Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T It's OVER, after 5 and a half years...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cosmo, Jun 18, 2007.

1. After 5 and a half years, and more money to lawyers than they deserve, my divorce and custody fighting with my ex-wife is over.

And the last laugh was mine.

Today, after hauling me into court for an alleged visitation infraction, and having me file a counter-petition for child support, the case was taken "Off Call" after the judge awarded me $254 a month in child support, retroactive to December, when I filed!!
    And no other petitions will be heard, meaning that the visitation abuse petition will not be heard!!

I am now one of the very few fathers slated to receive child support. Here in Illinois, however, the support comes direct out of your paycheque, so the only question is 'will I see the arrearage'??

Maybe now, since I am done paying lawyers for the nonce, I can look more seriously at the '38 Buick down the street...subframed and Merc turbo-diesel powered...

Cosmo

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I can say from experience (an employer) that Illinois WILL file for support if you can document employment. I have in the past had to ante up for deadbeat parents because they couldn't comply with a court order. My best wishes to you Cosmo. If you ever find yourself south of the city near Indiana, look me up and I'll buy you a cold one. Stu

3. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

congrats!!!
    I'm with you! AND Good luck!! I have full custody of my son and have YET to recieve a penny from my EX-Biatch, I mean Ex-wife. The state went after her but she doesn't have a job!! She got fired!! She's a "dead-beat-mother" Don't think I have heard that term before, but it has a nice "ring" to it...Ken

4. asher

asher

WOOT gratz. That almost never happens. Especially out here in Cali. A kids mom could be a postitue addicted to crack and they wont take kids from them or make her pay support.

5. Time to leave that all behind...and build something!!!

6. jerry

jerry

Congrats Cosmo!

This has been going on for awhile! Thanks for he update. Hopefully she keeps working!

jerry

7. relief. nice. good for you.

8. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I raised my two boys on my own with no financial help from anyone. I paid all the debts for the marriage, took 10 years, with no help. I'm trying not to sound like I'm on the pitty potty but, you asked. I wouldn't count on any money from your ex and I sure as hell wouldn't be brash enough to dream and speculate on how I could spend the money. Just do the best you can, with what you have, be thankful, humble and things will come to you. Always take the high road and stay out of court as much as possible. Good luck!

9. gearjam1

gearjam1

Yep, I'm from Illinois, and I get $285/month from my cheating ex wife... States Attorney's Office here has her in court this week due to the fact that she keeps skipping from job to job, so she can keep from paying... I think they are calling it "Gross Disregard for Established Child-Support Order"... I gave her a small cash settlement, and got to keep my kid, house, cars, retirement...everything. Congrats on it finally working out for you!! (What's the saying? Don't go away mad...just go away...)
    :)

10. chopt49

chopt49

Cosmo, time to move on.. go get that '38 and teach your lil ones to wrench on it!

I raise my Martini to you my friend, the fight is over...

11. singledownloop

singledownloop

I've had custody of my daughter for the last 10 years and her moms wages are garnished so i get child support.She skipped around jobs at first but here they take your license if you are behind.

12. Wow! Good for you, as said earlier, this NEVER happens over here in Ca. women can do what ever they want, and still take you for everything and get support to boot.
    My brother's ex cheated and got knocked up. He filed and she refused to sign. The new boyfriend even moved into his house. Finally she settled for half, with support. Now she is trying to get support for the two kids she had before they were married. Oh yeah, she has 7 kids from 3 different men. Whatta Bitch!
    My poor brother can't do shit.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Congratulations..I am or was a single father full time mother of my daughter 9 month custody battle and proved in court that her drunk ass dugged up bitch for a mother was as useless as a 4 inch dipstick and all i get is 32 dollars a month child support..cant even buy my kid shoes for that.
    Any way im glad shes with me and i have recently Married. My kid is now an A student.(wasnt with her mom was failing kindergarten for god sakes).. what i want to know is I suffered a major loss due to the custody battle and shes schaked up with some dude..now she seems to have plenty of money and she is getting also state money..why is my child support only 32 bucks? you know if it was a dude saying he dont have money they wouldnt give a shit and say eather get a dam job or be in debt till you die..still the court favors women..they wanted equality..why are they not getting it when the tables are turned?

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

any way sorry for my rant..Im very happy for you..hats off to you..you are not alone and is good to hear that more of this is happining..what ever you do dont give up and never give that kid back to her ..dont lose your custody rights..no matter how bad it gets..You the man!

15. gearjam1

gearjam1

Yeah, the S.A.'s office told me today on the phone, that since she is a "mother" with 2 other kids-they wouldn't throw her in jail... Bet they would if it were you or I with 2 kids... Sorry about _my_ rant...

16. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Congrats to you on your victory!

I'm trying to find legal support to help me fight my waste of oxygen ex-wife. She informed me last night, during my Father's Day phone call no less, that she intends to move with her husband to Arizona from Oklahoma in August. Oh, did I mention that she's married to her sister's ex-husband?

Anyone know of a decent lawyer who works on a promise and a prayer around Tulsa, OK? It's bad enough where I've been contemplating selling my RPU to finance this goat fucking.

17. I went through an ugly divorce 19 years ago and now my boys are 23 and 26. I couldnt get custody and I paid through the ass for years. I always had my boys on weekends and spent lots of quality time with them. Now that the money train has come to a halt their mom wants nothing to do with them nor do they care for their mom. They do however still spend lots of time with me and love old cars. The trick is let their mother cut her own throat, it takes years and lots of tears but you can let your kids grow and learn who really gives a shit about them and who will always be there for them in the end. Just take it one day at a time and love your kid and time will take care of the rest. Good luck!:)

18. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

very nice ! What I hear is the best way to celebrate a recent court victory is to attend the 7th annual Cheaterama on July 14th at Nite Owl, 830 E. Layton ave. Milwaukee, WI 53207. There is always plenty of pickings to choose your next ex wife...
    CheaterJack

19. tdoty

tdoty

Yeah, if she's gainfuly employed, they will take an extra percentage from each paycheck to make up the arrearage.

Congrats on the win. The other side of the child support system can get screwy around here.

Got a letter the other day saying I was $800+ behind........the last notice they sent to my employer instructed them to withhold a total of $0 per week. My employer complied, and now it's costing me an extra $10 a week to make up the difference. I don't mind paying the child support, it's the least I can do. I just hate it when they screw up the paperwork......repeatedly. They will also take the arrearage from her federal tax return, if it isn't caught up by then.

Tim D.

20. Thanks, guys!!!

I initially went in expecting nothing. I make a ton more than my ex, but she has continually taken me back to court for stupid shit, and she always lost. But there were never any consequences for her actions, so she continued. This last time, she claimed I denied visitation (I was there at 4 pm, she didn't show until 8 pm, the return time!!). So I told my lawyer to pull out the stops, and we filed for child support. Any monies that I see from that will go directly into an account for my son's future.

And the rest is history. Now her lawyer has an out (case put 'off call'), and he quit (tried twice before, judge denied his request). She now no longer has the means or money to hire an attorney to harrass me with stupid claims.

Have I mentioned that she is crazy?? Not the kind that most guys claim, but the kind where she was committed four times before I met her, though she didn't actually mention that while we were dating. And I was drinking then :rolleyes: .

Again, thanks for the kinds words.

Cosmo

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Cosmo, congrats on your legal win. The truth of the matter is though that this is only one battle. The war is raising a happy, healthy and successful child, and judging by the fact that the court awarded you custody, I'd say your kid has a good chance. As much as you way want to strangle your ex, I can't overstate how important it is to try to keep things civil for the sake of your kid. Divorce sucks, but little can screw a kid's head up worse than having him surrounded by bickering and ill-will. Having loving parents, even if they're apart, is vital. My parents have been divorced 13 years, and it was tough, but my parents were always there and that was a huge help, especially my mom. I'm glad to hear that you're saving for your son's future. College and such isn't getting any cheaper. Thank God my parents saved for my future, when I get out of law school I'll only be $100,000 in debt!

Congrats again on your victory, sounds like you're a great dad and you and your son are on the right road

22. Sounds like everybody struck a nerve or something, well mine was many years ago and I paid for it by the month for 18 years on two kids and only one was mine. But we got through it because my second wife is a very rare jewel and I am thankful for her and my present family. Happy ending! Rags
    P.S. congrats cosmos......

23. Dad raised me and my little brother. Mom left for a namby pamby earthmuffin and she actually told me and Russ that she only wanted our baby brother. I was 13 and Russ was 10 at the time. Dad put in twelve hour days and did his best for us. We seem to have grown up allright and that was 27 years ago. Our little brother actually got sent to live with us in 1997 because he was getting in trouble in Oregon and mom couldn't handle him, he was 23 at the time. He straightened up with us and I owe that to my wife who is a bitch when necessary. Now he is married to one of my old classmates and enjoying financial success due to her hard work and it has rubbed off on him. They have been together nine years now and he is happy as a lark.
    If you do your best, you can turn that ugly divorce thing into something positive.
    Remember, Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.

24. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

woman paying the man! like that idea