Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best Father's Day Present

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevnut, Jun 15, 2007.

1. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Looking at my son at this age into hotrods & kustoms( "vroom, vroom" in his words as he points at anything with 4 wheels) makes the struggles & stresses of life go away.
    Yetserday, he pushed his pedal car out to the grass and started washing it since I was washing my truck. Could'nt help to show-off my little guy. I guess he's getting ready for this weekend's Roadster Show. I try not to push him into this hobby too much because he might get sick of it when he comes of age and need him to sand & block :D , but his addiction is all him... OK, I'm sure I'm an influence of some kind but I really try not to push him. Here are a couple pics that made this a feel-good Friday. By the looks of it he's into what he's doing. Lucky guy has an entry this weekend, so much for my entry, dont own a roadster. Happy Father's day to all Dads here...

Attached Files:

• 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      84.2 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      86.7 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      83.7 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      95.3 KB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      107.6 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      101 KB
      Views:
  2. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

lucky man you are! =) thats pretty awesome, i hope i have a boy one day too.

3. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

10 more years he's gonna be having the local neighbourhood girls wash that little car while he watchs!:D

keep up the good work looks like he has the "instinct" for old cars:)

4. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

I know what you mean. Kids are cool and it is even cooler when they like what their Dad's do. My son is now 5 and did the same thing with a pedal car I had with him. He already has a real tool box and he gets excited about buying tools. Everytime I go to the car parts house I will buy him a small tool or something.

My Father gave my son a gift when he was born. A polished 9/16 Craftsman wrench with my son's name engraved on it. I remember that day wondering if my son would get addicted to Hot Rodding like his old man and grandfather.

Well...5 years later he cruises with me and wants to help in the shop everytime I go out there. Can't wait to teach him how to weld! Life is good and being a Dad really is pretty bitchin'!

DuckusCrapus

5. wanna-b

wanna-b

The tool chest is a good idea. I'll just have to steal that for my kiddo's 6th birthday this October. I'll get him his own set of tools and a tool box with his name on it. maybe he can help his old man learn how to put away his tools too.

Being a dad is a great thing. I really look forward to having a third set of hands in the garage and not have to worry about what he's getting into while I'm working in there.

Maybe his first tool will be a sanding block and some 600 grit. 8)

6. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

That is just too cute. Happy fathers day.

7. SHRUM

SHRUM

Happy fathers day to you, he has a nice ride there. Got my 6 year old girl out sanding on the car wed. She would see me sweating and ask me if I needed a break, I would say no and she would go back after it. gotta love them kids. Happy fathers day everyone.

8. Happy Fathers Day Al. My oldest son graduated last night. That time flew by. Maybe see you Sat. Mike

9. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Way to go Chev and Happy Fathers Day to you too. Hey we still need to hit a Pedal Car show man, PM me your number and i will let you know when i here of something. Take Care Bro and have a good weekend (if i don't end up seeing you at Pomona)....Shortdog

10. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

im gonna have to get my kids 4 & 6 wash thier pedal car while i do mine

that way my car actually gets clean LOL

11. My son just turned 17 on Wednesday and spent the night pulling the timing belt of his ricer. We will be looking for a two door 55 Chevy for him sometime in the near future. Of course it will need to be a total basket case. He needs to teach me how to weld better and I need to teach him how to paint. He already knows how to build engines.

Happy father's day to all you dads and grandads.

12. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

13. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Yeah molding their young minds is fun! Here is a pic of me and my boy Father's Day two years ago at the drags. He was three and had a ball!

DuckusCrapus

Attached Files:

14. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That's RAD!
    My son's is almost walkin', takes a few steps at a time. He crawls to the window when I start up the hotrod and likes rides in the Charger.
    Have a feeling he'll be into cars.....it's in his blood........

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Cant say enough about my kid..Shes the best..I was a Single dad for many years with her..and they were some of the best years of my life..shes 8 going on 9 now and she loves "her Chevy"..lol as she got older she was able to help me more and more , this winter we put a 327 engine in it and mostly finished off the interior..Got Married 1.5 years ago and wife doesnt understand cars ..but she knows where to find me..(pole barn) she says its good because im not getting into trouble..and my daughter is definetly a car girl..sorry future boy friend..see if you can cut it buddy..lol

16. Sprout

Sprout

To kool, can't wait till mines old enough.

17. Tdreamer

Tdreamer

here is my son, he loves it just came in from the garage now...

Attached Files:

18. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

My son is 3 1/2 been around classics his entire life and can decipher an older car from a newer one. "Cool car, Daddy! Cool car, Daddy!" Anytime he spots one peeking from the restraints of his car seat. Every old car is a cool car to him............

Another one is watching him at a show when I bring a buddy of his who hasn't been around cars, or his 2y/o sister. He gets into "the stance", admiring low and close, out of the corner of my eye, he grabs his friends/sisters hand who's followed suit, and tells him/her, "we look, don't touch." Makes taking him to an outting worth every minute.

19. My son started out much the same way as the first post. Has been my garage buddy for the past 19 years.

He learned to pinstripe at 13. He earned enough money pinstriping and detailing cars over the next two years to buy his first car, a 1955 Desoto.

He now works for a shop whose primary function is a body shop but they also restore cars. The owner has him doing everything from welding to wiring to paint and bodywork.His everyday car is a '64 Caddy that he and a guy he works with flaked and laced the top.

I'd take three more just like him as long as I didn't have to feed them

Can't say enough about keeping your kids busy. Keeps them out of trouble.

What is wrong with kids today? Must be lack of chrome.

20. gear27

gear27

My sons first word was Car walks around the house saying it all day
    when he hears the garage open he says "Daddas Car Car" and he
    loves to spend time in garage sitting in the roadster looking at car
    magazines what more could a father ask for and he's only 1 year
    and 3 months!!

21. My two boys have been around this stuff since they were born. First pic is them sitting on the running board as I check in for our camping car show weekend at Cumberland Maryland back in the 80's. The second pic is the oldest boy driving the same 40 up to the same rod run in Cumberland a couple years ago. We had moved on to a bigger camper so I was dragging it up with my Suburban and grabbed the shot....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

That's awesome:)
    Happy Father's day right back at ya.
    Mine son's a newbie, only 2 1/2 months old and i can't wait till he wants to wash his peddle car that's just sitting next to his crib at the moment.

Being blessed with a son is an amazing gift for sure!

23. That's precious, happy fathers day to all you hambers out there. Rags

24. noboD

noboD

Cool pics of the little guys. My 16 month old grandson was over to visit last night. First word he learned to say was Daddy, second was Tractor. We went for his first tractor ride last night. He looked at a Rod and Custom with me last night, was having a hard time saying hotrod, but he was trying. Can't start too early.

25. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think there is a future for hotrodding,These are my grandsons.they looks how I feel when flying down the road.Happy fathers day and from a grandpas point of view,it just keeps getting better.