Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Show in Holland Michigan put on by Wiz Magazine and Relics Car Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopd54, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Moparhead

Moparhead

I'll be there all day Saturday helpin' John wherever he needs me,but have to stop home later in the afternoon to let out the puppy dog.But---- I'll be back.Sounds like a great time. Fuzz

2. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

3. lucidalien

lucidalien

we had a great time last night. dangerville did a kick ass job playin some tunes for us. today is going to be even better. I am gathering things to be on my way in just a little bit. we have a band starting @ 2 today and also 8 this evening. come out and see us have a good time drink a few beers and meet a bunch of cool folks. see you all there.
    not to mention one of the original dutch clutchers cars is on display. a few old school race cars and don't forget the alexander brothers victoria.

sean "dirty harry"
    Relix

4. lucidalien

lucidalien

the show went very well. there was a good turnout for friday night and saturday. sunday was slow but that is ok. I know I learned a lot from this experience like what we did well and not so well. I hope someone that was there will post some pics I didn't have anytime to photo anything. midnight minigolf was a blast I wish everyone could have seen that.
    I seen some hambers out on sat including fuzz, garysguns, bonechop113 (nice camaro face), kustombuilder & mongo(sorry I didn't get your voicemail until last night. I had to leave early to get my kids) and a few others that I don't remember their screen names. all in all a fantastic time & I will be looking forward to next year. thanks to everyone that came out and everyone who helped out.
    if you get a chance check out al and the blackcats. especially u uk people they will be headed your way in a few weeks.

sean "dirty harry"
    Relix

5. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Al and the Black Cats ROCK!! they used my parents van to haul all their shit to that show. LOL ...in fact i think they use it for most if not all of their shows. my parents are too nice :D

6. lucidalien

lucidalien

wait until u see erics standup bass. everybody from Relix pitched in & got mad max (mike) to throw a whole bunch of striping on it. front back sides it is covered.

7. 416Ford

416Ford

Not much more on Sunday, could not make it out Friday or Saturday so some friends and I drove out there Sunday and MAYBE 15 cars were still there. Then we were asked to pay the $5 each to get in to see them.

8. Mike does some Killer work.

9. msuguydon

msuguydon

I am not trying to piss on somebody’s parade, but this show had a very weird vibe to it.

I stumbled onto this show by complete luck/chance on Saturday night. I was SOOO Shocked to run across this type of show in Holland!

In general Holland is a very uptight, tea totling, church going town. KUDOS for putting on a show like this in Dutch Ville

I lived in Holland for twenty plus years but moved away a year and a half ago. My family and I were back in Holland last weekend attending a Wedding, on the way home from the wedding we drove past this show. We were in no big hurry to get back to our hotel so I stopped to take a look.

I was stopped and told I had to pay $5 to look at the cars. When I questioned the entrance fee I was told it was the clubs first show, how they ad to pull permits, etc. I paid but am still not sure how I feel about paying.

Looks like a great location, the show was held in a parking lot of that is shared by a Tap Room and motel. They had a band, not playing when I was there, Wiz magazine was there, just not many cars or people. A very small car turn out, maybe 15 cars at 8:30 on Saturday night. I was told it was a 3 day show. I dunno maybe I was too early,

I am still not sure how to react to this show. It felt like it wanted to be a private party but if you were willing to pay $5 we will let you come in.

The other odd thing going on was that the local antique car club was having their big show at the fair grounds so there were rods and Kutsoms all over town, but not around this show.

Hope you guys figure out what went well and what didn’t and its bigger and better next year.

10. msuguydon

msuguydon

11. msuguydon

msuguydon

12. msuguydon

msuguydon

13. msuguydon

msuguydon

14. msuguydon

msuguydon

15. msuguydon

msuguydon

16. msuguydon

msuguydon

17. msuguydon

msuguydon

18. 65cad429

65cad429

Here are a few from Sunday

[​IMG]

19. 65cad429

65cad429

Sorry, bad links. Here goes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 65cad429

65cad429

21. 65cad429

65cad429

22. blackjack21

blackjack21
    from Denver, CO

Looks like a great show, my dad brought the three circle track cars. He kept me posted on the happenings. Wish I could have been there. Hopefully I'll get to see you all again at the Hunnert Car Pileup this fall. Thanks for the pictures and would love to see more if you have them.

-Tyler

23. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

5 Bux is nutin if its gonna make it a better show next year!!

24. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Ya your dads got some cool shit...

25. lucidalien

lucidalien

thanx for the understanding

26. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Hey Tyler....This is Al, I met ya at the pile up and am friends with your dad. He is great...has some awesome race stuff and hot rod stuff too. I was hoping you were gonna suprise him and show up, he said you have had your ride runnin....hell you would have got the "long distance" award!!!
    Did he tell ya I "kidnapped" his Benson modified? I'm going to go over it, see if it is safe enough and good enough to get running, and then I'm going to get it going for him if it is! I'm also going to help him get the Benson latemodel up and runnin....I love the racecar stuff...so this is a pleasure for me. Not sure if my yard, or my wife for that matter, is going to be as happy as I am when and if I get that modified runnin...I can already see the grass flyin as I run hotlaps around my house!!!!
    Take care, good luck with your ride...and see ya at the pile up!

Al
    a.k.a. 333 Half Evil