Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBANDY update June 5th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Jun 5, 2007.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey everone.............

Sorry late reply with the Andy update, but since my vacation work has me in a state of shock.

I was lucky enough to hook up with Andy and Chris at a car show a couple weekends back. Hard to believe that such a ill little boy still has the desire to be around cars....

Andy is still bravely fighting the chordoma, but he is and refuses to give up..........thankfully.

Chris has found a surgen who says he can remove this monster and give him a 2nd chance at life. Now to convince the Canadian medical system to send him to the USA. But...................Chris is taking him any way........

Keep out little hamb buddy in your thoughts............

Reguards
    Leon

2. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks Leon. I'm sending you the good stuff, HAMBAndy - hang in there...

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I'm hoping to see him at the Drags this year.. if not this year, then NEXT YEAR!

4. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Keep fighting the good fight Andy.

5. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Damn, Andy, hang in there, remember you were going to come to Cali, soon.

6. movingviolation

movingviolation

Oh crap..............forgot.

All Andy is wanting to do right now is get well so he can go to the hamb drags. So fingers crossed...................................

Reguards
    Leon

7. 29ZZ4FORD

29ZZ4FORD
    from NWFLA

Sounds like some good news. Thanks for the update. Hang in there Andy.

8. Good to hear some news on the fella...

Hang in there Andy!!

9. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Whats with the Canada DR's not wanting to operate??

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'm glad to hear that someone thinks they may be able to help Andy. Will the surgery be before or after the drags? If he is well enough to go to the drags, tell him we will make sure he is there. I sure would like to meet him. He is a great inspiration. Please do keep us posted.

Doc.

11. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Have we raised enough money to send Andy to the Drags this year, if he is able?
    I probably missed the post if there was one.

12. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

P.S. When I was sick and at The Mayo I saw quite a few Canadians. Yet many brag about their national health care. Confusing??

13. movingviolation

movingviolation

Generally our health care is awsome, but in the case of chordoma.........there are few who know anything about it. The ones in Canada operated once and they failed to retrieve all the tumor. Chris has gone to the end of his rope and found this Dr. in Washington who is supposed to be the cats ass and feels he can do it. The medical system here is a tough sell when it comes to sending people to the usa for procedures. Only thing i know for sure....... no one here is giving up. Andy is a great kid, and a fighter all the way. If the Goverment dont pony up we will just have to fund raise the ass out of the province and shame the goverment.

Keep our Hamber in your thoughts folks............. he wants to be at the drags and talks to his dad about it all the time.

Reguards
    Leon

14. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Leon, Thanks so much for the latest on Andy !

Andy, Keep fighting this Andy, you can lick it man ! I know you will be down here shortly enjoying the HAMB Drags ! Looking forward to seeing you driving your Model "A" Coupe soon !

41 Dave