Register now to get rid of these ads!

rear air bags going up to fast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hombres ruin, Jul 7, 2007.

1. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i just bagged the 50 shoebox front and back,the back goes up way too fast can i put some sort of slow down valve to help this.i run i viair compressor and a 5 gallon tank,any help would be great:cool:

2. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Speed of the bags all depends on how much air is being put in the bag i.e. line size. What size air lines do you have? Make them smaller.

3. DropIt

DropIt

4. screwtheman

screwtheman

You are running shocks, right? :D

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

here's the no-buck answer, install some restrictors! on my car, i'm running 3/8 valves with 1/2 hose, waaay too damn fast for my taste. what i did was unscrew the PTC fitting from the fill valve and made some restrictors from aluminum round stock with a tiny hole drilled in them to restrict flow. they just slip into the i.d. of the fitting, a little loctite locks them in place. i use adjustable flow control valves on the down side of things.

6. Brickster

Brickster

What pressure are you running? Do you have shocks? Is the car complete; fuel tank, bumpers, glass. What diameter air lines do you have? How are you controlling the air; solenoids, manual valves, ball valves, schrader valves?

We need more info for better answers.

7. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I was running 1/2" ports on the back of my 49 truck....it would fill so fast it would get the back tires off the floor a half inch or so...(that and rattle the teeth out of your head) I took the fittings out and silver soldered them shut...then took a small drill bit and opened the hole up a few sizes at a time until I had a happy medium of fill rate....best of all, it didnt cost squat.

8. buick 58

buick 58

your local parkers store will have some slow down valves you can buy

9. Glen

Glen

an ace hardware ball valve will let you turn the rate up or down very easily.