Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 Chevy Fender skirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53baldmohawk, May 23, 2007.

1. 53baldmohawk

53baldmohawk
    from Valencia

I need help installing my aftermarket fender skirts w/ hardwear and rubber on my 53 Chevy, the car did not come with skirts on it. Can someone take a pick of their skirts how they are installed and post them here, i did a search but no pics about aftermarket mounting thank you.:)

2. hsheartaches

hsheartaches

How about some pics of what you're working with? There is normally some mounting hooks inside the rear quarter panels at the base of the wheel cut-out for hooking the skirts into.

3. 53baldmohawk

53baldmohawk
    from Valencia

I have the half moon looking mounts but on the skirts it looks like i have to cut part of the iner fender. If anyone has aftermarket skirts they mite know this i will try to take a pic later and post it.

4. 53baldmohawk

53baldmohawk
    from Valencia

Here are some pics of my wheel opening, fender skirts and hardware that i need help mounting

Attached Files:

5. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

you only need two barkets in the front and for the back just drill a 3/8 hole to hold the rear in place hope this helps you

6. Loco's right. I'd suggest fitting the skirts and clamping 'em in place...then slide the retainer over and see where you'll need to put that bracket. It should be obvious, but here's a pic for reference.

Bryan

Attached Files:

7. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

yup thats exactely how i did mine

anyone got any pointers for installing the rubber

my drivers side fits excellent without it but the passenger is a little on the loose side

anyone got pointers

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

Well, I just did this. I also didn't have the slot in the rear. Slap the skirt up near where it's supposed to be and mark where the rear slot should go. Drill you a couple holes, enlarge it so the bracket will slide in and file smooth.

I think my car has been quartered on both sides so your experience may vary. I had a lip of steel inside the wheelwell I had to remove so that it didn't interfere with the bracket you lock in place.

Take one of the brackets shown above and mount it on the front side. You'll be able to tell or PM me and I'll send you a pic. If you get it just right when you slide it in place the skirt should snug up tight in the wheel cut out.

When I bought the brackets I got 4. There are supposed to be metal brackets on the top of the wheelwell that holds the skirts from falling in from the top. I used the extra bracket up there just for extra measure from that happening. Mine are very snug though with the new rubber seals.

[​IMG]

9. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

how did you install the rubber

it looks like originally it was held on with sort of steel staple kind of fasteners

tried removing a couple and reusing them but they are extremely brittle and didnt do to good