Register now to get rid of these ads!

You're Invited to a Hot Rod Luau

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 22, 2007.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Friday evening June 1st I'm throwing a Hot Rod Luau. I can't promise you any professional hula dancers but last time "SinglePaul, NoDudes" ended up wearing a grass skirt and pranced around abit with a couple of bambo poles.:eek:

Since lots of HAMB folks from far and wide are decending upon the Motor City for Billetproof next weekend I thought I'd throw alittle party together to kick the weekend off on the right start.

My street will be closed to thru traffic, I've hired a guy to roast a full pig on the premises, I'll have plenty of side dishes, beer, soft drinks and a portapot hired. Bonfire in the back once it gets dark. A $10 donation will get you a wristband which will enable you to eat and drink all you want. Come not hungry and with your own beverage and hang out for nothing.

Anytime after 6pm, winding down about 11 or 12, gots to get up early to head out to Billetproof.;)

Inside the house is full BUT if you want to camp in the backyard there is plenty of grass, trees and like I said earlier, a bonfire....oh yeah, and a potta pot available too.:D

If you'd like a room close by the Comfort Inn is 4 blocks away. 734-458-7111

The party address is
    29129 Oriole, Livonia, MI 48154
    734-673-6930

Enter Oriole from Jacquelyn ONLY, which runs east off Middlebelt, 4 blocks north of I-96. There will be a sign and cones on the corner of Jacquelyn and Oriole that states Hot Rods Only enter, drive around the sign and back into the curb on the right hand side of the street. Please do not block any driveways. Those that arrive close to 6pm will be instructed to park on the grass if you so wish. When you go to leave, pull out to your right and exit onto Garden. This method keeps everything flowing one way and smoothly.

My neighbors are all cool with this. I'm done it many times. Keeping everything under control avoids the police and a shut down of the party. Pls use your head and if you have any issues let me know. I'm the one that has to clean the street afterwards so please use the garbage cans provided.;)

Hope everyone can come out and have a good time.

Party prep has already started!
    [​IMG]

2. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

I'll bet that's going to be a great party!!!

3. elcornus

elcornus

I sure wish I was rich, instead of so good looking, cause I'd cruise the country year round, stoppin in on all the cool shows and parties and such.

Hats off to ya HRLC for throwing this party.

Look forward to meeting you at the Paso show.

Y'all have fun now, ya here!

4. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Sounds like a lot of fun, wish it was closer. Oh well, have fun and be safe!

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

that Larry makes the bestest signs.

I'd love to come up... we'll see what the clan has to say.

6. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Hats off to you Denise. Hope all the Hambers behave to some degee. Enjoy all !!

7. Cool!! I should finally be able to make this one!!:cool:

8. Working on getting my flowered shirt ready......and going for some pork in Motown!! Thanks Denise :)

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

dont you mean what the "clam" has to say mikey???:eek: ohh no i didnt...yes i did!!!:p

and yes, larry rocks!!!!i wsh i could make it denise....imma busy bee that weekend..:eek:

10. I will most likely be there. Still un-enjoyed, but finishing up personal projects.

11. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

denise-- too bad the timing isnt right. i actually married a hawaiian girl. both her and my daughter are hula dancers and have travelled the world doing so. too bad that we'll be a few weeks late!

-scott noteboom

12. Oh well....Bit far for us....but, we will see you tomorrow.

13. Denise,

Sounds like alot of fun, but a little far for me too. I guess I will have to wait for the photo coverage.

Saw this sign the other day, it made me think of you.

CBB

Attached Files:

14. kisam

kisam

Denise,
    Makes me want to book a flight! Enjoy and post the pics!
    Kathy

15. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

Sounds Like Fun. Im Gunna Thrash A Bit Faster Now That My Deadline Has Now Moved Back A Extra Day:d

16. RacerRick

RacerRick

I am there. I am going to THRASH on the 49' to get it down there!

17. hippie6

hippie6

I wish I could make it. I'll probly still be working on my car, but I will be at Billetproof!!! and so will my car!!!

18. You slacker:) I wanna go for a ride this weekend. Call me if you need a hand

19. BigChief

BigChief

Word on the street is there will be some HAMB CRACK available at the party too...... :)

-Bigchief.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Good to see some of you guys are going to be able to make it. Bummer that some of you others are too far away. We'll be thinking about ya and of course photos will be posted after the fact.:cool:

21. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Alright, girlfriend. I can still taste the cookies I ate in Paso, you made. I would be over at your house, dancing the HULA, in no time if I was not so far away.
    It was nice to meet you, in Paso.

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nice to meet you too sweetheart. It was a GREAT meet and greet. One thing though, and I'll mention it too in my Paso coverage thread, I did not make those cookies. WannaB's wife Toni did for you guys but she was too shy to pass them out herself so I did. They were delicious. I can't take credit.;) :D

See ya next year for sure.....and I want a ride next year too!

23. Sorry Denise, cant get up for what i know will be a great party, have lots of fun for me.

24. RacerRick

RacerRick

I have to find a place to crash. After the thrash on the 49' I am slightly poor. Ok....real poor. The $500 in parts in the last weeks has taken its toll on my wallet.

l may not make it in the 49'. I am still waiting on my distributor. It hasn't shown up yet.

25. I'd try to make it but its a bit far and you would only show that picture of me after the crow "blessed" me in Carmel around. Hope you had a great trip home!

Ted

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm going to post that photo whether you attend the pig roast or not.:p

The expression on your face is priceless.......and the poop showed up real clear. I love my new camera, gets all the juicy details.

27. Great!

Did you get lunch, and did you make it to the Blackhawk?

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, we ate beef tip, or whatever you guys call that, sandwiches at the place you recommended then headed out to Blackhawk. Got there in time to see both floors including the artwork. Amazing cars. More details, with photos, in my Paso adventure thread coming soon.;)

29. tri-tip, TRI-TIP!!!! Man, you need to start speaking Cali..... Looking forward to reading up on all your adventures :)

30. 62 wagon

62 wagon
    from DETROIT

So will I be geting laid as I enter????