Register now to get rid of these ads!

who knows airbags? help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jun 28, 2007.

1. I have these solenoids(?) and the "up" for the front is stuck. Can i fix this or does it need replaced?

[​IMG]

2. squirrel

squirrel

looks kind of like the kids' robot.

and it'll probably take a kid to figure it out.

Attached Files:

• bags.jpg
      bags.jpg
      File size:
      46.3 KB
      Views:
  3. hey i think you just stumped squirrel!

4. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

hey...you got nothin to lose...take it apart and see if you can fix it....when I installed the bags in my truck I had an exhaust valve get stuck open in mine....I popped the diaphram cover off and found a sliver of brass from the install that jammed itself in there....pulled it out and its been fine ever scince.

5. Sniper

Sniper

Do you have power to the coil? Is there a good ground from the coil? If the electrical is ok, find a way to release the pressure before undoing any thing. Or it's likely going to do the big crash to the ground. Take the nut off the top, slide the coil off, and remove the inching spool and inspect it for dirt, sliver of plastic from the lines or metal from the threads etc. Before reinstalling the spool, slide the coil back over the stem and activate that coil. You should be able to see the inner valve move in the spool, if not it's jambed, or the coil is bad. Good luck. :)

6. screwtheman

screwtheman

Mine once in a blue moon get stuck from sitting too long in the garage. Usually waiting until there's enough air pressure in the system gets them going for me.

7. sinwagon

sinwagon
    from Sacramento

I would get that stuff out of there and get some good quality valves in there. Hit me up if you have any questions. [email protected]

8. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

Try airtool oil in the air supply inlet first. Try cycling the coil to get the oil through the system. If that dos'nt work then go ahead and disassemble as per the prevous posts.

9. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

stuck open, or stuck closed? if stuck closed, check your ground & power. also pretty straight forward to disassemble the mechanics of it.

-scott noteboom

10. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

ive seen where moisture will stick a valve.
    make sure you have a moisture trap from your compressors to your tank
    itll keep the corrosion out of the tank, lines and valves
    oh yeah, get rid of those valves and get some SMC valves
    thats the only ones i ever use and have no problem
    Ryan

11. In the morning, when i raise the car, it keeps going up when i let off the switch. I fuck with it for a couple times, and it's good til the next morning. I think i found the trouble. A little corrosion on the needle/seat area. I cleaned it, but it needs to be replaced. Hopefully i can get through the weekend. I just got this thing. It's my 1st bagged car, and i'd like a weekend without drama before i dive into this thing

12. when i was doing commercial refer. systems we carried a tool made by fluke that would light up if coil was energized. thought that was pretty slick until the old boy i worked with pulled out a cracker jack sized compass and held it above a coil that was energized:fucker spun like crazy indicating a magnetic field, a energized coil!