Register now to get rid of these ads!

Our Paso Adventure; Day One, Thursday- Brizio's Shop & Vern Tardel's Flathead Ranch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jun 4, 2007.

1. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Great pic's as usual...thanks for the "tour".

2. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Thanks for posting! I can't wait for part 2.

3. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Damn Denise great stuff as usual.

Considering the amount of shows you've been too and the people you've met, you need to write a book, Big Olds' Big Adventures, with pics of course

4. phat rat

phat rat

congrats Denice you finally made it to Verns. It's as neat a place as I said it was isn't it?

5. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, the Flathead Ranch is amazing. The photos I've seen in magazines don't even appear to do it justice. But how on earth does he ever find anything?

Thanks for sharing that, HRLC.

-Dave

6. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

great pics,thanks

7. Denise, the first installment of your much-anticipated post looks great, as usual.:)

Thanks to you and Megan, this was the trip of a lifetime for me!

Folks, HRLC's planning skills are beyond awesome. She opens doors I could only dream of. And Megan's knowledge of all things automotive is amazing. She's a damn good driver, as well.

An interesting observation: When visiting the shops and meeting the craftsmen and owners, most of the time they would initially direct comments and questions to me (the guy). As the conversations progressed it would become suddenly apparent that the ladies knew hot rods. It was fun to wait for the instant that the proverbial "light bulb" would go on over their heads. They were taken aback for a moment, then recover and continue the conversations, immediately accepting the ladies as fellow rodders.

Denise and Megan are genuine hardcore hot rod chicks. They kept looking for an "Old Guys Rule" t-shirt for me but I gotta tell you Hot Rod Chicks Rule! This old guy doesn't even come close!

8. Alex, it was great meeting you and your wife and thanks so much for the shop tour, most impressive! You're right, it was the trip of a lifetime! Thanks!

9. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Thanks for the tour Denise!

I don't think the donuts and bagles had much to do with the hospitality.

But,when two fine looking CUPCAKES show up at the shop door,prorities seem to change!

Excellent coverage,my dear,and thanks again.

10. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Thanks for sharing, great post....as usual.
    DD

11. stan292

stan292

Denise -

Another great report from the group's goodwill ambassador. I think Ryan should make that title "official" and add it to the marquee on the site. You are a delight!

Thanks for sharing the amazing life you've made for yourself. Travelling to the places and events you do - and meeting the wonderful folks along the way - has to be every HAMBer's dream (well, it's mine anyway).

Take care.

12. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

You're my favorite Reporter, Denise!
    Thanks for doing another great job in documenting another adventure.

13. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

We swung by his shop just to see where it was located and low and behold he and his wife were just leaving for the night. We were greeted warmly by Alex and introduced to his lovely wife. Chatted for a few minutes then said our goobyes. We checked into a hotel a couple of blocks away and headed out for a bite to eat. Once back in the room we called it a nite and fell asleep dreaming of the next day in our Paso adventure.

Megan with her member
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]Hey it was great meeting you guys Sat. Would have tagged along, but my son wasn't interested in hanging around people he didn't know. Especially with all the cars we had yet to see. Glad you guys had a great trip, looking forward to future updates and the continuing saga of Megan's love affair with her member:D

14. Abomination

Abomination

Ditto. The boy that wrapped her member likes her - check out the pic. :)

Megan and "member boy", sitting in a tree...

~Jason

15. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

that flathead ranch is too cool !

16. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

The Flathead Ranch is beyond cool. I could stay there for weeks. There are sooo many neat projects in process to look at. True craftsmen at work.

The trip was nothing other than spectacular. We all traveled really well together. When you are with Denise it is amazing just how much of Cali you can cover in 4 short days! Boy does she like to take pictures. What you see here is just a small fraction of her photos. Everytime you turn around she snapping another photo!

I'll add some more photos to the post later. I am excited to see day two and I was even with her!

17. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Denise! You ROCK!!!!!

18. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"Man those boys at Brizios are nice…..I wonder if the donuts had anything to do with that?…."

You made a BIG mistake, there...if you'd passed out your cookies instead of some lousy donuts, the guy would have rolled out the Kart and handed you the keys...thought you had better social skills than that! Sheesh!

19. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Thanks for the pics and stories, can't wait for part two.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm thrilled you guys are enjoying our adventure. I'll get Day Two up ASAP, in the meantime Megan PLEASE add your photos, observations and comments. I'm sure others would enjoy them as well.:cool: ....maybe even a photo or two of you playing with your new member at home.:D :D :D

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek: (Me, slapping my hand against my forehead).....Now why didn't I think of that!!??!! :eek:

I must be getting slow in my old age.:D

22. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I wonder if it'll be the first THREE time winner of the show...
    Vern's place looks like my house, just 20 times more and MUCH better organized...

23. great thread. Looks like a hell of a trip. Looking forward to meeting you in Wendover.

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You mean she won't be sleeping with her member any longer???:D

(She's going to kill me for all these:p )

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Me, Megan and Larry all plan on doing the trip together in August. That too will be an adventure worth posting

26. Big Tony

Big Tony

Man you take some of the kewlest vacations, Thanks for sharing and I can't wait til the next one.

27. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

Uh hey that sure is a purty purse Megan has there!

Glad to see you guys had a good time...cant wait to see more..

Larry you are one lucky guy! Hangin out with two pretty gals that know their shit!

Megan....So who you got in mind to stripe your roadster?:rolleyes:

Denise you are coming to the Rock and Race in july right?Larry? Maybe a meet and greet by the stripers booth?

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

[/quote]
    We then decided to take a break and head out for lunch. It was very nice and relaxing to be able to sit, share a meal together and just get to know Vern and hear some of his stories. I’m hoping he enjoyed our company as well and didn’t mind us taking up so much of his time.
    [​IMG][/quote]

Dag- your purse made the whole Paso trip! I got lots of compliments on it from the Orca Betties!

29. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

It was nice seeing you too, Denise! ;)

Excellent photo essay!! :cool:

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm certainly planning on it. In fact I gave out a bunch of flyers at my Hot Rod Luau for that event. See ya there!