Register now to get rid of these ads!

How cool are friends?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadpete, Jul 3, 2007.

1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Good hot rod buddy Kirk Hanning (the one who was stranded in Minnesota) Rules! Not only has his garage harbored the Beater for the past couple months but......I get a call today from him while I'm slavin' away for the Man.
    "Hey, I'm at Pontiac steel, need anything?"
    "Yep....3/4x3/4 square tube for some subrails."
    "Done."
    Last night, I went to be let down again by the Beater when he decided the '34 big truck chassis needs to be unloaded from the trailer. (We needed a distraction.)
    "Whacta gonna do with this 'Flattie?"
    "Want it? It's yours. We'll get it out eventually."
    Trailer empty (that was fun) he tells me I can also have the Y block sittin' outside. Complete engine and tranny combo out of a truck.
    Told ya.....friends rule. Hope everyone has good friends like I do.

Hey Kirk....if ya need a hand mounting the roadster body tomorrow, just yell. I'm game.

2. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I was once told that when you die IF you could count the number of true friends on one hand you would have been one lucky SOB.

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

If you're dead, how you gonna count? If you can do that you are a lucky SOB, or a zombie...

I can say I'd like to be that kind of friend but don't know many like that. I'd say the closest I've come is Chad Ritter.

4. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Ok I'll edit it for the english majors:

I was once told that on your death bed IF you could count the number of true friends on one hand you would have been one lucky SOB.

Better???

5. cody440

cody440

thats awsome that he helps you out like that.friends are cool... Automotive Stud is a jerk sometimes. but also a true friend.ha

6. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Stickylifter is a pretty great friend to have-

He leaves his pregnant wife at home to work on my stuff... :)

Attached Files:

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

If he'd have spent more time working on your car (and his) he probably wouldn't have a pregnant wife. Unless there is something the mailman needs to get off his chest...

And I think the 'death bed' was a critical part of the sentence. But then again, I took math, not english. I know all too well about counting on my fingers...

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

My Best friend Mark and I have been beating on old junk cars for like 35 years,...... And with Clyde for another 33 years.

9. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

If it wasn't for some of my friends My car would never had seen the light of day.....many hours we slaved over the car.....now I'm helping them (pay back).....lots of fun and and many good times to remember......stan

10. swimeasy

swimeasy

Almost every piece of high dollar equipment in my shop (and my shop is well equiped) was given to me by friends. Some day I will do the same thing for young rodder buddies!

11. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

?????? WOW !!!!!!! Seriously - Wow!

12. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I have friends but I use to have real good friends,then we all got older and turned into ass holes????

13. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Sounds familiar, but they tell me the only asshole is me:eek:

Actually my friends are gold. If I go to a swapmeet with them and mention what I'm looking for -- they always make a point to let me have it - you know so long as I see it first.:confused:

Plus if my buds are selling anything I want - it's mine !! Well so long as I'm the high bidder on Ebay:eek:

They also look out for me at the swap meets - when I'm debating about buying something they talk me out of it - then buy it themselves - that's one of my favorites!!!

14. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Shit, Man...having good friends is how things get DONE!

Like someone observed when DirtyT and I were building his Ford...and big chunks of the 'parts car' had to be wrangled into the bed of the truck to be hauled off to scrap..."Looks like that was quite a job...one guy to lift heavy objects, and another guy to take pictures of him struggling!". It wasn't obvious from the photos...but in addition to manning the camera, I was also drinking one of his beers!

Oh yeah...and we won't even TALK about the day THIS photo was taken...

:eek: :D

[​IMG]

15. Great friend for 22 years, Mr Victor Young............
    [​IMG]

16. tattfrog

tattfrog

Well if it wasn't for my friend's I wouldn't have my truck or half of my part's.Friend's are one of best thing's we can pick.

17. You can pick yer friends, and you can pick yer nose, but don't pick yer friend's nose!

What a great crowd! But seriously folks; a friend will help you move, a good friend will help you move a dead body.

Just another tip from yer UNCLEE!

18. old beet

old beet

My friends are all COOL! My kids are too!.......OLDBEET

19. I don't have any friends...:(:( (sniff, sniff)

OK seriously, I have a couple of great friends. One has hauled more than one project home for me and had to be threatened with physical violence before he'd take any money for the diesel he burned on the 800 mile round. Even then he would only take $50.00 He gets free upholstery repairs for life. :D

The other drove his own truck 20 hours round trip with me to get a motor for the Rambler.

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...send me $20 Mike and I'll be your friend...:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. With friend like you, who needs enemas? :D
    For $40 do I get a lap dance too? ;)

22. Friends are the best ....and some of the best friends are right here on the HAMB......good to hear Pete, your getting some good fortune coming your way!!

23. tred

tred

fast elvis sends me lap dance coupons in the mail...

now that's a friend!

24. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

A year and a half ago, the wife had a suprise 70 th birthday party for me with over 90 people there, some guys I've known since the 50's , all cool friends. To have friends you have to be one.

25. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i try real hard to be that guy. it rarely (but on occasion) gets returned to me though. true friends are hard to come by but worth more than their weight in gold when they do.