Register now to get rid of these ads!

58 f100 update (hot rod flatz sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lodaddyo, Jun 22, 2007.

1. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

so i ordered a quart of the carnival red pearl to try out. i sprayed some test panels and it kept drying splotchy. so i went to the local paint store and was gonna pick up some red metallic base to spray, and the prices were outrageous for red. well i finally decided on a color( a cheaper color) and sprayed the dash and jambed the truck out
    this afternoon. i have to work this weekend so i wont be able to shoot the rest till tuesday. but ill post pics when im done
    the color is 2007 Ford kiwi green metallic, base coat no clear.

Attached Files:

2. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great color in my opinion. Not a lot of folks using green shades. Cool and different!

3. Ruiner

Ruiner

I love that color, very subtle green...that's the color i've tried to get my buddy to paint his 52 olds holiday

4. Looks real nice. I'm probably going to two-tone the original pale green and white. Nothin' wrong with green IMHO.
    Kind of a pain that the dash is welded in place, though, huh?

5. eviljake

eviljake
    from Austin, TX

That looks really good to me. I had thoughts of painting mine that new mustang shade similar to that. Can't wait to see photos of the whole thing.

6. Diablo Artwerks

Diablo Artwerks
    from Bako

A buddy of mine used that Hot Rod Flatz white on his truck and it came out all blotchy also. I had to put scallops all over to try and hide it. The white looked and felt just like regular primer. That green is cool. Ya need some gold or copper striping or flames or something on it.

7. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Thats so funny, I was gonna use the 2007 Ford Kiwi Green on a customer's bike. He wanted it with no metallic and picked the underhood color from my charts. Not realizing, I called to order it and had to go with a diff color. 2003 Nissan Tank Green. Bout a shade darker. Came out great, both are awesome colors. If you need a nice two tone I have the perfect compliment color and alot of it.

8. rustfarmer

rustfarmer
    from Hawaii

Cool color! I am planning on painting my F100 a similar color.

9. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

thanks for the compliments, im really excited about this color. im glad i went with it. i'll post more pics when i get the whole thing done.