Register now to get rid of these ads!

ok found custom truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Right arm ed, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Why hasn't Barris recreated the CC? This would get him some favorable attention for a change.

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Getting there! She still need red listick and the parasol to make her look "DAINTY"!

Love the other car choices! VERY Ol Skool!

3. olskool37

olskool37

I gotta question... what the hell y'all got against Ol Skool Rodz? If it wasnt for their magazines hitting the newstands,(out in public view unlike JJ) about the same time I was looking at lowrider mags...I might be bulding a 'Bomb" of somesorts. After hooking up with their forum, only then did I learn of the HAMB, in a good way no less. I see more bashing here than I do there. People seem a little more cynical here as well, "Intro!" "gotta do an intro first". Why?,.. you aint shit without an intro? Get over yourselves! Geeze-o-man! And this guy, postin picks of a mystery truck, any different than Ryan postin a pick of a Mystery drag frame? Granted it might be B/S, and Ryan's is legit,... but on the other hand.. it could be someones attempt at a KK restoration, and MAYBE all this guy is trying to do is to get some decent input. As for the title, anyone in the old car hobby should know something of the Kopper Kart, hell didnt they make models/diecasts of it? Its public knowledge, and maybe hes pulling from this public knowledge for a reference of sorts. Whatever it is,... its far beyond a barnfind stocker and deserves some form of recognition. If you have a problem believing him.. then dont worry about this thread,.. simple. I hope it is the damn KK and all the doubting Thomas' out there are left eating their own shit. Wish I lived a little closer.. Id be out there helping this guy load it up and send him of with the best of luck! To finish this off folks,.. just watch your words, the pen/keyboard is mightier than the sword, the guy you piss off today may be the guy that would've helped you out tomorrow....

I'll probly end up regreting posting my opinion, but Im just used to being able to do it freely over on OSR,.. and lemme guess, someone just though, "well then go back to OSR",.. right? damn kids these days...

Right Arm Fred... if you catch this, post some picks if you get it back home, or start the work, keep us posted,...
    IF your screwing with us, you get a B- for your efforts :) but lets not try it again

4. olskool37

olskool37

I just realized I wasted too much time on that....I got a garage to go work on

5. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Thats not the Kopper Kart................. if you study the pics.... the dash hump is of the the larger 1958-1959 variety..... not like the smaller 55-57 "V" gauge panel dash.......

its a nice try but study the pics.........

6. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

ABSOLUTELY no difference in the dash hump from '55 through '59. I have one of each year.

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Since you asked. Fuck it- I'll stand alone with an opinion most silent people share, but will only offend the people who will speak up.

8. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

It could be that the guy thought he might have something and in order to try to validate the item, posted it here. I would say in order to prevent getting it scooped out from underneath him, but he gave us too much info on where it was; I would say rather than looking like an idiot.

I do have to say that the "if it's a clone, it's getting crushed" sounded a little ridiculous. If that were so, you wouldn't have bought it off the guy to begin with. Unless, that is, you like wasting money.

9. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

Hey where can I find that hot little french number?:D

10. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Jeeez, I was gone for 3 days at Sledscene East, and come back, and you guys still haven't solved the mystery for sure?
    I guess the consensus is that is was a clone, or attempt at one, that was abandoned? Not a very good clone at that!
    Any input on who right arm ed is?

This is really bumming me out!

11. exactly what I was wondering.
    thats a seriously hip phone though, I dont even understand why it was in there.

12. I dig the eyeballs checking out the hairy tits....yummy!

13. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Whatever,.............. I may have the models mixed up.......... 1ton ..1/2 ton,... Chevy,... GMC...... but, I have seen the larger Dash panels many times..... and if you know GM trucks then you would have too.

just look at the pics,. the top of the dash just doesnt look right.......

14. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

The GMCs used a different gauge cluster at least on the '58/'59s. They did kind of an ugly, newer styled set-up instead of the "V". I'm having a hard time recalling if it changed the hump above the cluster, but Chevy ran the "V" from '55-'59.

15. Right arm ed

Right arm ed
    from new jersey

16. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

The.

(I fixed the punctuation for you so no one will give you a hard time).

Seriously though....why crush it just because it's a clone?

17. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Theres nothing wrong with it being not the original........

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yes, but only if you spell it wead.

19. Right arm ed

Right arm ed
    from new jersey

sorry. I went to pa and got the truck. found out the story behind it. a little old man and his son started is in 1984 .They left it in a barn the barn fell down .that why it had no leaves on it. I brought the truck to chopolds shop he said it was junk.we took off the stud pans and little parts. taillight was nice but not real . it was a cool find thanks for all the input and jokes . right arm ed.

20. Right arm ed

Right arm ed
    from new jersey

will send pics of truck in scrap yard .

21. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

All right chopolds lets hear your take on this thing!!

22. Wild_47

Wild_47

Well i wasted the last 20 minutes reading every post on this but atleast it turned into a great laugh. I dont mind ol skool rods and this is too funny.

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hey, quit fucking with us, we's intelligent.

24. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you bought it! And you're now taking it to the scrap yard??? Don't even try to make something out of it? Or part it out here on the HAMB? Or egay? What a bogus story.

25. John Denich

John Denich

Ya sounds like a load of shit, If I found that truck I would be building that thing not junking it....this guy seems like a dick.

26. Right arm ed

Right arm ed
    from new jersey

did you see the one vic and chopolds are building . this was a piece off shit compared to theres. if i was to build it it would probably look like a piece shit ! Got the truck for free. and a good story to tell .

27. Even if it's a POS, why not chuck it on eBay as a clone? I bet it would sell for more than scrap. Which, given it's just a body shell, can't be more than 75 bucks, loaded in that bed with all the pieces.

28. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Yeah you'd make more than a scrap price and not even have to haul the thing.

29. BEDSLEAD

BEDSLEAD
    from ONTARIO CA

who cares build it and make it your own!!!!

30. Then again, given some recent eBay Q&A retards, maybe you are better off crushing it. I have about three cars that are going right down to the crusher if one more joker offers me $50 for any of them when I can get more than twice that for it as scrap metal.