Register now to get rid of these ads!

NICE Salvage Yard Closing in Leavenworth, KS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, May 14, 2007.

1. 97flatrat

97flatrat

Piles and piles of that out there! Sorry I didn't have time to pull anything. It takes a hour and a half just to walk through! I'm headed back to get some stuff this weekend if it works out.

2. Theres still a ton of stuff out there. All the cadallacs I seen where hearse's if that helps. There is a bunch of flatheads out there. Last night was my 2nd night there & there's still a ton of truck cabs 37's - 50's. I couldn't find any other good axles / bones just laying around. Still plenty of cool projects out there. I did score a nice model A coupe decklid - only coupe piece I found.

Both nights I was there, I heard someone bought all the model a stuff, but when I asked the people in charge about what's still available, they just said look until you find what you want & then make your offer. So....I'm a little confused on that. I think I seen a few sets of good model a doors for sedans that I could really use. Carl Hagan

3. Abomination

Abomination

Meat wagons...?

Man, this I've got to see!

~Jason

4. WeedsSpeed

WeedsSpeed
    from Kansas

I was out last night and bought some neat pieces model a cowl and doors 30-31, 38 ford truck, 37 ford cab, 40 ford cab, 46 ford truck with open drive line, and plan on going back with some more money the guy is very easy to deal with and super nice. Everybody needs to go and save at least one car or truck from the crusher.:) There are plenty of neat cars out there lots of odd ball stuff.

5. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

Hate to see this place disappear. I've been there many times and harvested many small treasures. It's 30 minutes from my office, so it has also been my retreat when I needed to get out of touch and clear my head.

6. Abomination

Abomination

Man, I wish I had the bones for a '40 Ford cab...

Does he have any more?

~Jason

7. WeedsSpeed

WeedsSpeed
    from Kansas

Yah there is a couple still there, one is a very nice 1 ton the doors are great and so is the rest of the cab. I woulda bought them all but just not enough money.

8. Abomination

Abomination

Fenders & grille there, too?

~Jason

9. Abomination

Abomination

What were the prices like, if you don't mind my asking.

~Jason

10. 97flatrat

97flatrat

If we're thinking of the same truck, the fenders were there but at least a portion of the grille was gone. There could be more than one 1940 truck though. I was hoping to find a 38 pickup. I ended up finding four!

You've really got to get over there! Not everthing is in great shape and some cars are completly picked over but it will all be gone soon.

11. 97flatrat

97flatrat

On the few cars we asked about prices I thought he was reasonable but certainly not a fire sale like you might expect. I think you can get a better deal on parts and pieces than whole cars, based on the few questions we asked.

12. frankl

frankl
    from WI

i just talked to randy & kim . they were very pleasant .

13. WeedsSpeed

WeedsSpeed
    from Kansas

I thought prices were real reasonable especially on whole vehicles the bad thing is people are doing the normal and running around with torches and hacking the doors of all the old fords. But it happens :(

14. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

You guys happen to notice any '32 chevy sedan bodys, or just the rear half of the body around........

15. Wow, that's a shame. Someone buy this place :)

16. Slate

Slate

Of the 30's stuff - any Cords? or parts of Cords?

17. Abomination

Abomination

Randy & Kim are good people from what I've gathered. Kim thought I was trying to charge them or scam them or something by posting this thread, which I think is why she initially came across like she did.

~Jason

18. Abomination

Abomination

I think I'm going to try to make it out there this weekend.

~Jason

19. Abomination

Abomination

Man, if I can figure out how to get out there, I'm goin' this weekend. I may lament the lack of fundage, but it seems like an awesome place to check out.

~Jason

20. Abomination

Abomination

UPDATED INFO Christy's Auto Salvage Closing

Reply to: see below
    Date: 2007-05-22, 10:14AM CDT

UPDATED INFO:
    Christy's Auto Salvage in Leavenworth KS is in the process of closing. The car crusher is working this week starting with the large busses and newer cars. They only crush during the week so Christy’s will be open one more weekend. Anything you purchase must be removed the same day, so bring your trailer and tools. Open this Saturday and Sunday May 26th and 27th. They are staying away from the old stuff until next Monday. Take advantage before all the cars and parts are gone. They have cars and parts from the 1930's through the 1960's.

Christy’s is located about 30 minutes from the KS speedway. I-70 to hwy 7/73 north to Leavenworth. In Leavenworth take the old hwy 92(Spruce street) west, just on the west side of town. You can call the owner for information. Randy 913-306-8826 (cell)

21. WeedsSpeed

WeedsSpeed
    from Kansas

So what were everybody's great finds I covered the place all last week and on saturday I found something I had missed all week I found A V8 60 with aluminum heads and intake complete even a tranny. Sunday went back and managed to buy a bunch of doors and odd and ends of 35-46 ford trucks.

22. 97flatrat

97flatrat

23. WeedsSpeed

WeedsSpeed
    from Kansas

There were two and I missed one I wish I could have got both. I think Im gonna hang on to it for ahwhile but if decide differently I will let yah know.:)

24. Abomination

Abomination

I'm curious as to what all folks found out there as well.

~Jason

25. Abomination

Abomination

BTTT for folks that haven't seen the update yet...

~Jason

26. Abomination

Abomination

BTTT again - the end is near!!!

~Jason

27. sinister13

sinister13

went there today, that place is locked down tighter thatn fort knox. what ever was going on was not legit. wasted a good days time and gas money for nothing, something in the family has happened and they are not letting anyone even look in on there. dont waste your time!!! there was a man gaurding the gate and said sheriffs dept. was involved, stuffs pretty serious guys. thats all i know. looked real cool though and lots of neat stuff back in there.

28. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

I called this past monday while I was in Leavenworth visiting my uncle. They said they were closed and wouldn't let me look around. They said they would post on craigslist again. I also told them that I would only be in for a couple of days. Wasted my time also.

29. gonmad

gonmad

30. Abomination

Abomination

Ditto. I was pissed - real pissed.

I grabbed the kids and a camera and headed out there (finally). It really WAS locked down like Fort Knox.

WTF? Now I look like an asshole.

~Jason