Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage houses, post a pic of yours.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Roothawg, Nov 23, 2005.

1. ratt7

ratt7

That's the tops, Larry !

2. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

ladyshifters backyard=perfect

3. Dads56

Dads56

A couple of years ago we went looking for and found an MCM house in Indy... Have been "Un-updating" ever since. We're actually more into "Mod" then we are retro.... Just completed the garaga addition. YOHOO!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have a standard issue minibarn were converting to a tiki shack...
    [​IMG]

4. Show off all you want it's beautiful, but is it hard to keep warm in the winter. Rags

5. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Maybe you're referring specifically to someone's picture or comment, but if this is in reference to old houses in general, I've got to disagree. An old building, just like an old car, works only as well as it's maintained. The materials used in the past were just as good as today's, although sometimes they require upkeep and slight modification to keep abreast of modern standards. A home from 1890 with modern insulation, rebuilt windows, and decent upkeep is every bit as good as a home built in 1990, sometimes better. Plus you get style and character as part of the package.

-Dave

6. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

Okay - I'll post up...

Wanted a custom '50's ranch - found this one nearly 4 years ago. Have spent more on renovations than the cost of my 1st house, pool, patio, sound system, light system, tiki bar, etc.

This is a 1958 california ranch; neighborhood was developed by Jimmy Hoffa from an old apple orchard. I'll try to post up backyard pix later. Sorry for the late model car in the pic - my bad.[​IMG]

7. Heres what I hope to be my first house...we close on the 12th of July. We were originally told it was built in 45, but the tax card states 1870. Its been moved to its current location about 15 years ago. Its had a TON of work done to it already, and we're getting it for a steal.
    [​IMG]

8. duecevw

duecevw
    from oc calif

I want that back yard.... Very nice.

9. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

You know to appreciate it all you have to see the whole backyard and the house now! It is discerningly accurate with respect to a '50' s ranch house.

10. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Larry, I think your place brings out the Kid in all of us. The Hot Rodders dream room for adults. It's one cool place.

11. You talking about mine? actually the back yard drops off about 15 feet behind the house and covered in kudzu, I have plans if we do get the house to have that area terraced off(money!!)...behind us though is a cool Christmas tree farm

12. pacman

pacman

some of these houses are awesome, and Larry, i'm jelous as hell.

heres a few pics of the house back in MT, the parents own it right now, but i have made arrangements for it to move to my hands when they move out to their retirement house. the building was built in the 40s for my grandfathers little GM dealership after the previous buliding burned down. in the early 80s my father purchased the place from his father and now runs a smalltown auto repair shop out of it. the ground floor is a 3-4 stall shop and the 2nd floor is our house where i spent my first 19 years. the house is still heated by a coal boiler, i love this house. the pics arent the best, as i am in Norcal right now, these are what i had on the net.

first is from the Montana Rose album cover, the house isnt really pink, tis white and the ?49? was imposed, but the rest is ligit.
    [​IMG]

this is what hides behind the glass bricks and showroom window. a couple pics i put-ish together.
    [​IMG]

a fuzzy pic i had of the night i gathered the desoto coupe and brought 'er home.
    [​IMG]

I'm gettin back to MT this weekend, i'll get more pics, show a little more of the memoribilia inside.

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

I restored this House when I moved from the Detroit area to northern Mi. about 10 years ago,... it was built in 1902, the garage was added sometime in the late 50,s,... we started to build a new home,... so this baby with it's 3 acres could be all yours !:D

Attached Files:

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

16. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

Royal -

That's an AWESOME B/Y!! you do GREAT work!

while nowhere near as cool, here's mine. Just added the surfboard table, and I'm diggin' it. Pool was there when we bought the house - but in really crappy condition - nearly 40 years old. It's as close to SoCal as I can get and still live in Michigan:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

40two likes this.
  17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The trick is the privacy fence, it hides all the shit and makes the wife very happy.

18. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Yeah its mostly vintage. I have some stuff for sale if your interested send me a pm....I started collecting futuristic toy cars and quickly found out it get very expensive......Lucky

19. 41woodie

41woodie

Ok, I'll post a link to an outside shot of our place, then maybe someone can tell me how to post the pictures so they will display on this site. Our place is the building on the left. It began life as a livery stable built in 1893, now it's home and toy shelter.
    http://www.members.cox.net/sooner-356ea/HAMB1.jpg

20. synthsis

synthsis

[​IMG]very cool house. as for posting pictures just click on the little icon that has the mountain
    [​IMG]
    and paste the picture url in there.

21. 41woodie

41woodie

Ok, now that I've figured out the picture deal I'll post some more later. Most of the pictures are stored on out desktop. If it ever stops raining in central Oklahoma I'll take some shots of the outside now that we've added iron fence, flowers and second story deck.

22. Bobaloo

Bobaloo
    from Tulsa, OK

My "vintage" living room.

Attached Files:

23. FordFan

FordFan

Not my shop but pretty cool just the same. Some of you might recognise it.
    gas station.jpg

24. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

25. bobaloo.. is that a real eames lounge chair? I neeeeed one of those

26. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Boyd Who, I covet your house. I love that style. The interior needs help, but at least the original trim is still intact! So many of those places get remodeled by people who are clearly craving to live in new McMansions.

-Dave

27. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

I just bought this farmhouse.....its on 1 1/2 acres and the front part is over 100 years old........has the stone basement for a foundation. It has had an addition and garage built onto the back. The whole interior has been renovated to modern standards.

Attached Files:

28. Creepy Jack

Creepy Jack
    from SoCal

Built in 1945:

[​IMG]

And our "dining" area:

[​IMG]

29. Bobaloo

Bobaloo
    from Tulsa, OK

Nope. It's a Plycraft copy. I got it for free and reupholstered it myself. I think I'm gonna redo it in black soon. I'm getting tired of the current color.

30. malkintent

malkintent

damb i need to move 5 hrs east that green one would go for 400's here and i can see cows from the top of the house!!