Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Need Pics Of Headlight Mods On A 49-52 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SHORTDOG, May 6, 2007.

1. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Anybody git pics of early VW, Mercedes, Porsche, or any other headlights of the kind that have been grafted on a 49-52 chevy? I am looking for reference shots......Thanks :cool:

2. Kustm52

Kustm52

Don't do it.....

3. John Denich

John Denich

To trendy in my opinion, I just welded the stock rings and mounted the headlights from behind...But the cool part of building a car is it ALL YOURS.

John

4. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

There are a lot of chevs w/nice headlight mods that are relatively easy , but nothins cheap these days. '55/'56 olds rims are nice. grafting '55 chev. fender pieces in looks nice. mercury rims make a great frenching job. The sky is the limit, but you want it to look like it belongs there and goes w/rest of the car. I'm not sure which way I'm going w/my '51 2dr., but it'll be one of the last things I do to the body. It's real easy to mess up on headlights, cause they are a focal point on the front. Kind of like making eye contact with the car....Ole Pork

5. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Hey Guys, I am not doing it and the need of the pics is to prove a point. My Buddy mentioned to me that he wants to put in Early VW headlights on his 51, Instead of just telling him "Don't do it!" because like everybody says "It is his car and he can do whatever he likes" I went this route with hopes of letting him see some examples and then decide on it. So thanks for the Concern guys but like i said i just the pics for reference.......Let's try again, anybody got any?

6. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I am sure these are VW headlights, sorry not a chevy.

please tell him not to do it.

[​IMG]

7. goodman

goodman
    from Miami

Here's mine

Attached Files:

8. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

According to the HAMB definition, THOSE OPTIONS ARE WAY GAY.

9. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Hey David, This pic looks like the last Back to the Beach show held at Huntington Beach. That was an awesome show.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have many thousands of car show pics. I have no pics of this modification because it is a butt ugly thing to do... just tell him the HAMB says no.

11. teddyp

teddyp

i have tons of 49-52 chevy customs but none with that ugly headlights

Attached Files: