work he did and so far out of all of them he's done the most