Register now to get rid of these ads!

3D Cad model of small block chev engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, Jun 24, 2006.

1. 52RustRocket

52RustRocket

I use it at work sometimes. We mainly use ACAD Mechanical Desktop, but may start using Inventor more often. i like it.

2. urbina

urbina

Hi man, can you send me the engine in a solidworks file??

[email protected]

Thanks!!

3. HotRod1

HotRod1

yousendit.com is a free ftp site. If you know who you want to send a large file to, then use that service. The limitation is 100mb and you have to have a recipient in mind. It works great when you need to send a file to specific person but the email system is limited.

4. Neverdunn 51

Neverdunn 51
    from Flint, MI

Great stuff guys. I've worked for GM Powertrain several times on V-6 programs using Unigraphics. I know it's never quick or easy to reverse engineer existing parts into CAD.

Hats off to ya!

5. arbpjbjlb646

arbpjbjlb646
    from Indiana

6. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Does anyone have a model of a big block Chevy?
    Sure love to have that.

Here is a couple snaps of my current thinking for my 38 Fiat Topolino except now I have a 454 for it.:D

Attached Files:

7. junk

junk

8. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Sure, but dont have time tonight. Gotta find it. Its not completely acurate but its ok to use for some things. Do you want the tranny too?

Jim

9. Psychodad

Psychodad
    from Sweden

Hi guys,

just joined this site and found this great thread. I'm currently helping a guy at work with his plans to install a small block chevy into a super seven replica.

If you could please let me have a copy of the engine with transmission to [email protected]

Solidworks format will work just fine for me. Thanks!!

10. jmcglynn

jmcglynn
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, awesome work guys!

I've been using SolidWorks to do chopper parts for a couple of years, I love that program. I send Brian a PM, I'd really like to get the engine and tranny myself, in SolidWorks format if possible.

Joe at crimescenechoppers dot com

11. vrlpete

vrlpete

i have my own domain with web/ftp and a healthy bandwidth capability. i'd be willing to host the solidworks files at least. what kind of size are we talking here? also, has anyone considered the bittorrent technology? pretty snazzy way of passing around large files.

[email protected]

12. ORTHO

ORTHO

Brianangus, is your offer for the whole model for the 29 roadster available.
    with the 350 SMC. If not I really need the SMC. It will be a huge help.
    I am using SW. A parasolid would be just grand. [email protected]

I tell you what guys, this is one kewl site. The stuff - just in this thread is amazing!
    THANKS!!

13. ORTHO

ORTHO

Awesome stuff! I appreciate the help. When things move along with the project I will put it here.

This place is kewl. I stayed up late reading stuff and downloading things and I should have been working, but it's all good.

Many thanks to you all!

14. edmario

edmario

Hello Brian

Can I get a solidwoks version of your engine? Please e-mail to [email protected].

Thank you very much
    Mario

15. dazza67

dazza67
    from Australia

Giday, I spotted this model some time ago, and went off and learned solid works as a result. I would love a copy of the file please, I am restoring an old F5000 which ran a SBC and I am redoing the entire car in 3D. Thanks In advance Dazza, [email protected]

16. GregsGTR

GregsGTR

Nice solidworks skills. Can I also get a zipped solidworks model of the complete engine. Please email it to me a [email protected]

Thanks

17. 3034

Here's a pic of my latest using the SBC and Solidworks 2008:

Attached Files:

18. JimB

JimB

Great stuff!!!! Any way you could send a version of that 350 model to me in Solidworks format?

[email protected]

19. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

Hey this cad stuff is awsome. I had a class last year at my high school in it. And it was cool to draw stuff up on there you can do just about anything. I made a drag racer car with and and milled it in my class. But go figure someone stole it ahahah.. Cad is awsome though..

20. Habman

Habman
    from Fenton, MI

Brian,

You ARE the man! First the frame info now this

21. Raygar

Raygar
    from St Louis

Have to admit, that is a sweet small block model. If possible, could a brother get a copy to tinker with. Actually I could live with block and heads, want to learn the rest. But damn nice work either way. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Ray

P.S. If you would be willing to email a copy of it, my addie is [email protected] thanks. I tinker with 3d some, am not that good really, wouldnt mind playing with this thing and seeing what I can make with it. Thanks in advance either way.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  22. KAR221

KAR221
    from Central PA

Very cool. Will you please email the solidworks file for engine and components. I will use it in my sprint car model. [email protected]

23. 3DCadDesignMan

3DCadDesignMan

Hey Guys
    I have 18 years experience with 3D Cad, Fitter & Turner by trade, toolmaking and other experience. I offer my help to your Cad requirements should you wish. All I would need is the original file (Parasolid pref) and some details of the additions required. See my intro post, this is eaxctly the type of thing that is of great intrest to me would love to help
    Trevor

24. 3DCadDesignMan

3DCadDesignMan

Sorry, SolidWorks2008 is my prefered Cad Program

25. thojo

thojo
    from Sweden

Hi. I would like to have a copy of the engine, looks really nice. Many thanks. [email protected]

26. KNIBBO

KNIBBO

I have been looking all over for a solid model of a small block Chev. I would greatly appreciate if you could sent it to me. Can you send the parts as separate solid works files so they won't be too large. My email is [email protected]

27. 72c10step

72c10step
    from Loudon, NH

Could I get the SBC assembly or components emailed to me from somebody? I have Solidworks 2007 and 2008 at work, and I've been designing a new chassis and suspension for my Jeep off-road buggy (which has a Chevy 350 with TH350 trans), and just need a rough model of the engine to check clearances with the front suspension. My email is 72c10step @ gmail.com. Thanks.

-Jay

28. 55 gasser

55 gasser
    from michigan

Hi, Everybody.
    Name is Scott, and I would love to get all the files for the chevy 350 motor. Great stuff, just what I'm looking for. I'm looking to do a crank,rod, piston stack up for sevral engine builds I have in mind, is the block model machined with bores and a crank centerline? Please send in Unigraphics or Catia if possible, or a stp file, or parasolid. I'll be using UG at work here and at home, and can translate the files into what I need.
    Thanks [email protected]

29. oj

oj

I have autocad inventor 9, will any of this stuff work? If so i'll take what i can get. Is there other stuff out there? Thanks, oj

30. Chops

Chops

BRIANANGUS;

If you could send me a copy of the SBC in solidworks format and I can play with the internal mates and actually make the solid works model look like its firing up. That is of course if this hasn't already been done. I sent you a pm with my email address.