Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can you identify these wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Matty Dog, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Matty Dog

Matty Dog

This pic of Ol' Yaller as a camera car came up on another thread, and I asked what the rear wheels are. I was kind of hijacking the thread, so it's fair enough that no one answered.

So, now that I've started a new thread, what are the wheels on the back of Ol' Yaller?
    [​IMG]

2. Matty Dog

Matty Dog

Ha! Damn you for being right!

I originally wanted Jaguar D-Type Dunlop alloys for my project, and you can by repops, but they are crazy money, but I'm sure they'd be peanuts compared to Bizzarini wheels!

3. Being from Bizzarini they are most likely Campagnolo and magnesium too. Iso Grifo's used them too but Bizzarini and Iso were partners that split up so their cars are very similar.

4. They're being repopped if you really want them.

Steve

5. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

I'll add sometrhung here too,Bizzarini's have an E type jag diff with components by Bizzarini added to them, so the stud pattern could be anything. The only Chev part in either the ISO Rivolta and Bizzarinis are the Engines.
    They were never in Partnership. Giotto Bizzarini worked for Enzo Rivolta and designed Some of his cars chassis.
    ISO lele's etc also have the jag diff but only the center section.One I have now has a Ford stud pattern.

6. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ever notice Hot Rodders know about all types of cars....if it has wheels and goes fast , we are interested. :)

7. Velocetwo

Velocetwo
    from California

That is the Max Balchowsky film car it was used on many films. Max worked with one of the greatest stunt men Corey Loftin. At the 64 Sebring race there were two Iso A3C (Bizzarrini) cars they both crashed, Max took them back to California and turned the two crashed cars into one car. Those rims probably came off one of the crashed Iso A3C's. I believe this car was used to film some of Bullitt car scenes.

Corey Loftin owned 3 Bizzarrini's one can be seen in the opening scence of Bullitt, another in Herbie the love bug and still another in Eiger Sanction (Utah scene)

8. millersgarage

millersgarage