Register now to get rid of these ads!

8-lugs...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, May 23, 2007.

1. guiseart

guiseart

Are there any examples in your archives of good looking 8 lug, 3/4 ton wheels? I know some of you have to own the bigger toys, what wheels did you find? All I see is steelies, did they make any good mags for these beasts?

2. 53fatfndr

53fatfndr
    from Idaho

I'm running 8-lug Eagle Alloy 058 series wheels on my '79 F-350 4x4. If you go to summitracing.com, they have alot of wheels available for 8-lug applications.

3. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Unfortunately nothing I've seen other than steelies, probably because the huge hub diameter eliminates the chance of passenger car designs being scaled up.

You could probably get artilleries or wires made up as 8 lug

4. GaryC

GaryC

I've got a set of 8 lug AR teflon Victors on my daily. I realize it's 40 years too new for the site, but check them out. They have a ton of options in 8 lug wheels.
    [​IMG]

What exactly are you looking for wheel wise? I'll admit I'm obviously into diesel trucks and have somewhat of an idea of whats out there for 8 lug after-market wheels.

Edit: I just pulled out one of my cats, check out the AR-23, Moabs, or the Chambers - all are available in 8-lug and more of a classic styled wheel.

5. 390Power

390Power
    from Oregon

I got some US Indy Mags on my 3/4 ton pickup, they look like normal 70's mags

6. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

there are probable a million or so different choices for eight lug wheels now a days. who doesn't drive a 3/4 or 1 ton. at least in my town.

7. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I have a lowered 3/4 ton 93 454 Suburban as a daily driver. It has 16x7 and 16x8 Billet Specialties wheels with pop on center caps that hide the 8 lugs as well as the giant rear axle center and 16" rear drums. They look like passenger wheels, but also look like late 1980's, early 1990's Boyd or Billet Specialties billet wheels. OK for the truck they are on... PM me your email address and request and I will send you some pics if you want.

8. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

I could make up some wires in eight lug. Use some old packard hubs and change the bolt pattern
    Jimmy

9. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

any example pics of that Wheelkid?

10. 30roadster

30roadster

I'm running the stock steel rims from my 56....
    they are heavy as hell and a weird size (17.5" rim). I'd like to find something else that would look right and be a 16 inch rim. Denman tires makes some cool pie-crust biasplys for 1 ton and up trucks....I just need a better looking and lighter rim. The hubs on the front of this truck are heavy enough that the tierods bend when you hit a big bump....makes driving interesting. I replaced the old tierod because it was bent! The lugnut studs are 1/2 inch for these trucks too.... another strange size. Jimmy I like your idea for the wires.
    here's a pic.
    [​IMG]

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Heck, just drill a bunch of holes all over the wheel in a nice pattern and enjoy.

12. I couldn't come up with an 8 lug wheel that I liked either. I found some 15 inch white spoked ugly wheels and run hub caps

Attached Files:

13. guiseart

guiseart

it's a 70's Dodge truck... I actually was thinking of white spoke, then white bumpers and grille. The chrome ones I've seen look gawdy. thanks, all.

14. prime mover

prime mover

I got a new set of the eagle alloy 058's 16x8 off ebay for my 70 F-250, couldnt stand the thought of actually buying a set of the 16-1/2's for it.

15. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

I have appliance slot mags on my truck 16.5 x 9.75.

jp