Register now to get rid of these ads!

ATTENTION BUICK NAILHEAD Guys! New Roller Rocker Arms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Aug 20, 2005.

1. telriv

telriv
    from Conn.

2. Shag

Shag

I have dealt with Tom in the past (bought one of his starters) and have been waiting for years for the roller rockers to come to fruition. Glad you finally have them done to your liking Tom. I sold all of my Nailhead stuff a couple of years ago to pay for my dragster. Never could solve my fitment problems of putting a Nailhead into a early 60's dragster frame with out substantionally changing it as well as doing it on the cheap. That is a long story and I understand Tom and his tenaciousness. I attempted to build a FED with a Nailhead just like I build my cars, at home on the cheap using junkyard and swapmeets as my primary source of parts. With the end result being actually being able to race the car ALL the time not just at some "nostalgia" race. After 3 years I gave up, bought a finished FED with a SBC and went racing. Tom glad to see you have reached your goal.

3. telriv

telriv
    from Conn.

Shag, thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry you were not able to attain your goal. Some things take more time than we all have on our hands. How's the Mag doin'??? I'm sure you have your hands full with all the things you have goin' on.
    Lee is makin' progress on his Nail powered dragster. Just finished havin' a stroker crank welded up & then I threw a monkey wrench into it. I'll have to give him a call & a heads up on the dyno testing I've done. Have a few more dyno tests coming up in the near future on the Rockers. Thank God after more than 5 years this project has come to fruition. I almost threw the towel in a few times. But even after all the pitfalls I feel it was still worth it for the improvement in airflow gained.

Again, thanks,

Tom Telesco

4. telriv

telriv
    from Conn.

5. telriv

telriv
    from Conn.

Last chance. BTTT

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Tom,

Are the rockers ready to ship now ?

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Tom's Rocker Arms are very nice !

8. Detroit Rivi

Detroit Rivi
    from A.P. Mi

I'll find out in a little bit, mine are ordered:D

9. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Tom delivered a set to me about a month ago, they look excellent. I have them at work along with a set of heads and intake I am doing and for the car.
    I have known about the project for years, shortly after he started on it, however paying the mortgage and two young kids kept the money situation tight until I recently sold off a bunch of stuff to buy the rockers and a few other things I needed.
    Tom really is a stand up guy. He has put a lot of effort/time/$$$ into these rockers and is very knowledgeable on the Nailheads in general.
    I think he only has a couple of sets left of the original 50 he had made. If you are interested, I recommend finding the money somewhere, I just went through the garage and started selling stuff that I had extras of or just wouldn't use in 100 years. It was well worth it.

10. telriv

telriv
    from Conn.

All of the 1st. 50 sets are sold. Another run of 50 sets will be made when I have received 35 deposits. Once this has been accomplished I will run the next 50 sets. A deposit of $450.00 is required. The sooner I receive the required amount of deposits the sooner this can happen. Run time should be within a couple months of the completed number of deposits. The results that have been posted so far are nothing short of amazing!!!! This is not from my mouth but from those who have installed & have been using them. I have put forth a lot of time & effort, as well as R&D & $$$$$$$ over the years. All the preliminary bugs have been worked out as far as tooling & holding fixture. Wait time should be minimal.

Tom Telesco

11. telriv

telriv
    from Conn.

I'm doing the next run of 50 sets. I was told by the machine shop that I will have them in about 2 weeks. They will be priced at $850.00. I have also had new shafts made that are slightly thicker walled which are $100.00 per pair. To see some results others have had so far go to www.V8Buick.com Click on search & type in "Tom's Roller Rockers". Lots of questions can be answered as well as installation. This has been a long process, but the resulting benefits totally outweigh any drawbacks.

Tom Telesco

12. nail-head

nail-head

Are these the same rockers sold by TA Performance?

Did Tom license/sell the design to them?

Is anyone else making them? It looks like $900.00 if I want rollers...

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell yeah, are these still avaliable? I want a set for my Nailhead. What other cool parts are out there I dont know about!

14. Wicked50

Wicked50

What is the going price for a set of these