Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie Kansas City, Missouri/Kansas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bztech, Jun 7, 2007.

1. bztech

bztech
    from KC

New guy here... lurking a little bit and started making a few posts. Live in KCMO and don't really have a rod but I work around alot of em. There always seems to be some stuff rolling in and out of my buddies shop and we've got a 53 chev coupe we're building. I work in the aftermarket for a big wheel manufacturer and I do a bit of freelance writing and photography. Write mostly for a *gasp* Nissan magazine and some cd reviews, etc. Looking to branch out and do something w/ some of the good rod mags out there or maybe even some stuff for JJ articles. Photography background is mostly automotive and concert/band photography. Any of you KC guys who wanna give up a few hours and help a brother out with some subject matter (your car) I'm happy to oblige with some digital files that you can do what you want with :).

Currently in my stable my "oldest" car is a 78 merc zephyr 2dr. Think fairmont... its clean straight beater. I'm playing w/ how I'm gonna do it still. We'll see. Anyways.. hope to see some of you guys out at the shows. I'll be the kid w/ the big camera around his neck.

2. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

Cool...
    Welcome...

3. warbozz

warbozz

Welcome aboard officially. I'm here in Independence. Sure could use the engine out of a '78 Zephyr for my Falcon. :cool:

4. bztech

bztech
    from KC

LOL its a 2.3L 4 banger actually! Mileage miser! It runs like a top.. 55K original old lady miles. I was thinkin of swappin it for a 2.3L turbocoupe or svo motor though. Right now I'm just tryin to get it lookin decent.

What motor you want for that falcon? I could see what we have layin around :)

5. Dougan

Dougan

Welcome! Glad to see more KC area HAMBers.

6. Welcome. What sort of photo equipment do you use? I have a bit of old nikon 35mm that I have not used in years and the digital cameras have got me interested again.