Register now to get rid of these ads!

rusty car owners please stand up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tankwilson, Nov 25, 2006.

1. I just lowered my car, is it cool enough?-MIKE:D

[​IMG]

2. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Low......Ride......Errrrrrrr

3. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

It's weird, all of the old timers I meet are thrilled to see young guys building hot rods and not Hondas. I've never seen anyone who has taken the time to build a car and knows thier shit put someone down cause of a little rust or their own personal stylying opinions, maybe you just rubbed someone the wrong way.

4. hilbillyjim1948

hilbillyjim1948
    from australia

Why do you want to offend?[/quote]
    Exactly ,why do you want to offend ,were you a bully as a kid or were you bullied !"I got heavily tattooed and drive a rat because it offends the collective you " i build rods and drive em cause I LIKE HOTRODS! I DONT CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK !i think the jokes on you cause sooner or later youll run out of skin and your ride will fall to bits ,but no one will be offended ,but i doubt theyd stop and give you a ride !all this rat crap will die out just like billet did!
    rodding is always evolving ,all this hardcore rodder crap is just that CRAP! ignore them and they will go away!whilst the media is onto it it will still breathe but trends change quickly and some will bear the scars of trying to be cool for a long time after theve been seen as uncool

5. hatch

hatch
    from house

6. rebstew187

rebstew187

this thread ended up screwed up to say the least but one thing I want to add to this mess is that for all the so called(ratrod)guys,do you know where the term rat came from?it wasn't a car.it started with the bikers.some of the old real club bikers not the yuppy bikers we have now a days had some of the most wicked scary choppers around.they were bit and pieces of junk.they looked so bad they called them rats.as someone else stated" why would you want to offend someone"because they want attension.alot of bikers had curse words painted on the tanks as well as the middle finger ,nazi stuff ,klan stuff what ever they could do to try to scare the crap out of an old lady.why?I don't know.been around bikers all my life.get to know em they seem like a nice crew.it's just a scream at the normal man.so to answer your question no you don't have a hot rod you have a rat rod.take the FUCK YOU off the back and instant hot rod.if you are trying to be tuff I bet ya $10 and a steak for your eye that more than likely you are not.rust ,paint or primer its a hot rod.

7. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

blown motor-- cool.
    wasted interior-- ok.
    some dings and dents-- fine.
    rust bucket-- sucks.

i think buying a rust bucket is one of most critical errors people make.. because a rust bucket is insanely expensive in time and/or dollars to fix compared to almost anything else. thus, guys with rusty cars either spend too much time/money fixing them or they are fucked up rat rods.

rust sucks.

-scott noteboom

8. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

All it takes is a rusty car and a tattoo to stir this much shit ?You guys make it too easy.An old shit stirer.

9. roddinron

roddinron

10. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I smell another Tech week approaching......thank GOD

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I really really have to poo....:D uh oh, I may have just sharted...:eek:

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hahaha...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. pontiac

pontiac

I like to look at the "rusty" cars when I see them at shows just to see the ideas they put into them. I wouldn't want one personally, but if you're going to build something 40s-50s style... people back then liked their nice paint jobs.

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Like poo this thread has a way of lingering.

16. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

this is what i think of when i hear the term "rat bike",,...
    [​IMG]

http://ratbike.org/gallery.html

17. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

this is why i lurk now

18. classictint

classictint
    from Orange,Ca

19. wyoming

wyoming
    from My house

thats almost how i put it that dosent have enough rust for me to afford it

20. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

This car has been at "BOB's Big Boy" Toluca many times...the story is, he WON it at a raffle at a Good Guys event in Nor Cal and then immediately sold the wheels. It has a corvette motor with fiberglass "Speedway" ARDUN heads bolted on top of the chevy valve covers.... Basically he made the cay to his liking...and has been trying to sell it for over a year...IT's nothing more than a pile of crap, it's a fiberglass kit car...IT'S NOT A '37 FORD.... get real!!!

21. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

22. What about that guy with the 3 window coupe from Oklahoma with Poo! writen across the rear? Maybe he should get Poo! tattooed on his forehead.

I can't believe this thread is still alive. Funny shit. Useless, but funny in a freak accident sort of way. Like watching someone step on a rake.

Oh and let me be the first one to saw "Orcabetties, they go great with your rat rod"

I should know better, but, sigh, what do you expect from a 61 year old guy who watches South Park and Reno 911? I really should know better.

23. Hunter Bender

Hunter Bender

the amount of time all you have spent arguing about rusty cars, you all could have finished something on your car. enough already. my truck is rusty cause i cant afford paint. if you don't like it tough shit, don't look at it. end of story...............

24. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

wow. so i checked up on my subscribed threads and this was my most previously responded. didnt even know what i posted. wow. i have a rusty car. wow, i dont have a rusty car. if you put all the gimmicks and crap on your car to get into a certain cliche, then your building a ratrod. if its unsafe and is built to get WTF looks from everyone, then its a ratrod. if nothing stands out and the whole car looks smooth and as one, then your building a hotrod.

25. tpw35

tpw35

I have a couple of boxes of hot rod mags from the early 60s, The cars in those books are painted, no rust. I dont care what people build but dont call the "rat rod" style car traditional. This is a new style or trend.

26. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I agree, they are not traditional, I was there.

27. pecker head

pecker head

Dang ! I gotta go POO POO !

28. The_Monster

The_Monster

lets end this thread already(?) Some FNG re-opened it after it being dead so long, with his first post.
    Cool car FNG, but DAMN! Why open *this* thread again...
    ???