Register now to get rid of these ads!

..New Ride 53 Plymouth..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turbo.a.c, May 13, 2007.

1. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

I need to tow the thing to mendota IL im in naperville IL anyone availible with a trailer...? I need it out of here by friday or earlier anyone!!!! Ill pay ya.

2. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

I might have to sell my car when i just got it!!!! Depends how the week goes if any of you guys want it let me know i really might have to sell her.....

3. cool ride dude! those flatheads are dependable motors. i drove a 54' and a 50' plymouth and the one thing i would change is the brakes, upgrade with disc's and leave the rest stock.

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I did one for a guy here in NJ...but now he lives in Nebraska. I think he's still registered here on the HAMB as xpittsx or something.
    We put in a 1980 Camaro subframe, with it's engine, trans and rear. Fit up OK, but doe to the extreme lowering of the car, the front tires hit the wheel openings. We got more offset rims, narrowed control arm, and even shaved off the inner lip on the fender, and it's barely OK now.
    Ken's got a few good ideas for the car, and hopefully he's going to work on them in his new home. He picked up welding pretty well, and he can lead work, as well.
    Here's a pic of it when it was in the shop, getting chopped. I'll have to see it I have pictures somewhat finished. We did the majority of it in a weekend, and have been fooling with the details ever since!

Attached Files:

5. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    There is a ton of stuff out there for the flatty motor. Check out www.rustyhope.com, www.50plymouth.com for detailed info, and www.stoveboltengineco.com. 'Not sure if you checked out my '46 at the Rahway show last Saturday, but some of the stuff on the engine came from Tom Langdon. there's nothing quite like the sound of those flatties with headers and glasspacks.

Dave
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

6. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

'Not sure if you checked out my '46 at the Rahway show last Saturday, but some of the stuff on the engine came from Tom Langdon.

I've seen your car before, probably at Bradlee's cruise night in Woodbridge. Can't forget a car as clean as yours. The engine is a jewel! They must run well, cause I see your car all over the place!
    Didn't know Langdon sold stuff for Mopars. I outfitted my 46 Chevy's 292 six with his stuff. Good guy to deal with. Quality parts, and good advice, as well.
    I had to deliver a customer's car on Sat. morning, so I couldn't bring anything to Rahway (I had to go, I grew up there). I came there in my buddy's chopped, black primer, 48 Merc, w/ Olds grill, and I left in the 70 Impala convert. (Candy Brandywine) that I built for another friend.

7. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

8. Gerg

Gerg

sweet i was going to bid on that one! glad to see it is up on here at least

9. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

Here's my 53 dodge. Keep the flatty. Can't hear mine at idle either and the original muffler has pinholes in it. I flushed the radiator and put the stock cap and thermostat in and it runs amazingly cool all the time. Needs an overdrive though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's under construction at the moment though.

[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

Keep it! They're alot of fun.
    "A Buzzin' Half Dozen"

BloodyKnuckles

11. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

*53dodgejustom* what color blue was that before your stripped it all down..? And *bloodyknuckles* three carbs isnt too much for that flatty i thought it would be and did you make your own manifold..? I love this shit.

12. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

No idea what the color of it was. It was like that when I bought it. Cheap single stage paint. Medium blue and Lt. blue. It looks 100 times better in the pics. It was really rough in places and the medium blue was about five different shades on the car. The roughness was from painting directly over surface rust! STUPID FUCKS.

Here's a thread on my pos.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142342

13. thx-138jr

thx-138jr

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=309544&d=1179150354

Anyone have any more pics or details of this one?

Thanks

14. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

I painted and lowered this one for a buddy... I think he has less than $2g in the thing. Fun for Cheap![​IMG]

15. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

What size tires should i run when its lowered ..?

16. Normspeed

Normspeed

Now for you folks that don't dig the jive,
    That's twin carbueretors and an overdrive.....

Attached Files:

17. 53burb

53burb

How do I get me one of them for my flatty6? KNUX!

18. deedster

deedster

The flamed black one is lookin' good ......

19. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

I finally got to my new shop its not the nicest place but for the price i couldnt pass it up at all. Heres just a few pictures oh what ive done not alot just started gutting the interior. Thanks guys

Attached Files:

20. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

heres some spy shots of mine , got the mustang II in, and airride done, mocked up the front sheetmetal to see how she will sit..back is not done yet, will be soon.. hope this works

21. shifticus

shifticus

22. TWEKD1

TWEKD1
    from chicago