Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got My Barn Find Home!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jpmopar, May 12, 2007.

1. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

Finally got my '62 Newport barn find home. It was a major pain in the ass getting it out of the barn without screwing up the side moldings cause the thing kept wanting to kick left (left rear wheel was locked up). Its home now and I just did a fast clean up on it. It was running fine when parked in '73, so I should be able to bring this brute back to life. I'll start on mechanicals tomorrow. The car is in really good shape and is 100% complete. Plus, its got the most kick-ass instrument cluster ever!

jp

Attached Files:

• 621.JPG
      621.JPG
      File size:
      105 KB
      Views:
    • 622.JPG
      622.JPG
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
    • 623.JPG
      623.JPG
      File size:
      85.3 KB
      Views:
    • dash.JPG
      dash.JPG
      File size:
      79.7 KB
      Views:
  2. looks good.......congrats....now get it running and drive the hell outta it

3. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

Right on brotha!

Congratulations of the nice iron !

take good care !

4. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

Oops! Meant to send this one instead of two dash shots....

jp

Attached Files:

• barn.JPG
      barn.JPG
      File size:
      115.9 KB
      Views:

5. Congrats on a great find. The dash is way cool and that steering wheel is great. Don't hurt your face grinnin too much.

Bo

6. flathead okie

flathead okie

What kind of motor?? size?

7. Mel

Mel

Excellent find. Congrats! Now get this mopar on the road and post some more pics!

8. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

that thing just screams "customize me"!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

The motor is a 361 big-block 2bbl. I've got a 4 bbl intake/carb set-up to bolt on. For an early 60's Chrysler, this one's a bit odd. No AC, no power windows or seats, manual steering and manual brakes. Its optioned out more like a Plymouth than a Chrysler! The car was backed into the barn under its own power, but that was back in '73. I'll find out if she can be resurrected in the next few days. :)

jp

Attached Files:

10. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

what u give for it if you dont mind me ask n i can get one was woundering what there worth thanks jeff

11. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

congratulations, and welcome to the "club"...here are my 62s... 300H in need of everything...and a Newport with the 361 2bbl...which is the current weekly driver, just ordered new wheels...
    if you need help, let me know

cheers

JD

Attached Files:

12. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

Thanks for the greeting. I wish mine would've been a 300H (or at least a 2 dr) but I'm happy with what I've got. :)

jp

13. rodknocker

rodknocker

how did you find it?

14. Hell of a find would make a fine kustom, or you could sell me the bumpers, head lights, and grill. Just kidding, nice car. Rags

15. bigken

bigken

Good job, man. That's is gonna run and ride like a dream.....
    Enjoy

16. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

I'm an outside sales rep for NAPA. I'm in the store most early mornings and late evenings. One day this guy comes in and buys a few parts, shoots the shit a little, and heads for the door. Just before he walks out he turns back and says "Would any of you guys be interested in an old push-button Chrysler"? I said "Uh....Yeah. I would". If he had not mentioned it, no one would have ever found this car. The barn it was in faced up hill away from the road and the road it was on was WAY back in the sticks. I talked to some of this guys neighbors who had lived near the guy for decades and they had no idea the car was there. It had sit untouched for 35 years in a dry barn. After all the "barn cars" I've missed in my life, I was due for a lucky score.

jp

17. i had a 62' newport 2dr hdt that i saved from the junkman by minutes. a friends mom was just about to call and take $65 bucks for it, $66 bucks and a ride to the liquor store it was mine. other than the dash the coolest part was the swivel bucket seats. had a burned intake valve and i learned how to "hand lap" valves after i got it home the 361 ran pretty smooth after that.

18. Squablow

Squablow

One of my favorite Exner designs, and looks like yours has some ventshades on it too. I'll be parting out a '61 next week if you need anything.