Register now to get rid of these ads!

Return to Kingdon!!! May 18-20.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddychris, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Well, we're a week away. This event is gonna be huge.
    They've been advertising it on the radio for the last week or so, so get there EARLY!!!
    I will be there about 11:00a on friday, and 5:30am on saturday and sunday.

Come on guys, lets show all these goldchainers what our cars can do!
    This will be a run what you brung event, so BRING IT!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

If you can escape your day to day life this is a must do.

3. MCKENNA209

MCKENNA209

Talked To Pat And Kt On Saturday. I Am Pretty Sure The Wife And I Will Be Going. I Won't Be Racing Anything So Don't Know If I Will Get There As Early As 5:30 Am? Would Be Cool To Cruise Of With A Bunch Of Y'all Though. What Will The Parking Be Like? Does Anyone Know? Thanks

4. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

Map...anybody got a map? The official site does not have a link to one that I can see.

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Click on accomodations and there is a map.

6. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Chris we will be down again. I worked on the coupe over the week end. It should be ready to run. See you Friday. Scott

7. Scott-

Can't wait to see ya! Tried calling you back the other day. Gimme a call!

MAP? You don't need no stinkin' MAP!

Check it out.

From the Bay
    580 East to I5 North to Stockton
    8 Mile rd East to Thornton rd.
    Turn Left
    Go about 1/2 to 1 mile
    Turn Right on DeVries rd
    Head North about 1/4 mile
    left turn into Airpark

From Sac. via 99

99 South to Lodi
    Past Lodi to 8 Mile Rd west
    8 Mile to Thornton rd.
    turn Right
    North 1/2 to 1 mile
    Turn right onto DeVries rd.
    1/4 mi north

I Can't wait, guys! All I've been doing is working on the P.C. Scary, Scary..
    Running killer, not much more I can do...

Just wait,I guess.

8. lownrusty

lownrusty

9. And yes, the Port City Garage opening party will still be happening Sat nite!
    8:00 pm. Three local bands you never heard of... food... drinks... and who knows what else. FUN, FUN!

Find me in the pits for an invite.

All HAMBers welcome

10. the walrus

the walrus
    from Napa, CA

Site says car must meet all safety standards. what are the standards?

11. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Last time there was people that ran with out seat belts.
    Who knows this time but to run at a regular NHRA event you must have Seat belts, a battery hold down, an over flow on your radiator. Those are the main ones and the faster you go the more outher shit you have to do. Like drive line loop and if your battery is in the trunk you need a sealed fire wall between the batery and the driver compartment. there is no way to know how strict they are going to be.
    Maybe after tech on Friday we can call some one and let them know so they can post whats up for the people comming on saturday. Scott

12. The event has been widely publicized, so I expect that You'll need a belt, and a helmet. Everything that Blue collar guy said. Good tires. Kill switch if Batt has been relocated from O.G. location. No rubberlines on the faster cars. Blahh....

Last year, the guy kicked my tires, LAUGHED about my vice-grip door handles, and said " have fun "

This year, they have NHRA all over the fliers. Thing is, I hear if someone has a car they want tagged. They will do it. Get abunch together at 1 time, and they will go through all at once.

The new cars and old cars will be running seperately: Sportsman & Nostalgia.
    Grudge Match and Competetion.

13. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

14. thanks for the bump. All you Cali guys that were talking about West Coast HAMB drags... well this seems to be as close as it gets this year, so take advantage of this. I'm more excited about Kingdon than I am about Paso.

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Oh boy-this will be fun!!

16. Sooo...

Today kicked ass. Ran 4 times. Still got some playing to do. Tech was not bad. Lines were a little long at first, but sped up. Get there early tomorow if You can...

This shit is FUN! Lots of old cars running, you guys gotta getout here!

Party tomorow nite!

Oh, I won 3 outa 4!!!

17. Cool. Is there timing? People should post pictures and times. I'm not gonna make it- maybe next time.

Thanks,
    Kurt

18. Yes there is timing, You get a slip when you make the turn at the end of the track. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow night.

19. Well, Ya'll that did'nt make it, missed out
    This weekend kicked ass!
    Won 6 outa 8 so far. Having a blast, wish you were here...

20. This was by far the coolest weekend I've ever had. Thanks to everyone that made it out for the races. The shop definately got christened last night...

One hell of a weekend.

21. tommy v

tommy v

22. tommy v

tommy v

23. tommy v

tommy v

24. The pics are starting to trickle in :D. X 51, as in it was built from a '51 Ford (business coupe?)?

Thanks,
    Kurt

25. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

I had a great week end . I must have got in at least 15 passes. The best one being a 13.260 at 113.86 mph. So I was having some traction problems but I didn't break any thing. Not bad for a street car. I dont have any pictures so if any one that was there took any please post some.
    Thanks to Chris. Also the Stockton and Lodi crew for making the trip a good time.
    For those of you that missed the show also missed out on David Perry shooting pictures for Pin Up's II. Good times all around. Scott

26. 56spraybomb

56spraybomb

Anyone have more pictures to post? Would love to see them since i couldn't make it.