Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrodladycruzr gets extinguished in Florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, May 20, 2007.

1. Hey Denise, thanks once again for hangin' with us on Saturday. Trouble was I was so nervous being in the presence of greatness (you and Nads) I bumped that fire extinguisher on the floor of his wagon. Wow, not sure if I was choking from laughing so hard or inhaling ABC dust or a little-a -both. :eek:
    Fella's if you could have seen the cloud of smoke coming out of Nads wagon, at 70 mph...passers-by musta' thought we where filming a new episode of "Up in Smoke".
    Don't complain, at least ya' got to ride in some cool cars like Dell's coupe and Chalet Stacker (Mark's ) chopped '57 Ford. That was some smoky burnout, eh?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to Jimmy (far right) and wife Debbie for hosting a nice BBQ.
    There's Ol' Denise, surrounded by "hunks" as usual. :p
    [​IMG]
    Quote:"Man' you have GOT to get a picture of that hillbilly Hot-Rod"
    [​IMG]
    Car started its life as a Rambler..go figure!
    [​IMG]
    Chuck's Rambler,.... much cooler!
    [​IMG]
    All went well, until Nads Chopper broke down on way home and we had to tow it with a strap from Denise' luggage. :eek:
    That in itself is a whole nother story/thread.
    JT

2. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Sounds like a good time. And I thought that type of shit only happened to me.

3. Big Tony

Big Tony

Dang what a trip and an even better story.

4. haring

haring

I had a fire extinguisher go off in my old Econoline when a car stopped unexpectedly in front of me to make an illegal left turn.

The extinguisher fell out of the holder, pin fell out, and it went off when it hit my foot.

Total chaos.

And the other driver never even noticed.

Cleaning that junk out was a real pain in the ... make sure you get it all because it's corrosive.

PS: Nads, I think I have that same jacket.

5. cool hillbilly rod

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That horrible 4 wheel drive 'hot rod' was owned by a true redneck, it started off as a 1928 Hudson, it was even worse up close. I made Denise and JT turn around so we could get pics of it.
    When that extinguisher went off, my first thought was, "what kind of mechanical malfunction would cause noxious powder to explode out from under the firewall?" It took about two seconds before I realized what had happened. I couldn't pull over because there was too much traffic and I could hardly see out of the window and had to stick my head out the door. That shit's horrible.
    All in all it was another oustanding adventure, Denise got to get a glimpse into my wretched life.
    We had left the bike at a Bob Evans while we went to get my wagon and trailer, they were having their monthly Mustang meet. We asked one of the guys to help us load the bike on the trailer, he did, but not without complaining about getting a little bit of grease on his hands. He left with the obligatory burnout in his 5.0, a true gearhead.

I wanna thanks JT and Denise for helping me in my time of need, these are some great fellow motorheads who make life much better.

7. pitman

pitman

Oh Denise! That's what hangin' round in those jungle swamps, w/Nads will get ya!:D
    Great tale BTW.

8. Why didn't you bunch of bums call me? I must be the redheaded stepchild.

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sorry dude, come to Georgia on Saturda to DJ's. I'll buzzify you.

10. Ramblur

Ramblur

JT's been planning that accidentally set off the fire extinguisher
    in Nads wagon gimmick for ages...;)

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Well he picked the perfect time, it was quite a prank.

12. Hey Jeff, make sure your '57 wagon has a fire extinguisher fully mounted with the SAFETY pin installed. Can't wait to go for a ride. ;):p
    JT

13. Ya Denise, wheres your pics?? Jimmy thanks for the BBQ great time. Jt Del Mike Dave Nads ( Dj didnot come playing with his self ) Good to see ya. Hay Nads hope you found your helmet?

Denise was good to see you walk in the gate. Hope the picture of the burn out came out ok.

14. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

Sorry i missed it, but my truck is running again. And that isn't chuck's rambler it's Judith's, his wife. Denise sorry i missed ya. oh and grinder, come over on saturday i'm having a hopefully huge BBQ. pm me and i'll give you my address and directions.

Zor

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeah denise....wheres your pics???and could someone please kill the redneck who destroyed the hudson please?:(

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

First off it was GREAT meeting all the Rumbers that I didn't meet in Feb and was wonderful to have the opportunity to hang out with everyone again. Thanks so much to Jimmy and Debbie for welcoming me into their home. I had a kick ass 24 hour adventure with Nads and JT.:D

Here are just a few of my shots. Been SWAMPED trying to get ready to leave for Paso and plan my Hot Rod Luau and haven't had any extra time to do much on the HAMB.

Some of the cool cars in attendance
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went for a ride in JT's Oldsmobile over to Del's place to see all the treasures he "stole" from California. Thaks for the ride sweetie!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got a thrill ride back to the BBQ from Del
    [​IMG]

Mark then took me for a ride in his custom and did a HUGE smokey burnout. :D
    [​IMG]

Leaving the BBQ we drove past this and had to turn around a get a closer look. It was tuff for us to keep a straight face while talking to the "builder"
    [​IMG]

Then the real fun started.:rolleyes: Nads broke down on his bike on I-4 heading back to Orlando. After determining it was the battery/not holding a charge, Nads starts pushing the bike the 1 1/2 miles to the next exit with me following in the rental with my flashers on. After about 1/2 miles he asks if he could hold onto the passenger door and lets see if I could "pull" him. That last for about 20 feet then my brain engaged and I stopped, popped the hatchback and got out a strap from my luggage that I've never used before (was tucked in a pocket still wrapped up). Anyway, it had a hook on each end so I hooked it in the latch on the car and onto Nads handlebars and away we went to the exit about a mile down.:D
    [​IMG]

Nads Mustang pals kept an eye on the bike while we ran all the way to his house and got the trailer and wagon and back. By this time its late and we're hungry, well some are hungrier then others. JT finds a melted Reese Sticks package that hadn't been open, just melted. Didn't matter to Nads, it was finger licking good.
    [​IMG]

Got the bike loaded fine and started heading back toward Orlando doing about 70mph with the two guys in the front seat and me sitting in the middle of the back seat kinda hanging over the front seat and we're all just chatting away when all of a sudden this HUGE cloud of "stuff" comes from the passanger footwell. The first thing I thought was the car was on fire! but nooo...someone had to hit the fire extinguisher with their foot and set it off.:rolleyes: Before I could even react I breathed and OH MY GOD, it was AWFUL. By this time we're all choking and hanging our heads out the windows. Nads is still driving. Man that stuff tastes rotten, we were all covered with the dust, what a nite. Not really JT fault though. Who would have seen anything under all that stuff.

[​IMG]

Finally made it back to Nads about 10pm and his wife is waiting to grill us Salmon. We then all sat down and had a really nice dinner. What a sweetheart she is and Nads kids too are great. Wonderful family. Thanks so much for the hospitality.

JT, it was wonderful meeting you and hanging out. Looking forward to next time but hopfully it won't be as exciting.:D

17. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

What a great time you had visiting the Orlando crew. That fire extinguisher shit could only happen in a Nads owned vehicle.

18. Great pictures Denise. you can just see the cop car on the hill when Del does that pealout. he he he.

19. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Only you Denise..... LOL :D