Register now to get rid of these ads!

intro from the new guy.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad55Gasser, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Bad55Gasser

Bad55Gasser
    from Illinois

still tryin gto figure this thing out I have been lurking on the HAMB for awhiklenow and thought what the hell.....i dig the crap outa old hot rods.......I have a bunch of projects and a couple drag cars.they are a 55 gasser that i built straight axle and all its got a 427 rat in it with a 5 speed runs 9.90's.its been on gasser madness its the "far beyoind Driven one if ya seen it....I also have a 62 bubbletop chevy thats getting some new pipe its a full on moly chassied top sportsman car i ran it with a2x3 frame and a 540 with a 5 speed then a lenco......it'll have the stakc injected 540 and lenco in it first but then I am goin toa blower, I also have a 56 chevy sedan gasser project, a 63 rat suburban, another 62 this one is an impala hardtop thats gonna be on the old bubbletop chassis.maybe with a 409 in it....(yes I have one )......aso tryin to get my 77 sporty back up again its been raked and stretched and will be getting a hardtail soon......it will be a Bar hopper style "chopper".....I am workin on a 41 chevy School bus for my parents!!......and among all this crap, I am planning a 38 Chevy Pickup.....highly chopped, fenderless,early hemi, .....is there anybody who repops or cans till find bomber bucket seats?.I wanna set and I might beable to make em but the real deal would be cooler to me......hey how do ya post a pic??..it says mine are too big?.OI am crap at this...Thanks for lettin me in ERIK

2. Welcome. Decent intro but you should really fill out your info in your profile. Sounds like you have a hell of a lot of projects on your hands all at once. Good luck to ya with em all, sounds like you have a hard on for big block chevy's, cant blame ya. SOme pics of that 55 gasser would really be cool. Enjoy this place!
    Greg

3. Bad55Gasser

Bad55Gasser
    from Illinois

I'll fill out the profile this is a different board than i have ever been on so gimme a little time.....BTW Like alot of guys my "projects are mostly things I couldn't live without.....and wil be awhile before I do anything with em...the 56 might be fo sail..ERIk

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

ERIK !!!
    Glad to see ya made it on!
    Don't worry about all of the young-guns on here getting sideways about intro's, that shit is getting really old to us Old-Timers.
    Besides, I know you very well, and suggested that you get involved.
    If you need anything, just ask buddy!
    Glenn Hayes

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Here is a picture of Eriks Bad-Ass 55 .........
    Don't you give him any shit !

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

And he knows how to do a real burnout.........

7. plan9

plan9

i remember that pic being posted awhile back... no shit flinging here... in fact, i can hear the angels weep in jealousy when looking at that pic [​IMG]

8. Bad55Gasser

Bad55Gasser
    from Illinois

thanks Glenn! I am gettin the hang of it.....the picture thing is gonna mess with me a little I gotta resize most of em first. ERIK

9. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Nice car, welcome to the Hamb.

10. Bad55Gasser

Bad55Gasser
    from Illinois

thanks.glad to be here.hey Glenn how do ya get the pics to load with the message like that??.......ERIK

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Erik........just make em about 25-40 bites ........

12. FWilliams

FWilliams

nice launch!!!!!! welcome

[​IMG]

13. Great to see another 55 owner among the ranks of the HAMB board......super shot of your beast sit'n up and shakin her paws at the track!! [​IMG] [​IMG]....Welcome and enjoy bro!!! [​IMG]

14. Bad55Gasser

Bad55Gasser
    from Illinois

Thanks!! I also wanna build a 38 Chevy Truck.I have a cab found but not bought yet but I have first dibs on it.i already got it built in my head ...it will have the original patina paint on it.cept where the roof is chopped.I wanna chop it really LOW.no fenders, no hood, 35-37 ford car grille, drilled axle, 2x3 frame drilled with 2" holes, 55 chevy dash, bomber style seats, no side windows, old crusty mags.and holes drilled in everything!! and maybe if I can get some 5- 10 spoke spindle mounts no front brakes..also I got a 331 hemi I would love to do something with .so far thats all just in my head but I really wanna do it..and I want it to be EVIL and driven daily.oh yeha my wife even digs the idea..hows that for wierd??..ERIK

15. That big thump was my jaw hittin the floor [​IMG]
    The gasser is tits, man--I love it. If that pic was b&w, I would swear it was 1966 and I was a kid again. [​IMG]

Got any pics of your rat-burb? I'm fixin to get busy on mine....

Welcome!

mid-tenn mike

16. Bad55Gasser

Bad55Gasser
    from Illinois

Thanks I got a pic from thompson Ohio last year sittin in the lanes next to my budies 42 willys sedan.....B&W looks like 1966 and thtas the look both of us were after thanks agian. ERIK

17. Bad55Gasser

Bad55Gasser
    from Illinois

heres the sub......its a got rust and a junkyard 400 in it...I drove the shit out of it for a couple years.then I decided to put dropped springs and spindles and convert to disc brakes up front I did all that, put the five spokes up front and never went anyfurther...the front need aligned and its been sittin for two years.shame on me!!.it was a fun ride....besides the 409 I also have a 348 that ran when pulled want to put it inthere al;so got a 61 bubblehood for it..... and better doors and front clip less rust......just kinda got stuck on it.but I saw that truck in the VLV pics...droped to the ground MAN is that cool!!.......ERIK

Attached Files:

18. Yeah, Erik, I'm diggin it. Porcupine motor's a cool idea. Was gonna do a big Olds in mine, but I knocked a TBI truck in the head--nothin like free EFI/OD!
    I was shootin for the 60-61 hood thing too(finally found one), but the hood's goin on my 66 peecup.

You have some cool stuff, sir!

19. Welcome, Eric........if Glenn says you're ok, then you're ok. Your
    55 is a car I wanna build some day for myself...kinda a two lane blacktop car. [better check the jets] I love it!
    I don't know how you met Glenn but I met him at DesMoines Goodguys in the late 80's when he was puttin around the grounds in a red race-car Model A coupe with removable body parts.....including the entire body!

20. Bad55Gasser

Bad55Gasser
    from Illinois

Earl thanks I dig it and I should get it out and drive it again......the pic makes it look nicer than it is the fenders are gone at the bottoms, as are the rockers.and the rar wheel lips are mushy.but hey its cool.the floor is in great shape.so I can build on it someday I am gonna hang the nicer doors and front clip on it as well as the 61 hood.....someday......I was gonna put a 425 Olds in mine!! but that 348 would be neater..ERIK

21. radical56chevy

radical56chevy

welcome aboard..thats one bad55....hope mine looks that good someday..

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

Welcome.......nice rides.

23. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Wow..... I'm jealous.... NICE Gassers man! [​IMG]

24. dixiedog

dixiedog

Welcome from an "almost old" guy (41 next week). I love that 55 (my super secret fettish car) and from your pics in the other thread you definitely have some nice toys. That short bus is awlsome.

I have a 61 Apache 10 SWB with the 62+ hood & 406/T350 in it. Going thru start up issues now, but that burb sure inspired me to do something on it tonite.