Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi, Mike from New Zealand

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rocket88NZ, May 8, 2007.

1. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Have been checking out the H.A. M. B. for a while,lots of cool stuff and good advice, just getting used to using the computer so hope you will bear with me.Am planning a trip to Carlisle and Hershey in October and was hoping to get some advice on anything else happening around that time thats worth checking out in the real rod world.Wanted to take in the Hot Rod Reunuion but see its on the same date as Hershey. Have a 31 A coupe (56 Olds powered) a 34 Plymouth Coupe (48 Merc powered) and a 60 Coupe Deville.

2. Welcome aboard.

Kurt

3. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Thanks for the welcome Kurt, I also would love an old Indian,those old board/flat track style bars were cool wer'nt they.Have you been to Hershey? Did Bonneville in 05 and loved it and have a real dellema as I really want to go back there this year but think I should do something different.

4. 55olds88

55olds88

bloody Kiwi's there everywhere :)
    you swapped out the rear on the A yet ?

Paul

5. fatabone

fatabone

Welcome to the HAMB Mike. Clark and I will be set up at Hershey and probably Carlisle as well so look us up. Get that computer figured out and post some pictures of your rides. I also have a 31 A and a 34 Plymouth coupe that was drag raced in the sixties.
    Jr

6. Yeah, but I'd like to see what a crusty Scout would look like with apehangers. Nope, never been to Hershey.

Thanks,
    Kurt

7. Alfster

Alfster

Great to have another Kiwi along for the ride.

8. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Hey Paul,
    Not yet, I know you want that 8 inch. Been busy rebuilding 97's and making some zommies for A.

9. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Hey Mike Welcome to the Board

10. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Don't miss the Hot Rod Reunion!

11. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Hi Jr, Was looking through a" how to hop up your engine" from July 62 I've got and theres a 34 Plymouth Coupe owned by Lou Kamp thats Olds powered which looks awsome, wondered if it might be the one you own now. Could do with some advice on where to go to put photo on here.Do you just go the attachments icon on tool bar. I know I,m slow but at least I'm rough. Cheers.

12. fatabone

fatabone

Mike there is a lot of cool stuff to be had at Hershey but you have to show up early because a lot of venders pack up on Saturday. If you could email a picture I could tell if the 34 is the same as mine. All I know of it from 58 -62 it was purple with a white chassis and from 62 on it was white with an orange chassis. To resize your photos you could use Photobucket.com or many other free photo resizing places on the web. I have Microsoft Digital Image that the wife bought at Staples. I'll post the pictures you sent of your cars and they are some very nice rides.

Attached Files:

13. Terrence

Terrence

From one Kiwi to another welcome. Stop by for a beer when your in Hershey. Were only about a mile from hersheypark.

Terrence

14. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Hey Terrence,thanks for the welcome and the invite.I can feel that thirst coming on already.Living where you do must be hard, save for a year then blow it all when the swapmeet comes to town.I like your occupation , how many years was the apprenticeship?CheersMike.

15. Rckt98

Rckt98

Hey Mike, how are you? About time you got on here. We will be home in Sept so try & catch you before you head to the States (Franklin Club, Friday night?).
    Cheers
    Russell

16. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Hey Russell, doing mighty fine, hope you are doing the same.I suppose you have a container load of stuff coming back. Are you coming back to stay or just a break? I'll look forward to a Bud Light with you at the club and catch up on all the news.Rockets Rule!
    P.S. If you have room in your container through in a couple of Firestone Dragster Wide Whites for me (15" rears)

17. "FREAK"

"FREAK"
    from PDX Oregon

Hey, mr. kiwi welcome...there's some cool info here and stuff too but I got a quick question for ya, how's my "ALL BLACKS" doing down there this year.................. go all blacks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man i love rugby super 8 all the way "FREAK"

18. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

[quote="FREAK";1979443]Hey, mr. kiwi welcome...there's some cool info here and stuff too but I got a quick question for ya, how's my "ALL BLACKS" doing down there this year.................. go all blacks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man i love rugby super 8 all the way "FREAK"[/quote]
    Thanks for the welcome Freak,that info is the ducks nuts, I know you are going to put me on your ignore list for this but if it ain't got wheels an engine or tits I don't watch it , the wife gets pissed because I watch all the Nascar, Indycar and Bike racing so if I watched rugby as well there would be real trouble.Come to think of it that just confirms I'm living in the wrong place. Cheers Mike.

19. Rckt98

Rckt98

Will be back for good, have had a great time, but 12 months is long enough.Not quite a container load, a couple of pellets, all for the 98 convert project. Just about have everything I need for it, let the fun begin.Not sure about the Bud Light, don't drink it here, looking forward to a nice cold Speights.
    Russell

20. Hey Mike,

Good to see you on here.
    Pretty addictive on here!
    Looking forward to seeing your cars on display in the Nostalgia Display at the National Show next weekend.

Greg

21. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Thanks Greg,
    Whats the bet the Nostalgia section gets more attention than the big dollar billet rides.Pleased to participate in a small way compared to all the work you have put in to it. That 4 banger is still only half a rocket motor!

22. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Mike ,welcome to the H.A.M.B.Good to see another Rocketeer on here. Is that the old Perrymen car. Still looks good.
    Cheers Dago. ;)

23. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Hey Dago88,The Plymouth Coupe is the old Bill Perriton (Crown Jewel)originally called LeSabre, not sure when he renamed it. Maybe you could help me out, I am trying to track down a copy of Australian Hot Rod June 1971 and Hot Rodding Review Sept/Oct 1965 both have features on the car. I have a copy of the 65 one but its had some photos cut out and is beat up. I would love to see some photo's of you 30's and the two Olds, I love the 50 Olds shape and grilles, all class. My parents live in Brisbane so if you did track anything down re mags I could get them to fix you up etc.
    Rockets Rule! cheers Mike.

24. Hey Mike,
    Thanks to you and Margaret and Ralph for your help with the Nostalgia Display. I really appreciated it and also from all the others that had cars and engines on display.
    Thanks,
    Greg

25. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Thanks Greg, awsome job done by you to get some of the best cars & engines in the country together. A really great set up. Cheers Mike & Margaret.

26. Rckt98

Rckt98

For those of us who couldn't make the show, how about posting some pics. Run a thread so all can see.
    Russell