Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 Model A Update - Dual 94's, Subframe, Seats, ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jspencer916, Jun 11, 2007.

1. jspencer916

jspencer916

I've found a small amount of time (and even less money) to do some work on the '29 5-Window, so I thought I'd take a minute and post the progress.

Here is a shot from a couple months ago that shows the old 2-Barrel intake and Cal Custom valve covers.

[​IMG]

I finally finished rebuilding the Holley 94's that I bought last year and set them up on a Vintage Speed adapter. I made up the velocity stacks with exhaust tips from the parts store and mesh filters I found online. The throttle linkage and fuel lines are just simple but effective stuff I threw together.

[​IMG]

I'll keep this rolling with some more shots when I have some more time to post.

2. 067chevy

067chevy

where did you get those valve covers? nice ride very nice

3. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

looks good
    i like the iron crosses in the visor

thats tooo kool, if you dont mind me asking how did you do that

4. the-rodster

the-rodster

Fordolet stock valve covers.

Rich

5. jspencer916

jspencer916

My bad ass chic of a wife came across those while browsing egay for valve covers for her truck.

I've never seen any like them and thought they would be a sweet item for the rod.

I have no idea who made them, but they are aluminum, ribbed, have the ford script emblem and made for a sbc. Who'd have thought?

What could be better for a sbc powered model a?

[​IMG]

6. jspencer916

jspencer916

Thanks, I made a template out of sheetmetal and then laid out the patterns and cut them with a plasma cutter. I left the jagged edges from the plasma for a rougher look.

7. jspencer916

jspencer916

Cut out the old sheetmetal floor and welded in a subframe of 1" square tube.
    Layed 1/2" expanded metal sheet for a floorpan (great for air flow, shitty for puddles). Bolted it down for easier removal for maintenance.
    I also took the opportunity to rewire and reroute some stuff while I was down there.

[​IMG]

8. jspencer916

jspencer916

Recovered the seats with some red canvas and redid the padding for a little more comfort on long trips.

[​IMG]

This shot shows the floor pan and drive shaft pretty well.

[​IMG]