Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some people have NO respect for your car!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37fordtruck, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37fordtruck

37fordtruck

I just returned from the Knoxville Nationals and discovered that someone let a child walk down the fender and runningboard of my truck. Yes, I have 8 (eight) little 5 inch foot prints on the fender and running board. Then they let the child put their foot on the side of the bed, then on the rear fender. My mirror and dip rails have little greasy finger prints on them. They had to use them for something to hold on to while doing this. Then they went to the other runningboard and did it again!!!!!!!!!
    Where are the parents? I've never seen a 4-6 year old allowed in a car show without a parent. I just wish some people would do some parenting rather than turning these children out to pasture. I understand that children learn by touching and the finger prints do not bother me. I just wish they would not stand on the runningboard to put them on the truck.
    My truck is not perfect, but I do my best to take care of it. I just wish others would respect it and enjoy it as I do with others cars.

2. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

That sucks:mad: Kids raising kids these days:( This generation has no clue:confused: I bet they vote for that witch Hillary:eek:

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I see kids on top of cars around my neighborhood all the time. My kids all know better. They just know better... I've taught them.

4. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i made the mistake of putting a trampoline right beside my 49 dodge coronet. i noticed a big dent on the top of the fender. someone must have used my old bomb for a diving board. it wasn`t too big a deal. it popped right out. my kids assured me that they didn`t do it......

5. swimeasy

swimeasy

I have low tollerance for DUMB ASS parents!!

6. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Its amazing noone else saw the little shit-licker. I always cetch people fingering, leaning on and even getting inside cars. I always speak up...Have a little respect...its not your moms 85 Volvo wagon.

7. choppermatt

choppermatt

i ve seen at a car auction, a 53 vette that was all original. looked great but paint was chipping. what can u expect car is 50 years old. anyone its in a belted area with do not touch signs eveyrwhere and people were going up to it picking the paint of with thier fingers. i wanted to kill them.

8. John Denich

John Denich

Don't get me started, Most of the time the F'ing parents are worse than the kids!!!!! I could go on for days about this but it just makes my blood boil how some people have no respect for other peoples stuff, Ok now I am pissed off.......

John

9. 72sst

72sst

I have 4 kids and am always kinda terrified when we go to car shows.
    But I watch them like a hawk.

10. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Someone makes an electric fence charger that runs off of a 12 volt battery and kicks out around a 50K volt pulse type charge. I wonder if the tires would be enough to insulate the truck to hook up this charger... run a stake into the ground... and then ZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!

11. Greezy

Greezy

I normally dont get all excited about people leaning on or touching my car, hell I use it for a bench all the time. But walking on your truck!!! That is just F@$#ed up.

12. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

The kids will show the same respect for other's property, such as cars, as they have learned from their parent's. Point is, those snotty nosed little twerps have inconsiderate slobs for parents. Only solution that I know of is to impose capital punishment on the parents. :)

13. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I had that happen to me. Parents were RIGHT THERE encouraging the rug rat. I walked up to them and proceeded to ask them to get their little F-ing monkey bastard off my F-ing truck. Fargain Icehole was doing a chin up off my door mirror. Dad sees I've pretty much lost it and proceedes to grab junior turd, but future nitwit soccer mom needed to tell me to watch my language. She got a tad more than an earful.
    Yeah I was probably outta line - but when the nitwits get all "uppity" when they're CLEARLY in the wrong - well then I can't be responsible for my language/actions.

I've seen dingbats put their purses on custom paint jobs. Had guys leaning into my cars up to their belt buckles. Watched a guy open the door of a PERFECT duece coupe and then proceed to SLAM it shut - several times. You name it -they'll do it - people are stupid. Opposeable thumb my ass.

14. Couple of years ago my club was asked to put cars on display in a local mall. So I volunteered my roadster. They put up plastic chains around the cars. Next day I came in and found a small kid inside the chains standing with his feet inside my reversed rim rear wheels and holding on to the tire while he made noises and jumped up and down. His parents were watching. They could not understand why I was not amused. Never again.

15. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Im in the same boat with my 2 as well. It even makes me nervous at swap meets that they are going to pick up something small and heave it at something or somebody. Hasnt ever happened, so i guess im raising the right so far.

16. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

That sux. hope there was no damage. Walking on a car is only acceptable if it looks like my friends does..
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. 72sst

72sst

I went to an old salvage yard where I bought a 53 Chevy Belair.The owner was restoring an old fire truck.My 2 year old picked up a hammer and was going for the fire truck.........................I got him in time....................thank god.It had just been painted.I have taken them to many yards and shows since and have had zero problems.They know not to touch.I think not being legally able to spank children has ruined society.

18. I have taken my 2 children to indoor-shows, outdoor-shows, drag races, etc. My wife and I have taught our children to RESPECT others cars. Kids must be taught good behavior. Spare the rod spoil the child! It is the parents fault.

19. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

That sucks, not having respect for other peoples stuff sucks even more. The selfish bastards. I guess the parents are just jealous cause they traded the ability to retain nice shit themselves for a piece of tail and had kids.

20. Amen!
    There's a fine line between discipline and abuse. Speaking from experience, a quick swat on the ass gets your attention and makes you think twice the second time. That was my parents philosophy, and I think I'm a better person because of it. Making Billy sit on the "naughty chair" doesn't do a damn thing.
    My wife likes to watch those nanny TV shows and they drive me nutts. The kids aren't the problem, the parents are. If you haven't got enough time in your busy schedule to raise your kids, you never should have had them in the first place.
    Alright I'm done.

21. I dont get too upset about "small" scratches and such. My paint job came from krylon.:D But I completely understand where you are comeing from about crib monkeys useing your car as a jungle gym. AND dont get in my car without asking. I have had shit stolen during car shows,coolers,tools,some old parts that the bastards probobly have no idea what they fit. So I got my own issues there. I dont even mind if you lean on my car and b.s. with me. Hell, pull up a fender and relax, as long as I am there too! I hated those signs,"dont touch me ! Iam not that kind of car!" Soooo... mine said says Touch me I AM that kind of car! {I dont put it out any more}

22. That is so funny! When I saw this thread,I thought for sure,it was from Timebomb! Especially after our Hispanic,Cinco De Mayo experience yesterday at the Aces show. These two guys kept touching his car,running their hands down the fenders,leaning on the door,to look in the window. That's when he lost it! "Hey...don't lean on the car!". (head nod)leans back on the car. "Hey don't lean on the car!!!" Then they look at him like,what's his problem. Me and TetanusShot thought we were gonna have to back him up. They walked away.

23. Kids bother me a little, but I actually laugh when kids jump up on "smoothie" running boards still hangin' around from the nineties. Makes me glad my car still has the rubber mat on the 'boards.

What I hate hate HATE is when a grown adult, a "car person" even is looking at a car and ever so casually knocks on the door or the fender to see if it's glass or steel... the nerve of rapping on someone else's car. I saw someone doing it a couple of weeks ago on a 34 3window, it was all I could do to not say something, and it wasn't even my car!

Like I said, it's usually so called "rodders" that do this. They should know better, and therefore the consequences should be harsh!

Has anyone else seen this happen??

24. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Whenever I go to a.....oh no...this is why I don't like to go to events. Ever.

25. prl98

prl98

My grandfather once told me abput a lady he caught letting her kid use the fender on his model A as a slide at a show once.

26. The Anarkist

The Anarkist
    from Canada

If my 4 year old (Or her 5 year old or 7 year old sisters) went ANYWHERE near doing that to someone else's vehicle, they WOULD get a spanking and I don't care WHO'S watching!!

Luckily they don't require one very often. My 4 year old is scared shitless of me when I get mad. LOL.

27. I was at a car show a few years ago,and watched a "parent"who stood their small child,on the top of the front fender,of a "very high dollar"rpu.This was so the child could walk(oops they slid) down the nice flowing fender.Unfortunetly the child had just been walking through an area of fine crushed rock and sand,that had stuck to the bottom of his shoes!!!When i freaked at the parents for damaging the rods paint(big scratches down the fender)they bitched at me for yelling in front of their child!!!(no swearing,just yelling):eek:They said"IT'S JUST AN OLD CAR!!!"

28. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

You can legally spank and even slap just as long as you dont leave a mark, and NO redness is not considered a mark! I just wouldnt slap a kid cuz you can mess up their teeth which gets real expensive!! My parents cracked me real good a few times and I think I'm better for it!

29. whitewallslick

whitewallslick
    1. oHIo

I have been out walking around at car shows & have come back to parents holding my driver door open and letting their kids sit IN my car. :confused: If I was standing there & they asked it would be no problem, but how rude to not even ask.

I had an H1 Hummer a few years back & that was the worst. People thought that truck was public domain. Can't tell you how many times I would come out of a store and somebody would have their kid(s) sitting in it.

People have very little respect for the property of others these days.

30. knotheads

knotheads

in the eyes of the law i believe this would be considered boobie trapping ..which is illegal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.