Register now to get rid of these ads!

scallops yes or no?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatbody, May 13, 2007.

1. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Gotta say no if it were me.

2. teddyp

teddyp

No And Yes Some Side Trim

3. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

I like the one like 4t64rd posted

4. Ok, she's a beauty just the way it is, a classic kustom. If it were mine, ( I wish ) I would skirt it and a classy pinstripe job, ( don't overdo the pinstripes. It's a winner just the way it is. Rags

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

No way.....side trim..YES!

6. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

No scallops, yes to the side trim or the speed line as posted. Add a little pin striping and you have it nailed. It is however awesome the way it is. Love the color, "simple, basic and cool". Its your ride, so make it the way you want.

7. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Maybe some really understated pinstripes... like dark gray over the black paint. Or nothing. Really beautiful car the way it sits.

- Joe

8. IMHO, scallops belong either on my plate or late 50's-60's cars. I have yet to see a car prior to 1958 that looks good with them. I vote NO

9. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

OK, I think the car is perfect. But if you have to put on side trim don't use ford. Use 55 chevy side spears. That's what you need. IMO
    Rodman

10. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I'm with Slammed on this one. The chrome is killer like in the picture.
    No Scallops!!!

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

12. Yeah, the trim WORKS!

13. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

If you're not going to do scallops then just leave it be. No sidetrim. The sidetrim looks stupid.

14. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I asked the same question about my shoebox a couple of years ago with the same results. NO NO NO.... so I didn't. About the only thing that got scallpoded was my avitar (thanks to Brush). I must say that ever since then I really haven't seen a scalloped or flamed shoebox that I really really liked. So I think I made the right decision.

15. myke

myke
    from SoCal

side trim only

16. Fatbody,
    Before you run off and just leave this alone, we have to notice that you must want a little change to your car right now or would not have made this post.
    Ask this crowd to give you ideas on what scallops - new style and traditional would look like on your ride. That way you can see for yourself and decide. There is a bunch of us who love to draw that could lay out some bitch'n scallops for you.
    Best part is you get to decide if they are bitch'n or not BEFORE they go on the car.
    Give it a try...
    I'll be in touch with my version....

17. I like 4t64rd's version, otherwise I say no to any other type of scallop.

18. fatbody

fatbody

got the striping in the back and on the dash....that speed line looked pretty cool...thats kinda the idea i was thinking about. Not all up in your face just something kinda understated and accents the body....i dunno maybe its just just better off just the way it is. I would like to get ahold of some nice steel skirts though...just so I could have the option. I like the shit out of the photoshops though...anymore?? thanks for all the input guys.

Attached Files:

19. Seaweed flames!

20. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

I love scallops, but that car looks so good as is I wouldn't do it.

21. Squablow

Squablow

The "speedline" looks like 50ish Packard trim anyway, maybe that's what you should have. No painted on stuff for me. We put flames on my chopped '53 about 8 years ago and now I want it all one solid color again.

22. I know everyone else says not to, but I think it needs something. Too much flat side. Trim, scallop, pinstripe, something, but not too wild. But that's me. It's your car, your decision.

23. gotwood

gotwood
    from NYC

New here so don't want to step on any toes but the trim looks like something you would shave off.

Looks different because it is soild blue. If you are looking for a change how about some copper or red wheels? Radir rims? Body and color are a done deal and leave it alone!!

24. sledish

sledish

Maybe some pinstripes on the hood and trunk, no scallop vote

25. Like what 4t64rd pictured is cool for your cool ride, very nice color.