Register now to get rid of these ads!

Daily Driver Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KottonGin, Jun 29, 2007.

1. KottonGin

KottonGin

hey just wanted to know if there are people that drive their hot rods on a daily basis that have only windshields, rusty bodies, bomber seats, pretty much hardcore bare bones hot rods.

2. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

NO! we only build them to look at...didnt you hear?...

3. KottonGin

KottonGin

alright i may have sounded stupid, but i was talking with someone and they think that not that many people drive hot rods daily to work and such, and have new cars on the side to drive, while the hot rod sits in the garage. i know that everyone here builds to drive, i just wanted to show this person wrong.

4. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

my avatar is my daily driver

5. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

what do you do if its raining??

6. What is rain? drove my 60 Ranch Wagon (no AC) every day till I sold it. plan on driving my coupe every day once its done.

7. april may

april may

Drive FASTER! The NW needs more roadsters.

8. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

I did not build this car! But I do drive the piss out of it. I just got back from Oklahoma where it rained every stinkin day.

Dave

Attached Files:

9. Dooce

Dooce

Its still raining!!!

I think what the original poster wanted to know is who doesnt drive a non-hamb friendly car on a daily basis.

10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I drive mine every single day. Rain, shine whatever. I even drove through a tropical storm coming back from last years HAMB Drags..

[​IMG]

You gotta be carefull if you drive em...some dipshit might rearend you on teh way to work..
    [​IMG]

Oh well you fix em and drive em some more.

-Abone.

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have road in Abones sedan in the rain on many occassions.

if it rains,you do not melt.. you may get a little wet.. I know I got more wet in my unchopped sedan then I do in FlamedAbones but you will get a spray when you turn the tires..

12. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

I only used it once in Oklahoma but I use th' hell out of it in Phoenix! :D

13. I drive mine every day that its not raining out. My new Ford Ranger sets in the driveway all summer and doesn't get used. Don't believe in that rusty crusty shit, though!!!

Attached Files:

14. ratster

ratster

Jeff, do you get rear-ended in all of your cars??? i drive my roadster everyday.

15. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

I drive mine almost everyday. No stereo no air conditioning I just push the windshield out to the first notch and let the quick change sing to me. :D

Attached Files:

16. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

I just asked a similar question. I know the tried and true drive them til the wheels fall off. I just dont see how someone could have a sweet ride sitting in the garage all the time. I know H.A.M.B members are drivers..............

17. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

You better stop hanging around these guys, your starting to write like them! :D

18. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

I drive mine pretty much every day. Now that my station wagon is toast, the hot rod is my only running car!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Nice pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Swifster

Swifster

Fix your speedometer :D :p !

21. xadamx

xadamx

Mine is a daily driver, but my commute is only 6 miles round trip.

22. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I drive the little yellow coupe on the left just about every day to work. Its a driver, not a show car, and was built to be driven.

23. johnnykck

johnnykck

My Avatar is the car that I drive the most, and if I'm not driving that then I'm in my '54 chevy pick up.

24. The good old British weather don't stop us :D

[​IMG]

25. I bought an old pick-up from Diamond Daves dad,to drive back and forth to work while I work on my Merc. But it's been givin me trouble,so i'm back to drivin the Merc to work. It's only 11 miles though.[​IMG]

26. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I have three cars, a 97 Ford Expedition (shop truck) I or my guys only use to haul heavier stuff, a 1952 Ford Panel truck I use ocasionally to haul stuff and then there is my "hybrid" 25 miles a gallon home built hot rod, that I drive every day, I call the Boattail, come hell or high water. Lucky me it has not rained this year yet in SOCAL.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

27. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

Dreadman, any more pics of your car? Way cool!

28. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

That thing is way too KOOL

29. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

My avatar (28 A Roadster) is also a regular driver-probably gets used every other day except in the dead of winter or if I am out of town. And its a four banger and it has mechanical brakes and I drive in suburban Detroit traffic!!!!!

30. I drive my 46 chevy pickup every day. The batteries in my other cars have all gone dead becasue I don't drive 'em anymore.
    A/C? Nah, thats' why we have cowl vents and push-out windshields! Rainex instead of wipers too, although I will install a wiper motor before winter hits and yes, I'll drive it all winter too.

Attached Files: