Register now to get rid of these ads!

I asked Sellers how he made such organic looking welds. This is what he said...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gigantor, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 31modelo

31modelo

Now your just braggin, but I like it.

2. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I guess when you're on of the best.....

[​IMG]
    [/quote]

3. Spridle

Spridle

Im printing this thread out right now. Then Im putting it under my pillow. Hopefully I can wake up as an awsome welder guy.:rolleyes:

4. damn i seen these welds and knew who did them without readin the post .nice fish scales j.j. i checked out some of his welds 2 years agos at paso damn

5. jj mack

jj mack

I live in Texas but make it out to the west coast quite a bit on business. This week Ive been at a trade show in San Fran. I work with a couple of gearheads and we always manage to squeeze in some time checking out shops across the country. I'd been wanting to see Sellers for a while, so we made it fit the schedule today.

Didn't call ahead just dropped in.

I have to say he is a top notch cat.

One of the F'd up things about the internet and email is the not being able to read a person, i read the thread about him having an attitude...that is the furthest thing from the truth today.

Spent a couple of hours there talking about projects, techniques learned and just BS. I learned alot and have a lot of respect for Steve and his skills. He really wants to teach what he has learned. Seemed bumed about getting kicked off the HAMB, cause he likes help people out. I have to agree with him that there are haters out there beating people down, being critics with an attitude...and you have to stand up for yourself.

Good to meet you Sellers, keep up the good work!

Jimmy

6. Turbo442

Turbo442

You know, he is still on here and just posted a few days ago. I did see mention of what may have been the "bad attitude" post and it didn't seem to be all that. Looks like anything any of us may have said to defend ourselves. I don't know him but I have seen his work and it is awesome.

7. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

i dont know Sellers, but he is a friend of friends-- so i'll stand up for him. i see this hamb drama via several angles. Maybe...

1) the guy is creative, creative people have quirks-- just like many of us.

2) the guy has gone through a lot, just like many of us. sometimes a monster may come out.

3) the internet makes it too easy to type shit that may not be completely meant or understood.

i've made mistakes / been misunderstood before, folks have forgiven, and everythings been for the best. i vote that the hamb does the same. seeing his work, i'd say he has a lot to offer. and, if things blow up again, it'll be cheap entertainment for me :D

by the way-- while he may have said he wasnt here to show people anything-- he did take the time to do just that...

-scott noteboom

8. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

we'll said Scott!

Sometimes our emotions can get the best of us. Steve Sellers has alot to offer to this board and this hotroddin community. This place should be his home as well. We all make mistakes, that's how we become better at what we do. It's when we don't pick ourselves up after that keeps us on the ground. Our personalities and attitudes on how we deal with other people should be just as amazing as our own work skills. We must always forgive others for what they do, because that's how we show true love for one another. If your not willing to learn how to forgive people ...then bitterness, anger and resentment will become of you!

We love you Steve, you have so much to offer and we appreciate all your hard work and what you've done to get you there. Keep it up!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't know Sellers at all, but he does great work. I only wish he had the ability to highlight that work here rather than cause drama. I think some of you see this as me coming down too strong... That's just not the case, I gave this one a ton of chances because the potential for valuable content was so high...

A few months ago, Steve told me through PM that he had no intention of helping people on the HAMB and would rather just cut people down.

Obviously, I was disappointed to read that... And when he disrupted tech week with off-topic posts and followed that with threatening emails and PMs to me, I had to pull the plug. I only let folks call me a "Mother Fucker" so many times...

Bottom line, I think Steve has great talent and I think he is most likely a pretty good guy... I realize creative folks with a past might have some quirks, but this went beyond that... These "quirks" effected this forum and frankly, I won't allow it... There is no excuse for that kind of shit.

What to do next? Steve has emailed and apologized for the emails/pms that he sent me. I'm cool with that. If Steve has changed his stance and wants to contribute to the community rather than start drama, I would be more than willing to let him back on the forum.

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am a poor welder at best but I can tell a good weld from a bad weld. Sellers can be the biggest arse hole to me, but if I learn just a little from him I will be a happy man.
    Like we have all said, his talent is awesome. Some people just have natural ability. Too bad I don't.
    I have learned a wealth of information from guys I consider pricks, who gives a rats arse where that insight comes from. When you have earned the respect with work like that you get some lee way. I bet Von Dutch would have been kicked off in 10 minutes if we did take that stance with everyone. I know I piss more people off than I please with weak ass Tech like how to build model seats but he, maybe it helped someone?
    I'm happy to eat a little shit for this great knowledge.

11. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Ryan, I didn't see you as coming down too strong, and I also didn't see the drama that went down in the first place.
    What I do see is a handshake and an understanding between men, and thats good stuff!
    Now I can go outside and buff my new paint in a better mood!
    Nothing starts a good morning like HAMB and coffee!

12. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I also agree with Ryan, people should leave their drama off this board/forum.

"A person's attitude is the littlest thing that makes a big difference in his or her personality."

Everyone has the ability to change and if people are stuck in their old ways, then their not willing to make the effort and it's just an excuse not too:(

I don't care how talented a person is at whatever they do, they better have the personality to back it up as well!

I don't believe in "natural talent", because everything we do takes work, hard work. People just see the results, but they never consider how long it took for that person to get there or what they went through along the journey.

If a person is willing to spend so much time developing a talent or skill, they should not forget to work on their own personalities and attitudes as well, because they matter in becoming a whole person.

I hope Steve will be willing to change his tune, because it really sounded like a bunch of bad notes. But i do have faith in him, now that he knows the consequences of his actions.

13. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I have had a fair amount of interaction with Steve via email, the hamb, myspace, the phone and can say he's has good intentions. Now having read his posts here, I've seen both sides of him. The super talented, and then super asshole. I would love for Steve to contribute to the HAMB and the general hot rod/fabricator society without the bullshit and drama. Sometimes though to get one you get the other in the deal. And that there is "No Bueno".

Ryan, I dont think you came down hard at all. Completely opposite, anyone, and I do mean anyone comes in your house and bad mouths you, you have to bounce them. Hell, Sellers, or it could have been Barris, Foyt, Foose, any one of the most talented guys out there. No matter how much you respect/admire/awww their work. If they're disrespectful why have them around.

Steve, know one needs to tell you that you do superb work. That all goes without saying by this point. But putting "fucks in check"? Come on...check it at the door.

Parting words.... "Decrease the Drama, Increase the Tech, Increase the Bad Ass Rods"

14. RF

RF

Hey, Mother Focker (Ryan dearist),
    I was on the phone with Steve yesterday. This didn't even come up till the end of our long, romantic conversation. Anyway, he's not the Internet Intellectual most HAMB'rs are (or think they are) and criticism isn't always taken or given easily. He meant no disrespect, much like I don't when I constantly run my mouth. I'm not sticking up for Steve--he's a big boy and can do that himself--rather, just throwing in my two pennies, whether they're needed or not.

It's just too easy for many topics to turn into shit storms here instead of sticking to the subject at hand. I know I've contributed quite a bit to much of the nonsense, but I have a hard time biting my tongue when stupidity rears its ugly head...

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

First step would be stopping all drama related to Steve and getting back to hot rods and customs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.