Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear Disk Brake Swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4 T 1, Jun 17, 2007.

1. 4 T 1

4 T 1
    from colorado

Looking to swap the rear disk brakes out of a 93-97 camaro to a 75 GM 10 bolt. Has anyone done this type of swap? Any advise would be much appreciated... I am struggling with the $500 price tag for a "kit". Thanks!!!

2. john56h

john56h

I haven't used the 93-97 Camaro parts....but have put late 70's Camaro/Firebird disks on a drum 10 bolt rear. The biggest issue was the fact that the axle flanges were too big to fit inside the rotors. The axles had to be turned down on a lathe to make them a little smaller in overall diameter, then the rotors fit over them.

3. Tulsa oldskool55

Tulsa oldskool55

I just bought a IRS rear w/disc brakes out of a 90's T-Bird for my 41 Ford coupe and I know where you can get one for $300 complete.if you want email me [email protected] but the stuff is in Oklahoma

4. BinderRod

BinderRod

Just as John said. You will have to have the flanges turned and the rest is a bolt on. I did this on my 39 International. Keith

5. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

An issue not addressed here are the the calipers mentioned are center pull e-brake. You are much better off with 98-02 units.

6. BinderRod

BinderRod

Do these use the same backing plates? The E Brake set up on mine look funky because the calipers on one side point forward and the othe side points backwards. There is no clean way to run the cables for the E brake.