Register now to get rid of these ads!

newbie low shoebox pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RanceR, Jul 5, 2007.

1. RanceR

RanceR

new to the h.a.m.b. just wanted to post some pics of my project. i'm only 5'3, so that should tell you how low it actually is,

[​IMG]MG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. erock805

erock805

Sweet man...I like it...good on gas too!

3. Memph

Memph
    from Washington

that looks greaaaat.

4. ian

ian

The two-link with the panhard is a nice looking setup. Simple yet effective. The notches themselves are neat as well. You got a nice project going. Make sure to keep us updated.

5. Slide

Slide

Interesting placement of the bags. I can see how it would give you a lot more travel for the rear, but do you have to put heavier-duty bags on to compensate for the additional leverage? (I'm a bag-idiot, so I'm only assuming bags come in different duty ratings.)

I'll look forward to seeing the car at an event or two...

6. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Nice!!! I'm one of those guys that likes cars literally on the ground. Cant wait to see it come along. Keep us posted with pics!!!

7. BadLuck

BadLuck

Cool project.....like the bag set-up...keep us posted on progress.....

8. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

I'm no mechanical genius, but I would push those bags back some cause you are going to rip that mount right off of the frame. There is too much leverage. Especially towards the center of the car like that. Looks killer though!! I want one of those cars BAD! Got to get the A done first...

9. Wild_47

Wild_47

Nice project. I like the bag setup as well. keep us updated.

PS next time would mind displaying the images verticle. just makes it easier for lazy bums like me.

10. damnfingers

damnfingers

So that's how you 'bag' a car...first time I've paid attention. Nice work.

11. RanceR

RanceR

thanks guys i appriciate compliments, keeps me motivated, i'll definetly keep everyone posted and put up some more pics, spent my 4th workin on it, got the shocks and shock crossmember all done now and the upperbag brackets gusseted up the rest of the way some i'm pretty close to starting to build the floor. i'm shooting for the goodguys lonestar show in october so well see what happens. and for the one guy bags come in wait ratings. those r 2500's and mounted as a lever they will be fine. i've ran the two link set up a few times and seem to enjoy the ride better than the four and much simpler. thanks guys

...keep em low, drive em hard!!!!!

12. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly