Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is going to Billetproof Detroit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RacerRick, May 10, 2007.

1. 348tripower

348tripower

We have 3 cars leaving from Dexter. We would prefer to stay off the expressway. We could meet at Territorial and 23.
    Don

2. RacerRick

RacerRick

I don't know, but thanks for the offer.

I am rewiring the entire car since I need some more circuits and lights to be working to get the car to pass safety. Turn signals, electric wiper motor and all that.

I am actually converting to electric wipers using the leftover S10 wiper motor. I have to get some bushings and am using the original motor for a pivot after I remove the guts.

I am getting some real milage out of that S10 parts truck.

I did just pick up a very nice rad from a 51' that I have to make some new mounts for so it will work.

3. garysgun

garysgun

I will be there just looking as I will be bringing a trailer to pick up goods I bought on the east side of the state several months ago.
    This will be my 3rd Billetproof and it is a great show. Hope to meet some of the HAMB people. Gary M.

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

Hey guys!!! Don't forget about the burnout contest!!!!

5. RacerRick

RacerRick

I will be glad if I make it there. I have to leave at 4am to get there at opening.

6. jdubbya

jdubbya

It looks as if we are gonna have a roadster in it this year, I am gonna haul some tires and a jack just for the occasion. -Joe

7. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

we will be there, have an appoitment to get the car striped :p

can't wait especially since we couldn't make last yrs.

8. There are a ton of burnouts living in the area, so competition is sure to be fierce.

BTW, 53-4 wipers are different than 49-52. Chevy moved to a cable system from a rod system. They may have changed as early as 51. Go to the "old car manual project" (tocmp.com ?) and find the 49-54 chevy manual to verify. The two aren't interchangeable. You would probably have to get the entire setup, wiper transmissions and all, to make it work.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm going to have to sit this year out......my tires are kinda on the new side. :D

Would someone please handcuff me to the fence or something and NOT let me get tempted. Really can't afford to purchase new rubber right now.:eek: ;)

10. I plan to be there striping again.

Danimal, bring your booy over to the jam pavallion and you can probable get several stripers to lay a line or two on his cast...

Tim

11. You guys are making me all teary eyed wishing I could go. Flew into Flint last year for the just for that purpose and drug my brother down from Clio. But not in the cards this year, maybe next time.

Johnnie.

12. Think I'll make it?:eek:

Attached Files:

13. Sure "YOU" will be there!:rolleyes:

now the roadster in the picture might be a different story:D

14. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Northern!! You guys are mid MI GMB's...we'll follow you in from the great white NORTH!!

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Thanks, Tim! Maybe hauling his truck in on a trailer as is so he'll get no shirt from Hippie!

16. Rancho

Rancho

I hope you make it there Rudy, I really want to see it all put together. Hell it looked sweet sitting there mocked up. Plus I plan on bringing Bobby's new ride. His peddle car wagon came out sweet.
    Eric

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and I want to show you the vintage cooler, it's turning out sweet as well.

18. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

dont make up such lies your no where near that far along. :D

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Of course, looks like all you have to do is drop the motor in and slap on the body. All set.;) :D

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

roadstar;Think I'll make it?:eek:[/quote]

If you don't I'm nominating you for official HAMB slacker. A 1/2"X 9/16" box end and a roll of duct tape and your on the road.

Frank

21. hemifarris

hemifarris

I'll be there...........hopefully...

Mike

22. fms427

fms427

I'll be there, for sure!

23. I'll be there...
    Denise - any idea about a HAMB meet - greet?
    Just have muscle junk going at the moment - no real hot rods just yet, but I'll be a walk'n

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Last year we did it by the Nightmares sign which was real easy to find. They usually hang out along the treeline. Once it gets alittle closer I'll do a Meet & Greet info post.

Also, the RRT might be bringing the BBQ trailer. If so, all HAMB memebers are more then welcome to come for lunch. I'll post those details in the Meet & Greet thread as well.

25. I,ll be in Toronto , (ONT) With time on my hands. Whats the best route, via Windsor or Sarnia ?

26. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Gaz,

Sarnia is closer and you'll be certain to catch up with some HAMBers on their way. See if you can catch a ride with the guys at Oddball Kustoms. I saw them coming in and a few others last year. The bridge traffic is much better there than Windsor/Detroit.

27. Sarnia is probably your best bet.
    Take 401 west to London,then catch the 402 to Sarnia.

But don't expect to find anything between London and Sarnia.
    Like gas,food,rest stops,etc.

Stop at the Wellington Street exit in London,there are gas stations and fast food places north and south of the highway.

I came home that way,probably the first Billetproof show.
    The roads are good,much better than Detroit.Not much traffic.

Just make sure you've got American money,AND your Passport.

28. See you all there!