Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing the Rt 66 Rockabilly Rumble, Tulsa, OK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoungeLife, May 14, 2007.

1. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

The Route 66 Rockabilly Rumble Car and Bike Show - June 9th and 10th Tulsa, OK

Car and bike show hosted by The Outsiders CC and BACA. Brought to you by JRP Speedway and your friends at the Mercury Lounge. Trophies and prizes, vendors, 6 bands each day. Bands will include Wayne "the Train" Hancock, the Rumblejetts, Electric Rag Band, Billy Joe Winghead, Brian Dunnings Rock n Roll Trio, Brian Parton, the Starkweather Boys, the Brandon Clark Band. There will be beer stands with a full bar in the clubhouse.

Pre-entry is advised to ensure space, especially if you are with a club and want to be positioned together. Still accepting vendors. Car, bike and venor entry forms are available on http://www.jrpspeedway.com.

This is going to be one hell of a good time, it's a little short notice but anyone able should support this show. As we all know, a good first year leads to a better second year. Feel free to contact JRP or myself. Anybody needing to ask questions over the phone PM me and I'll call you.

Mahalo,

Ryan Loungelife

Attached Files:

2. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Schweet. This will give me an excuse to try to get my engine swap done a little faster!

3. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

bttt for the morning crew

4. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

this sounds like a great time... puttin' a call out to all ozark hillbilly hambers to make this gig. also the leake car auction is that weekend, at the big oilman building i think, and friday night they have a viewing of the cars. last year you made a donation to a local charity and the cocktails and eats were free.

yeah, this sounds like a great time in t-town

question... do they still have the midnight drags at the speedway???

5. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

6. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Hey guys, getting alot of questions about gate and band times - I'll have all the detailed info tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm coming in on this project about the same time you are. So I'm going to be busting my ass the next 3 weeks.

7. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Route 66 Rockabilly Rumble located at JRP Speedway West 51st Tulsa, Ok.
    Two day car/motorcycle show and outdoor musical event, June 9 and 10.
    Six bands each day featuring local, regional and national acts including The Rumblejetts, Electric Rag Band, Billy Joe Winghead, Brian Dunning's Rock 'n Roll Trio, Brian Parton, The Riptides, Starkweather Boys, Kelly Lynn and the Skillit Lickers, The Brandon Clark Band and the master of hillbilly swing Wayne "the Train" Hancock headlining Saturday night.
    There will be build off's, trouble shooting contests, chair races??, a car blow up, plus plenty of activities both days, plus trophies and prizes for the entrants. One highly anticipated activity will be the tricycle build-up using random bicycle parts.

Gates will be open at 10am both days with bands playing until 10pm. An afterparty is scheduled at The Mercury Lounge 1747 S Boston with Austin's "Back Porch Mary" on stage both nights.

Pre-registration forms are available at www.jrpspeedway.com.
    Tickets are available at JRP Speedway, the Mercury Lounge, Starship Records and Tapes, Robs Records, Under the Mooch Records, Oolies Salon, Vintage Stock and Cheap Thrills Vintage Clothing.

Mahalo,
    Ryan

8. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Vendors needed for the Rumble, PM me if you wanna come out and sell stuff or promote yourself.

9. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

The Fairlane won't be ready in time, but I'll head up there in the family truckster. Gotta support the new shows! Looks like yall have some pretty cool activities scheduled to make it a little different, too.

10. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Had a question concerning motorhomes. RV parking is available as is truck and trailer - anybody wanting to stay overnight should be selfcontained as the property will be locked down and patroled at night.

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Next year I'd like to coordinate our show dates around yours. We have the Big Kahuna Hot Rod Luau the same day. I'd like to come next year.

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Of all the names to choose from, You should of picked something else as thats already taken and has been used for the past 15 years.

Rockabilly Rumble Weekend ~ Indy.

Just my 2 cents.

13. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Didn't have anything to do with choosing the name, I did do a websearch when I was told what it was though. Yahoo search for Rockabilly Rumble didn't come up with another car show. I checked something like the first 5 or 6 pages, it was pretty apparent that it wasn't coming up with anything with the two words together show related.

14. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

dang, I like luaus

15. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Quick question about the Rumble. I'd love to bring a bike out, but will be tied up Saturday morning until early afternoon. When do vehicles need to be there?

16. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

whenever you wanna bring it out, we're not uptight.

17. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Cool. I live pretty close to JRP. Probably load the bike in my sidecar and haul it over Saturday afternoon. Gotta fix an ignition problem first.

18. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

attendant tickets are now available at area O'Reilly's part stores

19. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

The O'Reilly's closest to JRP doesn't know anything about it. Might double check on the ticket availability. I stopped in today at the one at 33rd west ave and Southwest BLVD, night manager didn't have a clue about it.

20. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

damn, thanks

21. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

No problem. Thought you might want to know. Randy was gonna check with the day manager Tuesday to see if he knows anything.

22. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

The Two Timing Four has been added to the band line up.

23. hvychvy

hvychvy

We'll be there!:D

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Ryan

I'll be there ........What is the band schedule during the day on
    Saturday?? And the Saturday night schedule??

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Hey Mick, glad you're coming down. We're working with the bands on the schedule now. Wayne the train is scheduled at 8pm and Back Porch Mary starts at 10:30 at the Mercury Lounge for the afterparty. I'll post the rest of the schedule as soon as its finalized, should be later today.

26. hoodlum

hoodlum

sounds like fun , I'll be there

27. hvychvy

hvychvy

28. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Well, not being able to do anything the easy way, the venue for the Rockabilly Rumble has changed. The show will now be held at the Mercury Lounge 1747 S Boston in Tulsa. Same show, different place. The registration fee for cars/bikes has been dropped and the spectator ticket price has been lowered from $15 a day to $10 a day.

Band Schedule
    Sat
    1pm Kelli Lynne and the Skillet Lickers
    2:30 Brian Parton
    6:30 Billy Joe Winghead
    8:30 Wayne Hancock
    10:30 ish Back Porch Mary

Sun
    2p Electric Rag Band
    4p Two Timin Four
    6p JD McPherson and the Two Timin four
    10p Back Porch Mary

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How will you handle the parking of the Hot Rods and Kustoms?? Will the city of Tulsa let you block off the street? Sorry to ask so many questions....

Happy Trails,

Mick

30. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

We're going to be using all the area lots and street parking, the day bands will be playing outside. The mercury lot will be roped off and will be 21+. Boston's restaurant will be open across the street and is all ages. The streets will be open to traffic but people driving thru should be at a minimum.

It's unfortunate that we're having to make this change at the last minute and that we don't have time to get a street permit to shut down the street but I'm afraid it was unavoidable.

There should be more than adequate parking spaces.