Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your club have annual dues and if so, how much?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROADRAT EDDIE, Jun 26, 2007.

1. The Dude

The Dude

Everybody chipping in $25 or $50 bucks a year or even every once in a while throwing in extra so that the club and its friends can have a get together or shirts for everyone or whatever is cool with me but what in the hell is a club doing with $45-$120 bucks per member every month plus $500 initially. Unless this is covering some 24/365 tool usage or going to some orphans and I can write it off on taxes it just sounds stupid or I may be just really cheap

2. 60'coupe

60'coupe

I'm in the Panty of the Month Club, Does that count ? I'm not only a Member I'm the President !

Rob

3. eye bone

eye bone

As long as your just collecting them, and not wearing them :)

Siriously that made me laugh… good one!

4. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

werd. Sounds like club dues are just a way to get folks that are jackoffs to chip in because they wouldn't be generous with any cash on their own.

5. KyleL113

KyleL113

mildy o/t but any clubs north of dallas or close to?

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

When you buy a Silhouettes plaque your a life member. However you need to be voted in by a majority of members to buy a plaque. We are a retro 40's/50's/ early 60's kustom and hot rod club. We have members thru-out the country and any time there are 2 or more members together that cons-titute a meeting. We all got tired of rules and dues and all the politics of a organized car club. We don't sponsor any shows/runs but we try to attend as many of the retro style shows/runs we can to help advance this aspect of the car hobby.
    We're more an internet car club.

7. BinderRod

BinderRod

Does this involve sheep and chickens?

8. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

not quite ...just friends who enjoy cars and know how a club works to benifit and pay for itself:)

9. How many times are you allowed to join?????:D

10. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

No dues here. Kinda. We run... differently. New members buy/make dinner for all club members. Jackets are purchased by existing members and patches are handmade by members. Jackets are then given out at Christmas (because that is when the first jacket was given/received, so, tradition). Shirts dues are "pass the hat" style whenever a new batch is needed. This is slightly o/t, but for those viewing; here are more "club ideas".

11. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

No dues here either. We all pitch in when it is time to order Jackets, T-Shirts, Decals, Plaques, etc.

12. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Can't get street rod license plates in NJ without being a member of a club.

13. SILHOUETTES FOREVER, ok silhouettes members chime up here and show these guys you don't have to ruin frienships. You don't have to spend a fortune to have fun, it's about you and your rod, not about " MONEY ". So join Silhouettes and enjoy life and you won't hate going to meetings or getting together. Have a nice day I will. Rags

14. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Silent City Stockers

No dues , no rules :cool:

15. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

I had a few motorcycle clubs ask me to join but I didn't. Why should I pay money to someone so they can tell me what to do? In the military they told me what to wear and what to do but they paid me.

16. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Our club ( the Pair A Dice Cruisers ) charges $1.00 per month per person dues. You have to buy a club jacket to join ( now about $100 )
    We put on one car show a year and about 95% of our members are involved, the profits help us keep our dues down.
    Other wise we try to have a driving event every month weather permiting.

17. Dues in Tri-City Rod and Custom are 25 bones a year,,,If a member has a meeting at their home or shop and provides the eats,,,their membership is free for that year.

Believe me,,,it's cheaper to pay the dues! HRP

18. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Shoot! bones? too hard core for me... hahaha :D

19. olderone

olderone

Our club is the Mulvane Marauders (in Mulvane KS)our club dues are $25.per yr And we buy our own shirts hats coats Ect. The thing I like about the club is we all try to Help people out in times of need. We have helped people out with medical bills. buy them food when they get ill and can't work for a while.
    We also have a toy run ever year at Christmas time for at least 8 to10 children.And our dues pay for our club picnic ALL YOU and your family can eat.

20. olderone

olderone

Our club is the Mulvane Marauders (in Mulvane KS)our club dues are $25.per yr And we buy our own shirts hats coats Ect. The thing I like about the club is we all try to Help people out in times of need. We have helped people out with medical bills. buy them food when they get ill and can't work for a while.
    We also have a toy run ever year at Christmas time for at least 8 to10 children.And our dues pay for our club picnic ALL YOU and your family can eat.

21. JoeG

JoeG

No clubs around me from what I know.

I'm not sure I'd have much of an interest in joining a club, but I do wish I had the opportunity to pay a yearly fee and get the use of some stocked garage space and year round car sotrage for when the snow starts to spit.

22. michiganman061

michiganman061
    from Michigan

I've been a member of a couple clubs in the past. I no longer am. I am 24 years old. One of the clubs dues were $150 year and required a new member to be "sponcered". I was the only member younger then 60 years old.

Sure, it sounds good to charge a princely sum (over $100) for joining, but what one will find out is that you will just have a bunch of rich old guys in a snooty rich man's club if you charge that much.

I say its better to have dues say at $20/year that is affordable to everybody, and in the end your club and the gospel of cars gets spread much more to a wider group of members and individuals.

23. for some people...but you would have to step up to a larger farm animals, but they move much slower...easier to catch

24. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

25. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

$27.50 for the International, you get a slick color monthly magazine, and insurance for a chapter meet.

$12.00 for our local chapter pays for monthly newsletters, facilities rentals, food at some meetings, and we also give to charitys.

Studebaker Drivers Club, Intl. - 13,000 members worldwide, sponsoring scholarships to McPherson College & Wyotech.

Midway Chapter (Wichita, KS) - 45 family memberships scattered across Kansas, and in Colorado, Oklahoma, & Missouri.

26. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Wow...just...wow.

I was reading this, thinking: okay, $500 one-time fee will keep the rif-raff out...I get it...but $45 a month X 12 months equals ANOTHER $540 a YEAR in dues, PLUS $75 bucks as a fee if YOU have a place in YOUR garage to work on YOUR car? Please tell me I'm wrong in my interpretation..that sounds really "big brother".

$540 PER YEAR to be a part of a club? $1040 startup fee for the first year (+ or- the 75 bucks if you got garage space)? That's an exclusive club there. The yearly fee is a third of what I pay to the government in property taxes!-- wholly hell!

27. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

This is tame compared to what some “lowrider” clubs require of their members.

One lowrider club requires you to get the club name tattooed on your person.
    Same club also demands you put the needs of the club before family, work, yourself etc. the club comes 1st.

It must work, they are huge.

28. mcload

mcload

Jaguar Club of Houston...$60/year. Includes membership into the national organization and a monthly magazine. Membership hovers around 100 people each year. If people don't participate in club events, fine, we'll still take their money and spend it as the board sees fit. Way too serious a club for me these days, almost like running a business. Having held most of the club positions over the past 20 years, I now stay in the shadows and only come out every once in awhile, or to help with our Fall concours car show. (Getting folks to pay their dues on time is like pulling teeth).

29. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

You have to understand that our club has virtually every tool (power and otherwise) ever invented. As you know, these are not inexpensive. Consider the fact that there is upkeep on a 65 year old building, taxes to pay, heat, hydro and rent to pay. The building and property is owned by the provincial ministry of transport . I don't think it's at all 'big brother' as you say. What the heck does that mean?
    It's a fact of life when you have a club house with over 50 years of tradition and is located in an area that is now fully developed residential housing.
    Yep, it is an exclusive club and we plan on keeping it that way. It is probably one of the most well-respected and well-known clubs in the country.

30. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

These are the dumbest requirement I have ever heard, getting the name of the club tattooed and putting your "club" before family= GANGBANGER.
    I bet you have to have a minimum of 6" of your underwear showing at all times.