Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 Buick - Using a Corvette booster and master

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gary N, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Gary N

Gary N
    from Maryland

So, I have some '01 Corvette parts that I would like to use in my '50 for the brake system. I have a booster, master and reservoir. There are two lines that run out from the master. In the Vette they would run to ABS controller. From the ABS controller, there 4 lines out, 1 to each caliper. For the '50, could I just run one of the two lines from the reservoir to a T for the front brakes, and the other line to a T for the rear brakes? I guess I would need some kind of proportioning set up?

Thanks for any help!

Gary

2. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Have you converted that car to disc brakes? The disc brakes that the vette master was designed for require a lot more fluid than your Buick drums will take. I'd think you'd have a very sensitive pedal with this setup. Also, the lack of residual valves for the disc master will need to be dealt with or you'll have to pump your brakes everytime you wanna stop. I don't know what to tell you about the ABS stuff...

3. Gary N

Gary N
    from Maryland

I would have discs all the way around. But, is there a better choice use? I was hoping to use what I have.

Gary

4. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

You've got a '50 Buick with discs at all 4 corners and you're worried about using what you've got for a master? How'd you put discs on all 4 corners of a '50 Buick?

5. Gary N

Gary N
    from Maryland

Would have is the key word. I'm planning on using a Fatman front clip and camaro rear.

6. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

...you're banned.

7. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

So, you're dropping $2k on a front-end kit but you're gonna reuse an incorrect master to get around dropping $200 on the right one? Kinda seems backwards to me...

8. Gary N

Gary N
    from Maryland

OK, I get it......sorry I asked!