Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you guys recommend for color?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by texrodder, Jul 8, 2007.

1. texrodder

texrodder
    from dfw,texas

This is my old shop truck,out of mothballs,starting bodywork and paint soon what is recommended color(s),and keep trim or shave it all,I like both ways.Thinking of suede black and painting the rallys red,but that has been done to death so let me know your opinions.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. BinderRod

BinderRod

I think a glossy shade of pink would look fantastic. You could do the interior in pink velvet.

3. texrodder

texrodder
    from dfw,texas

Cant do that I live in Texas ,I would be banned to Missouri for even thinking such a thing.

4. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

pearl white w/ a hint of blue & maybe some ghost flames and blue & white interior.

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

From the belt line up, limegreen metalflake. Below the beltline, satin green. Chrome reverse wheels with spider caps and whitewall tires. Gold leaf lettering with black outline and drop shadow of shop name.

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

This guy might be onto something. I like his ideas.

7. Dang, that trumps my idea. I like it!!

8. texrodder

texrodder
    from dfw,texas

Keepum coming Im liking this,now I dont have to dig through 20 years of car mags.thanks

9. The green seems to work on those trucks..How bout some green and some pink? Actually, the pink in this photo is really silver with pearl. The 63 Merc grille ain't too bad either.

Attached Files:

10. devinshaw

devinshaw

I like the suede metallic green idea, Then do the roof and all the bumpers, grill, and other bits Silver flake, or just anything but flat black and red wheels.

11. Zumo

Zumo

Any color in a metal flake with white interior.

12. GREEN is this years color , so don't paint it green . Get hip to next years color! Or go with a classic non metalic monotone suede. "maintain" AJ

13. belair

belair

silver flake above, black on the bottom.

14. Rallys huh... how about that new Chevy cobalt blue they are painting the Monte Carlos, but leave off the clear coat, then paint the wheels red.

15. texrodder

texrodder
    from dfw,texas

I think I have some good ideas for my 39 dodge coupe too.Current color with matte clear sounds cool.!

16. slammed

slammed

Gold w/med 'flake. Crome wheel's, med. white's. Tuck and rool by Fat Lucky's.........

17. Here's a concept I did for a guy. It's a modified f250 but it kinda has some of the same ideas already suggested. Flat apple green, black steelies with center bullets, chrome lugs, and rings. Shaved trim / emblems but kept the handles and locks.

Oh and he decided to do the flat black / red wheels...

Attached Files:

18. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Depends on whether you are going to drive it on the road. If so, don't use any flake, as you can't fix the chips.

I'd go with single-stage olive drab with a hint of blue in it, and a brown leather interior.

Running lights on the roof (3 in the center, 1 on each end), a big spotlight on the drivers side, and a electric crane on the right front of the bed to lift stuff.

Get some nice chrome reverse wheels with baby moon hubcaps, and put some knobby blackwalls on them.

Girls truck or mans truck--you decide :)

19. texrodder

texrodder
    from dfw,texas

Thanks for all the advice ,now Ive got some direction.

20. Swifster

Swifster

Don't worry, there are state laws in Missouri banning people from Texas. I lived outside St. Louis for a year, so I know. Something about not allowing cow tipping or something like that :eek: :D .

I think you should paint it Panther Pink. If it's good enough for a Hemi Chellenger, it should be acceptable for a low rent pick up.

[​IMG]

Seriously, anything other than flat black. That has become so passe. Paint it a color you like and stop worrying about the latest trend or fad. Start with the interior color as it's easier to match the exterior to the interior than the other way around. The color pallet for vinyl, leather or cloth is far more limited. Have fun and pick what you like.

21. There was a guy on here that posted a pic of his truck last week in a seude green/kiwi colour, looked really good.
    What about seude darkish red with a burgundy flake roof, black rims and chrome nuts.........on its guts.