Register now to get rid of these ads!

dig up car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manacoem, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You're new around here, aren't you?;):rolleyes:

2. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Simple fix!
    Just line the container with rebar, throw in a couple of boxes of Wash Soda and turn on the battery charger.
    She'll be pristine in no time!!!

3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

that looks like the kopper kart,,,,,,that's REALLY where it went!

4. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

just leave that F@#$%^in thing buried!!

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

Couple of things I'm wondering about....

If there are all those waterlines on the walls, doesnt that mean water could get in AND out?

And, if the Bag that the Car is in held, wouldn't that make it float?

6. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

The way Tulsa works is they'd give whoever the car and then nail them for being out of compliance with the city ordinances. It'll be another way Tulsa can screw people out of more money for their blunder.

Also knowing how the idiots that run Tulsa work, this car was probably registered, tagged and titled, with the Oklahoma Title notorized and signed 'open' for the next owner. When this poor sap goes down to register it into their name, they'll probably have to pay through the ass for the 50 years worth of penalties and fees because the previous owner didn't keep up the registration. THey'll also probably want to look and verify the notary's address and commission to make sure it isn't forged...

What a bunch of clowns...

Have you been to Tulsa lately? I now live in what is being loosely termed as 'Little Mexico'.....

Yellow and blue make green... or is it orange?

Exactly what I'm saying.

With all of the water that's in it, I'm sure this'd work! I had this thought run through my mind as well... Heh..

7. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I wondered about this too. Supposedly the bag was supposed to protect the car from the elements for up to 1200 years or something like that.

We'll see.

8. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

I don't get it why they didn't make the lid big enough and with a ridge so it would sit 'over' the walls.
    If water came from the top, that would at least have prevented this mess somewhat me thinks.

But indeed if the waterlevel could also drop again by either evaporation (but where to) or drain out of the tomb again, there must be a large crack on the bottom somewhere.

Anyhow, I don't think the bag is air or watertight by looking at the way it's on the car. It seems to me the car is also wet.
    If they sprayed the car complete with cosmoline, the outside won't look too bad I guess.... but the inside, interior and stuff will be shot. You'll better off finding an ex Katrina-car than this one.

9. Matty Dog

Matty Dog

[​IMG]
    This method of lifting seems a bit optomistic to me. I have a picture in my mind of lifting noodles out of a bowl with chopsticks;)

"May I suggest a large sive, sir?"

10. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

You probably can't tell, but the last picture in the gallery that I posted is of the drivers side tail-fin tip that has ripped through the bag and the chrome strip is stained rusty brown.
    I think the bag would have done a great job of keeping the moisture next to the car so the rust will have a prime environment to thrive.

CRAB

11. Chevychopper

Chevychopper
    from Smyrna, DE

Did i read that the winner of the car is the person who best guessed the population of Tulsa in 2007? I just hope, whoever put the winning guess in for the car was no older than 3 years old in 1957 so they can have enough time to restore the car and enjoy it!

12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

13. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yep.....probably wasn't that well sealed, waterlines from seasons of heavy rain....or sewage as was mentioned:eek:

As for the bag....take a ziplok and fill it with rocks and seal it up. Throw it in the lake.....see what happens.......:D

I'm guessing this car will be in better shape than the posts make it out to be.......we'll see.....

14. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Anybody coming into town for the car dig, after paying our money-grubbing mayor to see a rusted out hulk. Come down to the Mercury Lounge where you can see rusty-out cars displayed daily for free.

On stage this weekend.
    Fri: the Josh Davis Band
    Brandon Jenkins

Sat: killer midwestern zombie surf with the Riptides

15. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Ahhhh...but 57 Plymouths aren't solid core like a rock are they!?!?
    During the D-Day landings Sherman TANKS were driven ashore by being sealed in bag like bottom skirts!
    It's all about displacement of water...

16. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Hey, I have a good idea, lets bury a car and dig it up in 50 years. Crap, what were they on anyway? Nothing but gunnite and some paperfoil to protect it 20 feet away from the vibrations of a busy street. How did those people escape the food chain?

17. Bobaloo

Bobaloo
    from Tulsa, OK

I know looking back we can think of lots of ways to have done this differently. You have to remember it was "1957" and they had that mentality. People had nuclear war shelters built and stocked with food just waiting for the big one to hit. Hell...Pat Boone had the number one song on radio this week in 1957!!! They worked with the most up to date materials they had for 1957. I'm sure we're doing some crazy shit today that people in the future will say why did they do it that way?

18. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

someone said he was involved in this somehow.....

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Some of you can rag all you want about this car. Sounds like jealousy to me.
    I'd take that car any day of the week...and in any condition it turns out to be.....whether it could be driven with a little work...or it turns out to be yard art.....let me have it !

20. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

I heard he and his crew were there to try and get it started.:confused:

21. Bobaloo

Bobaloo
    from Tulsa, OK

Yup. He and his crew were supposed to be the ones getting her presentable and started. The heads of the whole thing now say that it will be displayed as is. No cleanup or spit shine;)

22. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

I bet the interior of the car smells funny

23. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

i bet the motor is locked up. or those dumb asses forget to take the plugs out and hydro lock the motor.

24. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Wouldn't Boyd rather just toss in a 350/350?

25. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

AHAHAHA! YIKES! keep him away! "uncleaannnn!! UNCLLEEAANN!!"

26. No. In order for the bagged car to float it would have to weigh less than the amount of water that it displaces.

27. if the organizers read the hamb they would have know to drain the vault and fill it up with white vinegar about six months ago.......

28. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

Im here in tulsa. the car looks perfect!!!!!!!its unbeleivable!! ill post pics later..........

29. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

fuckin tease! lol:eek:

30. budd

budd

i`m excited about seeing this car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.