Register now to get rid of these ads!

Top Kustom Ever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61cad, May 9, 2007.

1. Just got through watching RIDES last night. This program was on Billy Gibbons 1961 Caddy that Gene Winfield painted (very cool car).

What kept me watching (besides Billy's hot ass fiancie) was Cadzilla. This has to be the top Kustom ever. That car is in motion sitting still.

Can anyone think of a better built custom?

2. NOT the top kustom but a nice one (think your biased), I thought it was rather ODD that they were dong the upholstery first.
    It seem that they were not going to be doing major body mods, that is why they did that.

I like the chrome paint on the roof, I actually saw this stuff in the eastwood catalog. It sort of works.

3. Hirohata.

4. John Denich

John Denich

That is kinda hard, are we talking traditional or contemporary, yes Cadzilla is a very cool car but the best.......Not in my book, I am in to traditional cars, The Polyniesian is ONE of the best built in my book but it all about your taste.....and what ever that is......is great. Or my 51 Chevy I love my own Kustom that is the best Kustom ever built to ME...

John

5. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

Kopper Kart.

6. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

She ain't his hot ass fiance anymore. She's the mother of his quadruplets, or so they said in his ZZ Top concert last year! The concert was held in Canandaigua, a small city near Rochester from where she hails. Whether or not they are married - who knows? Anyway, the car was fantastic.

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Nick Matranga's Merc, Hirohata's Merc, or Jesse Lopez' 41 Ford Cpe!

Brucie

8. Argueably, the best contemporary custom,certainly the most widely known.:rolleyes:The 61 was gorgeous,and so is his fiance.

9. wz56km

wz56km

Amen!

10. RF

RF

So, you're saying she's NOT his fiancee at the same time you're questioning whether or not they're married?

Either way, there's no such thing as Top Kustom Ever. It's all personal opinion. Cadzzilla is probably the most stylized car ever re-built, period...but you can't compare it to anything built decades prior due to its modern elements. What's fair to say is that it's the "most recognized custom" to date.

11. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Oh by the way, the top custom, at least in my feeble mind, would have to be Moonglow Chev with the Hirohata Merc finishing a very, very very close second. And tomorrow I could easily vote Hirohata's car number one!

12. Hirohata Merc or anything out of the Ayala Bros. garage. And the Polynisian is jaw dropping.

13. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

RF - I see your point, my error. Billy, when he announced that she was the mother of his quads, was absolutely thrilled. Married, engaged, cohabiting - who the hell knows! In fact, as this is a traditional car forum, I'll make no further comments regarding this and I'm sorry I brought it up.

14. RF

RF

Just f'n with you krusty--since you mentioned my old stompin grounds (mom's from Cincinnatus, where I spent most of my summers in the '70s and '80s), I had to!

15. bonesy

bonesy

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have two cats....CatZZilla and Eliminator. Nuff said.

17. 53burb

53burb

Billy and wife are awesome people. On topic about the Cadzzilla, for sure the best custom from the era it was done. Others take center stage too from the time period that they were done. With time comes more knowledge and with that more creativity in doing different things and ideas with customs, some radical and over the top and then there are those that are suttle but make you really look hard to see the tweaking and shaping that was done and makes you go "wow"! I would say that Cadzzilla is one of the most beautiful customs that I have ever seen. KNUX!

18. theta1602

theta1602

chalk up another vote for the Hirohata

19. Cadzilla: Best custom of all time.

Hirohata Merc: Best traditional custom.

Moonglow: Honorable mention.

20. Flatattack

Flatattack

Hirrohata, Moonglow, Sam Barris's Merc, and that Japanese Shoebox that's been on here the last few days.

And a special mention for Jimmie Vaughns 54 Vicki.........

21. KoppaK

KoppaK

I'll take the Bettancourt Merc just after Barris had reworked it the first time

[​IMG]

22. 6inarow

6inarow

Throw my vote to the Hirohata Merc

23. I've always thought the "Cadzilla" was ugly as hell...I don't think I'd drive it even if someone gave it to me...

I like the Sam Barris Merc....

24. RF

RF

I rest my case.

25. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

My favorite will always be Larry Watson's "Grapevine" Chevy. I guess we all have a top kustom though

26. i guess i'll chime in on this pointless thread. it's one of these three.

Attached Files:

27. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Another vote for the Hirohata Merc.

28. JamesG

JamesG

Theres more than one top Kustom guys.

29. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I agree with 1Low, wayyyy to many cool kustoms to narrow it down to just one!

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

For me...the Calori Coupe...hands down.

[​IMG]