Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many square feet??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by COS, Jun 7, 2007.

1. COS

COS
    from KCMO

How many square feet of material it would take to cover the front/rear seats ,headliner and door panels of a 48 chevy 2-dr sedan???

-COS

2. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Why don't you measure and tell us? I'm no interior guy but if you measured all sides and dimensions I can't see it using much more than that put together. Add on a little for good measure and your on your way.

3. COS

COS
    from KCMO

I understand that but...1. I am not around the car right now 2. Do not know how much overage to get (i.e. tunk n roll) 3. Need to know by 5pm Cali time 4. Got a great line on some stuff and if I don't tell them by 5 I am going to miss out!!!

I am in a pinch!!

-COS

4. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Anybody?? Close guess?? I was thinking like 7 to 8 hides??? Do you think I am that far off???

-COS

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

In that case order alot and sell the rest after the fact. Didn't realize you were in a rush, in that case I retract my previous statement. Sorry I can't be more help, I can tell you how much paint you would need to cover a 48 Chevy.

6. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Thants ok man...I didn't let you know that up front I wish I could get this figured out quick....

-COS

7. Spridle

Spridle

I just asked a guy close to the same Q. He said that a decent hide should be about 50-60 sq ft. And that leather prob wont stay up for a headliner. He says you might get the side pieces( door panels) done with 1. Then figger about 2 for the front and 2 for the back.

8. Spridle

Spridle

see if Oldcarmike is on now.