Register now to get rid of these ads!

thought some HAMBers might like this car...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carbs & Chrome, Jun 5, 2006.

1. I have finally figured out how to resize the pictures!! here are some i took the other day. i will get some good ones of engine mounts and hardware like that this week end. Later..

Attached Files:

2. Asshole Garage

Asshole Garage
    BANNED
    from Sandy Utah

HRP, Dude you have a 99.5 % approval rating, some of the guys who were questioning things were just expressing concern, with more detailed pics and if you have have been lucky enough to have seen this thing in person or have ridden in it (count me as one lucky asshole!) your concerns will vanish! The car drives like you can't believe! Smooth and comfortable :eek: yes, even for an old fart like me!
    The best thing about this build was, Therapy, It helped the kid thru some rough personal times. Luckily things have settled out and he has survived and grown because of it, This car started out as a cowl and a pair of doors the rear of the body was build out of a Ford truck hood, the frame is hand built the only factory part is the rear x-member, the 48 engine was obtained in a trade, the blower was a swap meet find, in fact the car was built around the blower, it was the first piece in the puzzle! I'm so proud of this guy !!

3. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Thats not a turbo....it`s a supercharger....

4. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

I coulda swore i saw this one on ebay like a year or two ago???
    I thank...

5. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Got ta be one of the coolest car out there!!!:cool:

6. Asshole Garage

Asshole Garage
    BANNED
    from Sandy Utah

No way you'll see this one on e-bay, maybe something similar, but not this one.
    Hey, all you Inspector General types, lets see if you can figure out where the batteries are. Hint #1 yes, there are two. Hint #2 the seats sit flat on the floor. Check out the pics and take your best shot.

7. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

GREAT video footage... snow and all

8. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

There in the army bags on the back panel.

I really like this car. the details are crazy once you really start looking at it. Something like this has to be studied before you can pass judgement. Its rad, and thats all i have to say about that.

9. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

AMEN to that ! ( O/T - hey Asshole Garage ,you got a larger pic of your avatar ?)

10. Here are some more pictures of the chassis and mounts and shit like that. The batterys are not in the bags.. the bags are for tools and oil.

Attached Files:

11. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Great work. Not 100% my taste (it needs paint IMO) but that is a slick little modified. Also the neatest driveline I've seen in a long time. Thought I'd drop my two cents.

12. Note the car is not done and i have been with out a garage to do any real work in so the things like the body and other items are still under construction. Thoe body is held to the frame with six mounts each having 2, 3/8 bolts and rubber padding for the mount. Now i know the air filter is fast furious and just plain looks like shit! i have plans to use a differnt filter and cover it with some tin like the originals looked like. the under side of the car will be gatting a belly pan to seal the floor and to keep the bottom of the car cleaner than it is now. The stock a tank has been fitted over the trans tower and the patch is made up of 5 pieces soldered in not welded the fan shroud to has been soldered to gether as well.

Attached Files:

13. Zerk

Zerk

Nice construction detail shots. I'd been hoping you'd put up more pics!

14. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Are they in the little bags next to the seats?

15. .02: I like almost any car that's cost as many hole saws as this one!

16. junior 1957

junior 1957

i watched the video of your car a while back, the photos confirm my first impression. that is one of the most inspiring rods ever, rat, hot, street, whatever. its just cool:)

17. Asshole Garage

Asshole Garage
    BANNED
    from Sandy Utah

I kinda thought the kid would pick up on the battery mystery, but here is the answer, He used two batterys from a portable jumper pack, they are gel filled and can be mounted in any position, they are only a few inches wide and are mounted flat, under the car's floor boards , one on each side of the driveline!!

18. Concrete B

Concrete B

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. I think this car is insane. I'm personally into craftsmanship, no matter what type of vehicle or rod you are building. This car deserves a cool name, and if it doesn't offend your automotive morals, you should call it "PACKRAT"

19. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

amen! Build it how YOU want it. I'm tired of the guys with no originality of their own bagging on the guys trying something new, or building something to their own liking

good for you for not building a cookie cutter hotrod.

Car looks rad by the way..

20. looz nutz

looz nutz

This thing is beautifull, I have not seen anybody put together(Except the high end shops)a nice car like this one. When I first saw the video I was blown away(hehehehehe), so much so that a fellow hamber had a packard motor that he was giving away for free. I picked it up and it will be going in my next model T. Who gives a shit about what people think. If we worried so much as to what people think out lives would be misserable. I say enjoy your life just like the song says"Like if you were dying" cause you never know when your gig is up. Quadruple thumbs up!!! Say can you post some tech on how you got the supercharger to work in the blow trhough for these carbs? You are the man Mr Packard!!!

21. Stone

Stone

I don't know how I missed this post when it came back to the top. I like it. Different and built to your taste. What more could you ask for?

22. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I don't mean it as a slam- that car is EXCEPTIONALLY constructed, but every time I see these cars of this style I ask repeatedly to myself "WHY is the rear lower than the front?" Is it because it looks better to the builder- or because it's easier to sink the body on the ground than the engine? The small back tires too are always something I wonder about. Just had to ask. Thanks Jim

See, the frame looks parallel to the ground- but the body is channeled more in the rear than the cowl. It's like a beach chair laid wayyy back.
    The rear tires aren't small I guess, but not really any taller than the fronts which are on bigger rims with a shorter tire.

23. damnfingers

damnfingers

I have to admit I was one of the non-believers when I saw the original photos. I'm glad it was revived because now I totally love it (not that that owner gives a s**t one way or the other).

Drive it till the roads wear out....

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Wicked!!! i bet thats a wild ride

25. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Here's one a guy built down here in Kiwiland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Rat Rod.

Sam.

27. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

What I have a hard time with is some of the guys on H.A.M.B. can look at a couple snap shots of a car and then they can tell you everything that is wrong with it! Heaven forbid if you if it has red wheels or happens to resemble another car!
    Your car is neat looking and I for one am looking forward to seeing it in person sometime, to bad you didn't make it up to Tony's party up in Idaho last week-end those guys would have drooled all over it. NICE CAR!

28. jr9162

jr9162

I really like the car. Want more info on the engine and tranny. Can you give us some specifications?

29. There is lots going on with the motor. The engine now is a 1952 Packard 327 5 main bored to 333. new pistons stock solid 288 cam and a Norm Frick head. Blower is running about 4 pounds now. Isky him self is making me a secret cam to make the engine scream. Talked to Ed and first thing he asked is do you care how it idles? I said the lumper the better after all its a hot rod so lets make it sound like one.
    The blower is not drien to what it should be, but i didnt have the tools to produce the needed pullys to make it perform to it liking. I have the machines now to make all the needed items this winter.
    The trans is a 48 Packard 3 speed with over drive with a Bendix RD-9 over drive standard. The over drive is 29 to 30 percent. the car grows real long legs in OD. The shift tower is off a 35 to 37 Packard trans and modified to fit the later box. Since this post started the car has changed alot.
    Check out you tube, Supercharged Packard inline 8. To hear it run.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  30. karskustoms

karskustoms

the supercharged packard is one kool kar the craftsmanship is great like see fresh and new/old